• 128(current)
v13 Xperience1080 2.x
(2014-09-11, 20:09)larysius Wrote: Love this skin, but sadly it hangs and freezes a lot even on my high end machines. Keep up the good work though, beautiful work!

Well that's strange, no freeze here on my end since i'm using this skin.
Maybe xbmc crash log could help.
I'll dig one up when I get home. I've never uploaded one before though, so is there a particular way I should do it?
I have to say, this skin is the absolute best and most sensible-looking XBMC skin I've seen so far! It's almost exactly what I've been looking for!

If you don't mind a few questions:

-when using your skin, is there some indication of SD vs HD content? perhaps a small 'sd'/'hd' overlay in a corner of the DVD cover?
-I'm assuming XBMC plays MKVs along with embedded and external subtitles along with multiple audio tracks. In your skin, during playback of a file, is there a simple menu that I can click to change audio and subtitle language? Such as in the menu bar, it displays "EN /\" and I click on the up arrow, and it gives a list of the available audio tracks or subtitle tracks, listed by ISO language code?
-Can I search subtitle text for specific lines and then go to that scene (say, back up 5-15 seconds before something comes up in the subtitle to catch the context)?
-Can I view stats such as # episodes/seasons completed/watched out of a series, so that if I've watched the first season of ST: TNG, it'll say "26/178 episodes watched, 14.6% finished" or something like that?
-Can I create music playlists or import Zune/Windows Media Player playlists?
-When playlist a playlist, is there any kind of visualization? Zune had a great rotating album cover visualization with subtle color changes and floating text, and in the now playing screen, slowly moving artist artwork with zooming onto the screen text with subtle color shifts. It was incredibly beautiful to watch. If your now playing screen were even an exact clone of that, I'd donate at least 50 euro.
-When viewing TV series, or movies, do you have sub-pivots to sort those by title, genre, rating, year, airdate (for TV), and cast+crew?
-Can I create video playlists so that I can watch Star Trek: Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager in in-context order, or Buffy and Angel in the right order, and have it remember where I left off in the playlist to resume later?
-In viewing movies, can I view them 3 or 4 covers high in 'pages' of maybe 15-20 or so? Or perhaps a page of 'ABC' (movies that start with A, B, or C) that can scroll vertically, and then I scroll to the right to get DEF, GHI, etc. when viewing by title.
-In viewing TV shows, after selecting a series, can I then see the seasons within that series as DVD covers? Zune did this pretty well in showing the episode list, while keeping DVD covers on-screen. Perhaps showing on the right half episode #, name, duration, and thumbnail (maybe 150px or so), and to the left, season artwork, with next season underneath, indicating that I can press down to get the next season.
-When viewing a season, is there a 'play all' and 'resume' option so that I can play the entire season straight through, or resume where I last paused or ended an episode?
-Can I post an episode or series to Facebook, like people do with Spotify or whatever, showing the season/series DVD cover, series/episode name, and summary, with a little FB update? That'd be a great way to share what I'm watching with friends.
-When using your skin, can I somehow share my collection with others to see what shows my friends have, or let them see mine? Then mark which shows I like or would like to watch so we know what to bring over to that friend's house later.
-Using your skin, can I view my library statistics, perhaps in the same pivots as the shows/movies themselves? Such as seeing for each series, how much I've watched (26/178 episodes, or 14.6% watched) or little pie charts of watched? Or how many series are in each genre, or when each show originally started/ran on a timeline. That would be really cool to see.

I know it's a lot of questions, but I'm to the point myself that I am looking at building out my own entire application for Windows 8 and if your skin+XBMC can do what I was looking to do, then that's one less thing I've got to do!
hello black, I have one request for the next xperience skin, could you add the "game widget" that eddage did with his skin "personna", it will suit very well on xperience I think
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=199851
thanks for your work
cheers
Sad 
(2014-09-12, 01:42)larysius Wrote: I'll dig one up when I get home. I've never uploaded one before though, so is there a particular way I should do it?

