ODROID-X2 ( quad-core Exynos4412 + quad-core Mali-400)
this $149 platform will reign supreme!!

looks like the ODROID-X2 can run Ubuntu with hardware accel!!

Samsung Set To Open-Source Parts Of The Exynos FTW!!!!
No replies here yet?

I like this one even more than the odroid-u2 regarding connectivity.
But at the end i wonder how usefull these plattforms are for normal users since they are sold as developers kits.
I'm kinda tired of the heat my AppleTV generates. I'm really drawn to the U2, guess I have to wait a month to see what develops.
the X2 is very nice!
its pretty much the same as the U2
but has more USB ports and well, no case per se...
i think the U2 is definitely more attractive now!!
X2 looks really good, is there OPENElec option for these to run XBMC like the Pi?
so far there's only XBMC as an android app, minus hardware accel

and i dont recall but there's a linux distro too.
Ubuntu (ARM) runs on this

I'm considering making this my workstation right now Smile
I read on there forums that there in the process of getting X11 drivers up and running (including HA), They have access to the DDK (something like that) as they came to an agreement with Samsung and Arm.

Are these the drivers we need in order to have nice smooth video playback. The CPU on these should handle the XBMC UI nicely.

There's a video on Youtube with Android/XBMC running on one of these.
(2012-12-03, 03:57)starkers Wrote: Ubuntu (ARM) runs on this

I'm considering making this my workstation right now Smile

The user has to compile the OS image right? There is nothing you can just download then load on a flash drive?

Once its out in the wild you are sure to see community builds as usual, and it will be fully hardware accelerated in XBMC under Ubuntu - android xbmc ........not so at this point.
(2012-12-03, 16:58)XBdroidMC Wrote: Once its out in the wild you are sure to see community builds as usual, and it will be fully hardware accelerated in XBMC under Ubuntu - android xbmc ........not so at this point.

https://github.com/huceke/xbmc/tree/exynos
(2012-12-03, 21:12)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2012-12-03, 16:58)XBdroidMC Wrote: Once its out in the wild you are sure to see community builds as usual, and it will be fully hardware accelerated in XBMC under Ubuntu - android xbmc ........not so at this point.

https://github.com/huceke/xbmc/tree/exynos

Be warned, this is pre pre pre pre pre pre pre alpha code. Every complain about missing fetures or not working on your hardware will be ignored, expect valid PR's with fixes and enhancements.
but, but, but Smile
Hmmm nice little board, very tempted Smile

Anyone figured out if it will do 5.1 audio over HDMI (ODroid-U2)? - I read some posts that suggested it only did stereo, but they were a bit unclear...
if i understood correctly the used audio chip can only decode stereo but should be able to passthrough/bitstream 5.1..

i'm in love with the odroid-u2...just ordered some ^^
..to bad they don't have optical out and proper audio codec Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID-X2 ( quad-core Exynos4412 + quad-core Mali-400)2