• 12(current)
Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0
(2013-01-22, 14:07)ncnoman Wrote: Hi, This is quickly becoming my favorite skin minus one snag.... Context menus don't show up at all for me in WALL or COVERFLOW modes.... Well they might show up as I have to hit escape to navigate again... but I can't see the context menu.... i have a feeling it is invisible which is worse than it missing, when you consider my precious library in the hands of a novice housemate user going button mad... Anyone else having this issue? Are devs already aware? Any tips?
THANK YOU!

i'm aware. it's a bug in xbmc i'll have to workaround in the skin.
it will be addressed in the next version of Transparency!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-01-22, 14:10)ronie Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 07:36)alan Wrote: Transparency is a very nice skin for XMBC. I love it very much.
I installed XMBC 12 RC3 with transparency skin. I found the button which is used for shutting off computer in the UI of XMBC didn't work. When I clicked this button, the XMBC just exited instead of shutting off computer, but the default skin didn't have this problem. Is there anyone have the same defect? How to fix it? Your prompt reply will be appreciated.

i can't think of a single reason why there would be a difference between Confluence and Transparency! here.

the shutdown menu may not be supported on some systems (ATV2 iirc), but behaviour should be similar across skins.

post a debug log of you pressing the shutdown button in Confluence
and a debug log of doing the same in Transparency!

Thanks for your rapid response. After I changed the setting below, the shut off button work well but the response of the restart button is still exiting XMBC instead of restart my HTPC.

System setting----power saving----automatic shut off---shut off
(2013-01-22, 20:21)alan Wrote: Thanks for your rapid response. After I changed the setting below, the shut off button work well but the response of the restart button is still exiting XMBC instead of restart my HTPC.

yeah, that one has been a hit and miss for years.
it might work on some platforms and not on others.
(2013-01-22, 20:21)alan Wrote: System setting----power saving----automatic shut off---shut off

heh, i don't even have an 'automatic shut off' setting there.
i'll try to keep that in mind when someone else comes along with the same problem.

cheers for the feedback!
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-01-22, 20:26)ronie Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 20:21)alan Wrote: Thanks for your rapid response. After I changed the setting below, the shut off button work well but the response of the restart button is still exiting XMBC instead of restart my HTPC.

yeah, that one has been a hit and miss for years.
it might work on some platforms and not on others.
(2013-01-22, 20:21)alan Wrote: System setting----power saving----automatic shut off---shut off

heh, i don't even have an 'automatic shut off' setting there.
i'll try to keep that in mind when someone else comes along with the same problem.

cheers for the feedback!
sorry, the menu chain is below, it does work after change the shutdown function to be "shut off" instead of "exit".
settings > system > power saving > shutdown function
Please see the link below, the problem was coming up before, changing the setting is a solution.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=shut+down
As for the button for restart HTPC, when I click the button, it just have XMBC exit instead of restart. Could you please help me out?
(2013-01-23, 08:24)alan Wrote: As for the button for restart HTPC, when I click the button, it just have XMBC exit instead of restart. Could you please help me out?

'fraid not, the restart is done by xbmc, not the skin.
Hello Ronie,

I upgraded from Eden to Frodo RC3 today, and T! to v5.0.6.

Upon upgrading XBMC did the "refresh image thumbnails" thingy, and after waiting for the refresh to complete, everything in the general library appears good - TV show banners, season posters etc are all perfect; Movie posters are all showing up fine when browsing the library in any of the modes - coverflow, fanart, etc, and posters also show up fine when looking at the individual movie details.

HOWEVER, when *playing* Movies and hitting pause or info to bring up the UI, instead of the proper poster in the image frame, I see a screenshot instead of the poster.

ALSO - on the main home page, under New Movies and New TV Shows at the bottom right, I don't get any of the covers, just the blue camera icon.

Any ideas on how to correct these 2 issues?

