OS X XBMC plus EyeTV Integration
]Ever since combining XBMC and EyeTV, I have wanted to integrate it so it is unnoticeable that it is on a computer as such. Well after plenty of mucking around I am finally satisfied with the result. If anyone else is in the same boat, and you like my example, am happy to help.

This is the short video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJHG2K8NQas
These are all the scripts you will need including the keyboard.xml. It is done with flirc so i am using my onkyo remote for everything (finally).

My main effort has been to achieve maximum integration.

Superimposed notifications of live score updates, mail, phone calls (not all shown in the video), live screenshots (visual feedback by the blue backlight).
Automatic uploading of screenshots.
Removing the menu bar.
Smooth transitions.

Happy to provide more info if anyone is interested.
Image[/img]
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Ok, updated with a much more thorough video.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Real integration between XBMC Frode PVR functionality and EyeTV would be real cool.
Lets hoop EyeTV will deliver a XBMC plugin in there next release.
Hey ,

i would be interested how you made the whole thing work with the Onkyo remote ?
I have an Xtreamer Ultra , with Openelec on it. Is there a way to make the Onkyo also work with it ?

Would be totally awesome !

Thanks for the help in advance , appreciate it !

Cheers
Is the Xtreamer linux based ? You'll have to see if flirc will run on it. Download it and try but definitely confirm with their support and ask them, they are very efficient. If it can run, then its a no brainer.

Quick search indicates that they do.

yes it is a linux system. as far as i could see , openelec also works with flirc.

so what should i do next ?

Thanks
Basically you just need to purchase the Flirc receiver, install the linux version of their software and calibrate it.

When you calibrate it, you have a couple of different choices. You can preload the XBMC configuration which will give you all the basic XBMC keyboard functions or you can load the full keyboard configuration and add each key mannually. The advantage of the second method is that you can add more XBMC keys as well as add other keys that allow you to use your Xtreamer to eg. switch between XBMC and whatever else.

I would still ask them either through support or their forums whether there is anything else you should be aware of. Because I do not know Xtreamer, it would be best for you to confirm this with the Flirc guys.

When you are close to the last step, go to XBMC --> Settings --> Remote and set it to 'Remote sends keyboard presses'

Sorry to bump a relatively old threat, but I would love a how-to on this. I have XBMC running on a Raspberry Pi and it's talking to my MacBook Pro which runs EyeTV, but I really want an EyeTV interface on XBMC. Your scripts look like they do the trick. Should I just add this to XBMC as an add-on via Zip file and configure from there or is there more to it than that?

EDIT: I should mention that I'm not using an Onkyo remote, so no need for scripts or instruction on that. I have a Harmony remote that I may try to utilize later on, but right now I'm doing everything with a wireless keyboard.
This integration requires you to be running two different apps xbmc and eyetv (or an app that can run eyetv feeds) on the same os. It automates app switching and does it from the remote of your choice using flirc. If you are seeking is running eyetv channels from within XBMC, you require the addon from this forum http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40645. You can still use flirc if you want to be able to use your own remote. Have a look at their support with Raspberry pi.

Cool, thanks for the reply. Are you using a Mac to run them side-by-side? I haven't found another way to run EyeTV (which is fine, just curious). I'm trying to avoid turning my Macbook into our entertainment system since I also have to do real work with the thing. Smile
Unfortunately eyetv support isn't great which limits are options. It would be great if it could be used as a tv backend in xbmc.

I have dedicated a macmini as a htpc/server which allows me atleast the flexibility to automate the two apps. I haven't had the chance to play around with the pi yet. Can you run an app like safari or vlc on the pi to pick up eyetv from the macbook pro or directly from the network, depending upon your eyetv hardware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC plus EyeTV Integration0