Tricking the DVD-ROM drive to read DVD+R?
the problem is i have a modified samsung drive in the xbox. i have some dvd+r that have not been booktyped to something else, so the drive will not read the discs. i was wondering if there was some way to fool the xbox into thinking the dvd had the disc physical code of a dvd-r or dvd-rom?
(dfangel @ sep. 01 2005,10:57 Wrote:the problem is i have a modified samsung drive in the xbox.  i have some dvd+r that have not been booktyped to something else, so the drive will not read the discs.  i was wondering if there was some way to fool the xbox into thinking the dvd had the disc physical code of a dvd-r or dvd-rom?
<!-- only set to yes if replaced xbox dvd-rom drive with a pc dvd-rom drive !-->
<usepcdvdrom>yes</usepcdvdrom>

tried that?
Sad 
@dfangel, i don't think that can be 'hacked' at a software level, think one would need to hack the dvd-rom drives firmware code to achive that (if it's even possible at all)

(truebugreporter @ sep. 01 2005,22:45 Wrote:<!-- only set to yes if replaced xbox dvd-rom drive with a pc dvd-rom drive !-->
 <usepcdvdrom>yes</usepcdvdrom>

tried that?
that has nothing to do with what dfangel is asking about. read => http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=7615 samsung don't support dvd+r bitsetting/booktype
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tricking the DVD-ROM drive to read DVD+R?0