(Helix) Xperience1080 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x
(2014-12-16, 23:17)Hustler1337 Wrote: +1 Cannot see this in the official repo. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to make this skin, it's by far the best skin for Kodi that exists. One thing that has me confused is trying to understand the difference between the 1080XF skin and the Xperience1080 skin. What is the difference between them?

Thanks Wink

Ha, I thought I was the only one. I didn't have the guts to ask.
The 1080XF skin is the one I started with, it was a modification I made for early Gotham builds. Since then I took over Xperience1080 and have merged the code. I've added a few features from 1080XF to Xperience1080 so they're identical (99.8%) now (in code). The main difference is that 1080XF is totally flat (think Microsoft Metro'ish). I'm most likely going to merge the two and either rename the skin or not.

As it stands 1080XF contains faster animations and textures for both versions. It's confusing, I know.

As for the repo... that's not up to me - I've been told it was added so I'm guessing it will be, but I'm also not yet seeing it. The current version is 2.4.28, which is around 11 commits ahead of the old version.

And, jmedemar, please do ask any question on here. I won't bite Smile
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-12-17, 01:11)Piers Wrote: The 1080XF skin is the one I started with, it was a modification I made for early Gotham builds. Since then I took over Xperience1080 and have merged the code. I've added a few features from 1080XF to Xperience1080 so they're identical (99.8%) now (in code). The main difference is that 1080XF is totally flat (think Microsoft Metro'ish). I'm most likely going to merge the two and either rename the skin or not.

As it stands 1080XF contains faster animations and textures for both versions. It's confusing, I know.

As for the repo... that's not up to me - I've been told it was added so I'm guessing it will be, but I'm also not yet seeing it. The current version is 2.4.28, which is around 11 commits ahead of the old version.

Thanks for the reply. Yeh, I think it would be best to merge the two and give users the option to choose which texture to have applied on the skin as it's kinda confusing. Also, as a suggestion, it would be great if something could be added in the skin to show which version of the skin the user is running. Smile

Anyways, could someone post a download link for the skin seeing as it's not yet available in the official repo?

Thanks! Wink
(2014-12-17, 19:44)Hustler1337 Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 01:11)Piers Wrote: The 1080XF skin is the one I started with, it was a modification I made for early Gotham builds. Since then I took over Xperience1080 and have merged the code. I've added a few features from 1080XF to Xperience1080 so they're identical (99.8%) now (in code). The main difference is that 1080XF is totally flat (think Microsoft Metro'ish). I'm most likely going to merge the two and either rename the skin or not.

Thanks for the reply. Yeh, I think it would be best to merge the two and give users the option to choose which texture to have applied on the skin as it's kinda confusing. Also, as a suggestion, it would be great if something could be added in the skin to show which version of the skin the user is running. Smile

Anyways, could someone post a download link for the skin seeing as it's not yet available in the official repo?

Thanks! Wink

Version 3.4.34 is now complete, it will be in the repo under the name 1080XF - this will contain the 1080XF textures as a default and the Xperience1080 ones as optional. I've merged all xml changes so now it's just different textures between the two.

Submitted to the repo about five minutes ago, not sure when it will show.

1080XF has been accepted as the replacement for Xperience1080 and this thread is now closed. The sub-forum will be renamed once Helix is released.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Helix) Xperience1080 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x4