• 4(current)
IMDB add on stopped working?
See post #42.
(2012-12-14, 02:59)artrafael Wrote: See post #42.

Ok, then how do we uninstall IMDB? I have been using the Universal but thought IMDB was better.

Also I see how to change the scraper if I go into Video/Files then right click and change content, how do I do this for Movies?
(2012-12-14, 04:35)ToppDogg Wrote: Ok, then how do we uninstall IMDB? I have been using the Universal but thought IMDB was better.
System/Settings > Add-ons > Enabled add-ons > Movie information > locate IMDB scraper and open its context menu > Add-on Information > Uninstall
Quote:Also I see how to change the scraper if I go into Video/Files then right click and change content, how do I do this for Movies?
That's how you do it. Just open the context menu for your Movies directory and select "Change content".

(2012-12-13, 16:14)olympia Wrote:
(2012-12-13, 01:25)cman2000 Wrote:
(2012-12-09, 08:16)olympia Wrote: Don't bet on this.

Can you please elaborate on this?

I mean odds are pretty high that IMDb scraper will not be fixed. Universal Scraper can completely replace it.
It provides the same functionality and more, so no need to have an IMDb scraper.

then the odds of having unhappy user will be high! universal scraper is not capable in my case to identify movies like Ghostbusters, BSG the plan or Halo4! I can appreciate that people try to make their own scraper or movie db but the ONLY one that work is IMDB! It will even find movies that my 5 yo watch! So please guys we need to have IMDB back!

LOL, welcome to the forums!
(2012-12-14, 17:14)olympia Wrote: welcome to the forums!

Thanks!

(2012-12-14, 17:14)olympia Wrote: LOL

Well, I maintain my position, while I had the IMDB Scraper it was Plug and Play all movies were found immediately, with the universal scraper set to IMDB I have many false positive that I have to manually correct one by one. It will be ok for small video library but as a Movie freak like I am having to double check everything is time consuming.
(2012-12-15, 03:14)spacepig Wrote: ..... is time consuming.

same as us fixing everything and answering posts
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-12-15, 03:14)spacepig Wrote: Well, I maintain my position, while I had the IMDB Scraper it was Plug and Play all movies were found immediately, with the universal scraper set to IMDB I have many false positive that I have to manually correct one by one. It will be ok for small video library but as a Movie freak like I am having to double check everything is time consuming.

Then IMDb changed its search engine and I couldn't sort out as of yet to have the same reliable search results with the new engine as it was before. This is mainly because the current search engine is buggy. As soon as I can sort this out and I will be satisfied with it, the Universal Scraper will be equipped with IMDb search as well.
I edit imdb.xml, it seems working.

http://sdrv.ms/TTfgJQ
[edited - didn't read some posts properly]
(2012-12-13, 16:14)olympia Wrote:
(2012-12-13, 01:25)cman2000 Wrote:
(2012-12-09, 08:16)olympia Wrote: Don't bet on this.

Can you please elaborate on this?

I mean odds are pretty high that IMDb scraper will not be fixed. Universal Scraper can completely replace it.
It provides the same functionality and more, so no need to have an IMDb scraper.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate the work you guys put in and can understand how it must suck to try and update scrapers for websites that have no API. scumbag IMDb
Im sorry but i disagree completely, ppl that do not speak english or tey to add non-english movies rely on IMDB more than anything to scrape movie info, so it needs to work urgently!

This leaves most of the population out, of the equation and leaves only the english speaking people

Please keep on supporting this essential addon
(2012-12-15, 10:55)tanash Wrote: I edit imdb.xml, it seems working.

http://sdrv.ms/TTfgJQ

I also had made some changes to the xml.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80929459/imdb.xml

(2012-12-17, 04:24)vtwin0001 Wrote: Im sorry but i disagree completely, ppl that do not speak english or tey to add non-english movies rely on IMDB more than anything to scrape movie info, so it needs to work urgently!

This leaves most of the population out, of the equation and leaves only the english speaking people

Please keep on supporting this essential addon

You disagree with what?
IMDb has worse support for non English-speaking than tmdb
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB add on stopped working?1