Send the log mate...I'm also having lots of locking up and freezing . I'm using Android ...Configured it the way I want but had to disable....
Can I put a request in? Instead of having the runtime as "145 Minutes" - Would it be possible to have it as "2 Hours and 25 Minutes"? Would this be possible? It would be really helpful.
Hello there,

I love your skin except for the fact that it keeps crashing my machine after some running time. For now i have noticed a full crash (machine is still running but i cannot do anything, i cannot even SSH into the machine) thus have to perform a manual reset of the machine. After this it works again. It has not crashed during active use and short waits between usage. For now it only seems to crash after not being used for a couple of hours, this happens consistantly however by crashing every night (my machine is on 24/7).

The logfile (from openelec and XBMC) can be found in this zip: http://www.filedropper.com/log-2014-09-23-200101

For your information i use Openelec 4.0.7 with XBMC 13.1

Other skins do not crash.

Thanks in advance!
Hello,

Is the often asked option to display info/now playing in pause osd now implemented and i am to stupid to find it, or isnt it in the skin till now?

I would loooooooove to see that, this and the watched/unwatched difference to other skins are the only things i would love to change and really need Smile
Any simple method for getting custom playlist widgets working properly on home screen in Gotham?
(2014-09-23, 13:58)vinz811 Wrote: Can I put a request in? Instead of having the runtime as "145 Minutes" - Would it be possible to have it as "2 Hours and 25 Minutes"? Would this be possible? It would be really helpful.

The option to switch between the two would be even better. I like seeing both, really.
(2014-09-30, 02:49)wex101 Wrote: Any simple method for getting custom playlist widgets working properly on home screen in Gotham?

Any help with this? Is anyone else experiencing this issue on Gotham? The spotlight widgets work but the moment I select a playlist for the widget to show, all I get is a blank widget.

To note: I have completely uninstalled and deleted the XBMC folders to see if that would resolve the issue (clean install of widget addons, etc...) but that did not resolve it.
grr I've spent hours trying to figure this one out. Sad day when you can't use your favorite skin Sad
(2014-10-05, 18:22)wex101 Wrote:
(2014-09-30, 02:49)wex101 Wrote: Any simple method for getting custom playlist widgets working properly on home screen in Gotham?

Any help with this? Is anyone else experiencing this issue on Gotham? The spotlight widgets work but the moment I select a playlist for the widget to show, all I get is a blank widget.

To note: I have completely uninstalled and deleted the XBMC folders to see if that would resolve the issue (clean install of widget addons, etc...) but that did not resolve it.

Having the same problem! No idea on how to solve it though Sad
Hi,

I just installed your skin. It is brilliant.... Thanks.

The only thing I could not find is hot to "access" the play button in the main screen. I try to play a radio station and it was started to play and the only way to stop it (I assume) is to press the play button on the top right of the screen. I Could not go there.

The I try to play a video and press the esc button to move o the front screen. How can I go back to the video. In the default skin ther is an option go to now playing and there you were. In this skin what should I do?

thank you in advance for your help. Keep up the good work.
Hi, nice skin but there are problems for Raspberry Pi owners. These errors show up in the log when trying to play 1080p content.

WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
ERROR: COMXCoreComponent:Big GrinecoderEventHandler OMX.broadcom.video_decode - OMX_ErrorInsufficientResources, insufficient resources
ERROR: OMXPlayerVideo : Error open video output
ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::FreeInputBuffers WaitForCommand:OMX_CommandPortDisable failed on OMX.broadcom.video_decode omx_err(0x80001000
WARNING: OpenVideoStream - Unsupported stream 0. Stream disabled.

The Arctic ii skin that was also based on this skin has the exact same errors for RPi owners.

However I have found a solution:

For all Raspberry Pi owners trying to get this skin running and play 1080p content properly you need to increase the default amount of GPU memory.

Code:
ssh [email protected]
mount /flash -o remount,rw
cd /flash
nano config.txt
reboot
change

gpu_mem=160

possibly more mem. is needed if further problems persist.

I'm not sure if this a bug or not - its likely related to amount of textures in this skin and dynamic CPU/GPU allocation of Ram on the RPi.

Pretty unique as no other skins cause such issues on a RPi with default GPU_mem=128 settings.

Blush

• 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xperience1080 2.x22