Will PVR series link be available in Frodo?
I'm very exciting to read that PVR support will be included within the upcoming Frodo release. I'm already using XMBC (Eden on a Win7 Revo 3700) and very with with. The idea of retiring my current, not very good, commercial PVR recorder and integrating everything into XBMC is very appealing.

Problem is that it needs to be wife-friendly and one of her requirements is series link recording. I've searched but can only find a related post that is almost 1/2 year old now.

I believe my lack of understanding of the PVR implementation is the main problem here! My questions are:

1. Will series link recording be available in Frodo?

If no:

2. Where would such a feature be implemented? Would the feature need to be implemented in both the XMBC front-end and/or the PVR back-end?
I think the series link feature ultimately sits in the back end - I know that TVHeadend supports something now, and MythTV has features as well if I'm not mistaken. Have a shufti at different backends and see what they lay claim to.
Yes, tried reading up on series recording support in various back-ends (TVHeadend, MythTV, etc.) and I can't see anything conclusive. The whole area looks more complex than I expected!

Anyone using a back-end that provides series recording functionality that they're happy with?
I used mythtv for 6 years and now i'm using xbmc+tvheadend since one month.
I can say that mythtv is almost perfect on manging recordngs, and tvseries too. You can set you best serie and if it will be on-air on some channel it will be recorded.
You can manage your recordings rules with so many different options, and you can search into the epg in many different ways...
I used mythfrontend client, but there is a mythweb tool, which make you manage recordings very vell if not all options will be integrated on XBMC.

Tvheadend is immature, it works, ma not so good. Since when i use tvheadend i record a lot less, usually only single movies or series, but with many duplicates. (mythtv has duplicates too, but less)

If someone is asking why i left mythtv: because xbmc is really better than mythtv for everithing except recordings and because mythtv-livetv is terrific, really unusable, and with this integration with XBMC, now tvhedend is really good.

My family start asking an usable live-tv and now thei get it

Bye
I've been using NextPVR and it has a very good web front-end which you can schedule recordings (and series) via.

The only issue is that you get some duplicates unless you're clever about telling it which days, timeslots and channels to record via, but I think that's because the "Series" information is all based on the information you can pull back into your TV Guide (I'm pulling Sky's EPG directly from the DVB-S stream!)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will PVR series link be available in Frodo?0