Win Why is ALT+F4 faster?
It is absolutely safe to use alt+f4 or click on x button to close xbmc in windows.
(2012-11-30, 19:15)Martijn Wrote: Yes there have been reports of improper shutdown having negative effects Smile

I guess the smiley at the end of your post is just a good sense of humor, because again, you answer with no information at all.
Links? What effects?
No humor involved. I'm not going to fetch the links because I have better things to do. Broken settings/database. Very rare but possible.

And if you think my answer is a void that is definitely your problem.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
There's quite a bit of misinformation here.

There SHOULD be no difference at all between the two methods in terms of how "safe" they are. Yes, the code routes are very slightly different, but essentially they should be ending up in the exact same place.

If they're not, then it's an issue that needs to be addressed.

The first step is ensuring that a win32 developer can reproduce the problem on current master. IIRC there was a change associated with python scripts not shutting down nicely not that long ago - not sure if it made beta1 or not, so first thing would be checking the latest nightly. Grab debug logs with each method and we'll see what's going on.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why is ALT+F4 faster?0