stuttering and choppy playback
This is a desktop PC, not a laptop, and both power settings (turn off display and put computer to sleep) have always been set to never.
(2012-12-14, 04:20)jaja714 Wrote: This is a desktop PC, not a laptop, and both power settings (turn off display and put computer to sleep) have always been set to never.
I understand that it is a desktop, but you still can utilize power options. On a high performance plan, the processor run at max clock speed all the time vs balanced plan, the processor run on demand......with the power options, you still can utilize "turn off display and put pc to sleep" options....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
@jaja714 - the error you are seeing is because the driver is rejecting (correctly or not) the call to initialize the device in exclusive mode (event-driven). I looked at the screenshots you posted and your settings for exclusive mode are correct, but the driver does not support it using the event-driven method.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Damain, is there anyway to poll the driver for the modes it supports as part of the enumeration? so you could see an entry like WASAPI event mode support: no in the logs
@jjd-uk - it's kindof a pass or fail on Initialize, but certainly the error entry could be spruced up for more detail.

I do have a fix for this, as RealTek hasn't done much to address, but it adds enough complexity that it won't make Frodo Sad
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Not to worry, all is working so well now with Frodo DirectSound that these WASAPI issues are no longer critical.

Two questions though:

1. Is there any hope for an EDID override?
  2. I see mention that RealTek is not cooperating but I was asked to remove those devices. Isn't this a NVIDIA issue?

It looks like you're using RealTek drivers, not nVidias. Many folks are getting HD audio and all the goodies with nVidia drivers.
(2012-12-14, 18:25)jaja714 Wrote: Not to worry, all is working so well now with Frodo DirectSound that these WASAPI issues are no longer critical.

Two questions though:

1. Is there any hope for an EDID override?
  2. I see mention that RealTek is not cooperating but I was asked to remove those devices. Isn't this a NVIDIA issue?
I'm glad that you got it to work with DirectSound. Unfortunately, you are not able to bitstream HD audio with it. You need Nvidia and WASAPI for HD audio. If you are okay with the overall sounds from DirectSound, it should be all good then.....

(2012-12-14, 20:03)DDDamian Wrote: It looks like you're using RealTek drivers, not nVidias. Many folks are getting HD audio and all the goodies with nVidia drivers.

(2012-12-14, 20:42)bluray Wrote: I'm glad that you got it to work with DirectSound. Unfortunately, you are not able to bitstream HD audio with it. You need Nvidia and WASAPI for HD audio. If you are okay with the overall sounds from DirectSound, it should be all good then.....

Earlier in this thread, I was asked to remove all RealTek devices and drivers. Thus, I must be using Nvidia and WASAPI for HD audio, right? Doesn't my debug log show that somewhere?
(2012-12-12, 16:37)crystalgipsy Wrote: I managed to only get around this on my Revo 3700 by turning of adjust refresh rate to source, WASAPI hdmi audio, render method on Auto and turning off DTS-HD and Dolby Digital HD. Used to be ok before but not been a nightmare with Frodo it seems to not like 23.98 material at all. Also had to do a clean install and delete all the settings.

I thought I had sorted my playback problems but alas it seems not. What I have been noticing is that playback gets worse the longer XBMC has been running. After a day you get the odd stutter by 3 days it's unwatchable jittery mess almost like its missing out every other frame.

I have also turned off dirty regions. Getting a bit lost with it now. I have pretty much tried all suggestions I can find on the forum, changing my AV settings, uinstall realtek drivers. The only thing I haven't done is turn off DVXA2 acceleration but there would be no point in this as the Revo would not play back my files at all without it. I have the latest Nvidia drivers,

Any more suggestions welcome, I really want to keep Frodo but it is looking like XBMC does not like the Revo 3700 any more and I may be forced to go back to Eden.

Just for the record running on Windows 8 Pro, using XBMC launcher, Revo 3700, 2Gb Memory, Nvidia Ion 2, HDMI Audio.
@jaja714 - check in Device Manager what the actual driver is.
(2012-12-15, 15:20)jaja714 Wrote:
(2012-12-14, 20:03)DDDamian Wrote: It looks like you're using RealTek drivers, not nVidias. Many folks are getting HD audio and all the goodies with nVidia drivers.

(2012-12-14, 20:42)bluray Wrote: I'm glad that you got it to work with DirectSound. Unfortunately, you are not able to bitstream HD audio with it. You need Nvidia and WASAPI for HD audio. If you are okay with the overall sounds from DirectSound, it should be all good then.....

Earlier in this thread, I was asked to remove all RealTek devices and drivers. Thus, I must be using Nvidia and WASAPI for HD audio, right? Doesn't my debug log show that somewhere?
Yes, you un-installed RealTek earlier in the post. Your Debug does shown "HDMI - DENON-AVAMP-1 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)", but it shown this error "ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: Failed to initialize WASAPI in exclusive mode". It is pointing to Nvidia driver issue. You might want to un-install the existing Nvidia driver and re-install the driver from your mobo website instead.....

If it is still having issue with HD audio after you re-installed the driver, you can try to un-tick TrueHD and DTS-HD capable receiver options in XBMC audio output.....

If all else failed, you can try to rename XBMC in \AppData\Roaming\ folder to XBMC_orig. Re-launch XBMC and reconfigure video/audio output in XBMC again.....another word, you'll start fresh again....
DDDamian, NVIDIA

bluray, I will take your advice tomorrow but in the meantime where is this mobo website?
(2012-12-15, 23:49)jaja714 Wrote: bluray, I will take your advice tomorrow but in the meantime where is this mobo website?
What is your motherboard brand and model?

bluray, my Acer Aspire R3700 has "Acer TDPS05 R3700" as the mobo.

DDDamian, I have FOUR "NVIDIA High Definition Audio" devices listed in device manager along with something labelled simply as "High Definitino Audio Device". RealTek is not listed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stuttering and choppy playback0