stuttering and choppy playback
(2012-11-29, 23:11)jaja714 Wrote:
(2012-11-29, 21:36)bluray Wrote: Since it is stuttering after you installed Frodo, maybe it is time to un-install XBMC completely and re-install Eden from scratch.....

I'm not familiar with Nvidia Ion. If you want to bistream with Eden, you check out my thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........

I tried re-installing Eden before and that didn't work. Following your suggestion, I did the following:
  1. uninstalled Frodo
  2. renamed %APPDATA%\XBMC to %APPDATA%\FRODO (saving it and moving it out of the way)
  3. reinstalled EDEN
  4. adjusted a few EDEN settings (HDMI, 5.1, etc...)
  5. played my Raiders Of The Lost Ark Blu-Ray ISO
Voila! ... all is working now in glorious 5.1 1080p!

I have a feeling FRODO was suspect all along and reinstalling EDEN on top of FRODO was an insufficient roll-back strategy. We should all make a note to uninstall first as part of any XBMC roll-back.
Will I ever be able to upgrade to FRODO because of my hardware? I need FRODO so that my movies can be sorted by file create date. Sorting by date added is insufficient because EDEN loads videos alphabetically (because that's the way Windows sorts them).
I never install new version without backup the existing userdata, and then remove the existing XBMC folder in roaming. When Frodo become stable release, then you can install it. For now, Eden is the latest stable version....

I'm glad that you got it to work.....Nod

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Yeah, this is the first time I did something like this so, better safe than sorry. I will be trying jjd-uk's suggestion(s) early next week.
jjd-uk ... Frodo still choppy!

http://pastebin.com/JpcxymzR

(2012-12-09, 21:43)jaja714 Wrote: jjd-uk ... Frodo still choppy!

http://pastebin.com/JpcxymzR
I tried Frodo several days ago, and this is how I configured it- Test drive Frodo Beta 2.......

You can try to set speaker configuration to 7.1......

7.1 does not work and matching my settings to that "test drive" post didn't improve things either.

When playing blu-rays in debug mode, i see that my fps is around 4! Isn't there anything in that debug log to indicate what the problem is?
(2012-12-10, 00:38)jaja714 Wrote: 7.1 does not work and matching my settings to that "test drive" post didn't improve things either.

When playing blu-rays in debug mode, i see that my fps is around 4! Isn't there anything in that debug log to indicate what the problem is?
I started off with in-correct settings in Frodo audio output, and I encountered all kind of problems with stuttering and choppy playback on my PC's too. With the correct configurations in Frodo audio output, it can playback fluently on all files (including blu-ray disc).....

Keep trying different combination in Frodo audio output, you'll find the right combination for your HTPC......

Regarding the 7.1-
-I tried to match Frodo with the actual 2.1 speaker contfiguration in my bedroom, but it was very choppy and stuttering till I switched it to 7.1 speaker configuration in Frodo. It can playback fluently afterward, and my AVR seems to decode and playback correctly on my 2.1 speaker system...
-7.1 speaker configuration matches the actual speaker system in my theater room, and it worked fine there too...
-connecting PC directly to HDTV will work with 2.0 speaker configuration in Frodo only....

i´m new to xbmc, so don´t slap me if i´m not right.

what i´ve seen in your log is, that wasapi failed to start in exclusive mode.
also, as long as the formats u want to play are not in the windows sound supported formats list, there is something wrong with ur Nvidia HDMI audio driver.
maybe up/downgrade of that driver can help.
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
(2012-12-10, 01:07)bimme Wrote: i´m new to xbmc, so don´t slap me if i´m not right.
We don't slap people in this forum. We embraces good comment....Big Grin
(2012-12-10, 01:07)bimme Wrote: what i´ve seen in your log is, that wasapi failed to start in exclusive mode.
also, as long as the formats u want to play are not in the windows sound supported formats list, there is something wrong with ur Nvidia HDMI audio driver.
maybe up/downgrade of that driver can help.

We've seen the WASAPI problems too and we've all been discussing the WASAPI problems since the beginning of this thread. Also located earlier in this thread were discussions regarding NVIDIA drivers. The new one didn't work, so I rolled back to the old one etc... still, nothing solved. We were, however, able to get Eden up and running again.

The bottom line is does anyone know why I am seeing the following error in Frodo but not Eden?

Code:
ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: Failed to initialize WASAPI in exclusive mode -2147024809 - (E_INVALIDARG).
13:05:44 T:1212   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.
Are you absolutely certain Exclusive Mode is enabled in the device audio properties?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Just to verify we're all on the same page, can you confirm how you reinstalled Frodo, did you do my suggestion of doing a portable install in order to leave your Eden install untouched by your testing? If so then did you start a fresh from a clean install or did you copy the Eden data across?

If a completely fresh install in portable mode with no importing of data from Eden or copying of userdata then that would eliminate the guisettings.xml file as a possible cause.

Looking at the logs in Post #18 the HDMI - WASAPI device is not reporting it can do HD Audio

Can you post screenshots (uploaded to somewhere like Imageshack) of the following

From XBMC then Settings - System - Audio Output screen

From Windows the Supported Formats and Advanced tabs from the properties of your HDMI device.

Refer to http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AudioEngine & http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Win...udioEngine
Done a bit more research and it seems the ION version in the Revo 3700 won't bitstream TrueHD & DTS-MA, you should however be able to use XBMC to decode to LPCM 7.1 over HDMI, ensure TrueHD capable receiver & DTS-HD capable receiver are not selected and that Multichannel PCM capable receiver is selected.
jjd-uk, yes I did a portable install (notice the directory references n the logs). Also, I did not copy anything from the Eden directories. Instead, I simply defined one video source in Frodo for testing.

pics didn't seem to upload on this forum using the image button. you can find the pics here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/115745765...1148133825

https://plus.google.com/photos/115745765...1003246722

https://plus.google.com/photos/115745765...8551149138

Ok the XBMC settings seem fine to me, what concerns me is the HDCP: Not Supported in Supported Formats

I wonder if you've got an EDID Problem.

You got anymore thoughts Damain?
@jaja714- Just to rule out some issues within your HTPC, can you install the trial version of TMT5 from here- TotalMedia Theatre 5.......

You can configure audio output as shown in my screen shot below, and you need to make sure that Hardware Acceleration is activated in TMT5 too. You can try to playback blu-ray disc or blu-ray file....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stuttering and choppy playback0