DTS software-decoder (decode DTS in SW)
http://www.videolan.org/dtsdec.html

has an early version of a software dts decoder. would be nice to have it in xbmc. for example:
dts->ac3 5.1
dts->stereo
would be possible and maybe playing of dts-cds.
xine (www.xinehq.de) also has software dts decoder but frodo made it clear he won't implement it until mplayer does
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
just in case the developers have not seen what videolan is doing with dts, here's a quote of http://www.videolan.org

Quote:vlc supports dts audio (10 feb 2004) the latest test release of vlc media player comes with dts audio support. try it out!

first release of dtsdec (10 feb 2004) dtsdec is a free dts coherent acoustics decoder. dts is a high quality multi-channel (5.1) digital audio format in use in dvd's and dts audio cd's. the code for dtsdec is still in early development stage, but it is already quite useable. vlc media player becomes the first open source application able to play dts audio.

see also

http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581841
(merbanan @ feb. 13 2004,15:37 Wrote:would be possible and maybe playing of dts-cds.
not simple since they are 44khz dts. simpler to add 48khz dts streams in video (dvd-video or avi/ogm/mkv with muxed dts stream):
(jmarshall @ jan. 20 2004,21:48 Wrote:just a point about dts audio cds - they're at 44.1khz, so would have to be decoded to 6 channel pcm first (in software) then recoded to ac3 by the xbox hardware, as the digital output on the xbox only does 48khz audio.

dts decoding in software has not (afaik) been added to xbmc.

cheers,
jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Wink 
hi,

i have a movie wich seems seems to be encoded in dts.
i have a great picture but i can't get the sound at all..
i have a dolby digital but not a dts capable receiver.
when i press info, it displays the following:
audio: (dts/spdif) cbr br:192000 sr:48.00 khz chns:2

is there a way i can get to hear the sound? i tried all possible audio settings i could think of, nothing seems to help. (i have had no problems with other files, but i don't think they where dts)

any help would be appreciated..

and yes, i tried both the analog and digital outputs.. in analog mode i just hear a scratching sound Sad
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
at the moment the only way to play dts sound is if your receiver can decode the dts-stream. there's no software decoding support (yet).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
and there likely never will be either. there's 0 usage of making something else of a dts stream.

if you wanna enjoy dts, get a dts capable system

ok, thanks for the responses at least i know whats going on now Smile guess i'll have to find a way to convert that movie to something i can decode..
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
it would be nice with dts support. not just passthrough but dts->ac3 conversion. i have a dd only capable decoder so it would be nice to be able to output 5.1 from dts. and before hinting to frodos post, mplayer supports it.
maybe a stupid question, but what are you doing with dts material if you cant listen to it?

i can listen to it, just not in 5.1. and sveriges radio has some nice clips i would like to listen to.
Question 
fyi, this is in development and has already been partialy implemented (to what extend i don't know) as mplayer now added libdts
see this post
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS software-decoder (decode DTS in SW)0