Many thanks
The REAL Joe

EDIT: Upon further testing, the following Library views for Movies display covers correctly:

cover flow
item
wall
slide

BUT, the following display the video frame thumbnails instead of the covers:

media icons
thumb wall
fanart
list
thumbnail
cheers therealjoeblow.
these issues have been reported a few times before.

i'm unsure why this is happening for some of you,
maybe our upgrade shizzle from eden to frodo is not 100% waterproof.
since it is possible to fix this skin side, i'll push an update shortly that should address these issues.

the only thing that should currently be working correctly though
are the 'new' movies/episodes covers on the home screen.
not sure if you tried, but a restart of xbmc after the initial
image refresh thingy might fix it?
(2013-01-23, 18:58)ronie Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 08:24)alan Wrote: As for the button for restart HTPC, when I click the button, it just have XMBC exit instead of restart. Could you please help me out?

'fraid not, the restart is done by xbmc, not the skin.

But the restart button in the default skin works well. When I change the skin to Transparency!, the restart button doesn't work as it means, it just exit XMBC instead of restart HTPC.
(2013-01-24, 03:45)alan Wrote: But the restart button in the default skin works well. When I change the skin to Transparency!, the restart button doesn't work as it means, it just exit XMBC instead of restart HTPC.

ah, that's pretty weird...

just to make sure, did you test the 'Reboot' or the 'Restart XBMC' button in Transparency!?
'Reboot' should reboot your system.
'Restart XBMC' will only quit XBMC and start it again. (this one fails on some systems)
(2013-01-24, 03:52)ronie Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 03:45)alan Wrote: But the restart button in the default skin works well. When I change the skin to Transparency!, the restart button doesn't work as it means, it just exit XMBC instead of restart HTPC.

ah, that's pretty weird...

just to make sure, did you test the 'Reboot' or the 'Restart XBMC' button in Transparency!?
'Reboot' should reboot your system.
'Restart XBMC' will only quit XBMC and start it again. (this one fails on some systems)

I appreciate for your patience to reply my question. Sorry to bother you so much.
You are correct, I confused with Reboot and Restart XMBC. I got it now. Thanks again.

Is there a way to get this from other sources? It fails constantly when I try to install it on my Jynbox. Here is my log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=29965
In the past it started to download and failed but today it won't even start the download.

Please, I love this skin on my Windows computer but I can't get it on my Android.
(2013-01-24, 13:32)RavRob Wrote: Is there a way to get this from other sources? It fails constantly when I try to install it on my Jynbox. Here is my log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=29965
In the past it started to download and failed but today it won't even start the download.

Please, I love this skin on my Windows computer but I can't get it on my Android.

the problem is not with the download by the looks.
as for the download not starting, that's normal, as it's been previously downloaded alredy,
so we don't download it again.

something is going wrong after download, when xbmc tries to extract the zipfile:
Code:
07:24:03 T:10150352   DEBUG: FileManager: copy zip://special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fpackages%2fskin.transparency-5.0.6.zip/skin.transparency/backgrounds/shutdown.jpg -> special://home/addons/skin.transparency/backgrounds/shutdown.jpg
07:24:03 T:10150352   DEBUG: FileManager: copy zip://special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fpackages%2fskin.transparency-5.0.6.zip/skin.transparency/backgrounds/skin.jpg -> special://home/addons/skin.transparency/backgrounds/skin.jpg
07:24:03 T:10150352   ERROR:  - Failed write to file special://home/addons/skin.transparency/backgrounds/skin.jpg

i've no idea why it fails, my only guess would be you've run out of free disc-space ?
How can I create more disk space? Removing addon or Android apps? How do I remove addon? Is it just a matter of disabling them or do I need to remove some folders with addon in them?

Thanks for all the help.
(2013-01-24, 18:25)RavRob Wrote: How can I create more disk space? Removing addon or Android apps? How do I remove addon? Is it just a matter of disabling them or do I need to remove some folders with addon in them?

Thanks for all the help.

addons usually don't take up a lot of space, and you don't seem to have that many installed.

if you have confirmed it's indeed a diskspace issue,
(go to system > system info > storage and check the available free diskspace on the sd card)
you need to figure out whats taking up a lot of diskspace.
could be pictures/videos...
I will do this tonight.

Thanks again for the help. Much appreciate.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.03