• 7(current)
Integrated Video Game Emulators
Frodo, alpha 4 or 5ish (branched from e86af54 / Sep 09, 2012). Shouldn't be too hard to rebase on Frodo because xbmc was in a feature freeze most of that time.

In the spirit of open source, beta testing is more of a right than a privilege. And you're not the only one with that dream Smile
RetroPlayer releases: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases

Donations: eigendude.eth
Ever since it made the move to Windows/Linux have people had that same dream. It's the reason why RCB and Advanced Launcher were created.

I seriously can't wait for the day that I can play my old NES/SNES games with custom fan art backgrounds ala SNES Gameboy Adapter
Very cool stuff, garbear!

I cloned your branch and rebased on RC3. There were only a few minor changes needed, but everything built successfully and I was able to test some NES games on my x86 linux machine. Unfortunately, there was around a one second audio delay, which I believe others have mentioned, but other than that everything worked well!

I also built an image to test on my Raspberry Pi. While I was able to get the NES games to run, there was no sound, and the games were only running at around 70% of their proper speed. Running the same games outside of XBMC on the Rpi yields full speed using RetroArch, so there may be room for optimizations. My programming skills are poor at best, so I wouldn't know how to begin evaluating if the performance can be improved.

Thanks for tackling this! I hope to see this integrated after XBMC is out of feature freeze!
Should this be moved into the development forum?
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
(2013-01-07, 22:27)ghostelement Wrote: Should this be moved into the development forum?
Not necessarily. Right now it's pretty much fine where it's at.

Anyone have any updates on things? Everything has gone quiet for some time now.
I just love this Smile

XBOX went from console to media station, XBMC went from media station to media station + console Big Grin
This will be a most AWESOME Addition to XBMC!
Hanging out for this, but am of no use what so ever other wise Smile
My HTPC A8-5400k APU, Asrock FM2A75-PRO4-M, 4GB Kingston HyperX, Samsung 830 64GB SSD, 4TB HDD Storage, Hauppage HVR-2200 Tuner, Silverstone LC-16M Case.
Maybe once Frodo is completed, we can establish a roadmap for this project with milestones similar to the first post on this thread? What do you think Nate?
(2013-01-17, 11:58)jompan87 Wrote: XBOX went from console to media station, XBMC went from media station to media station + console Big Grin

Call it inevitable, but basically this needed to happen Smile

For milestones, game library first, then continue working on the emulator frontend. My WIP-picture-library pieces will be good building blocks for that.

Is there any ETA on any parts of this at all?
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
When it's done Smile

Do you want to delegate some stuff, or are you planning to tackle this project entirely on your own?
Top of my wishlist is a game database. If someone could help PR1562 A) suck less and B) get merged, then I can hammer out the game library and VFS. Next up is integrating topfs2's Heimdall engine into XBMC so we can use it to scrape games into XBMC. After that, RetroPlayer will be fundamentally complete.

Tangent to that is fixing the audio delay, which is mostly AE territory. Also, adding in the badass features like rewind, shaders and netplay. Someone can take a stab at these in the meantime if they want. Once I finish the game library I'll redirect my attention to these tasks.

Moving to Development sub-forum.
So should there be emulators only supplied by us, or should we let others add their own emulators to use with the front-end?

(2013-01-20, 18:53)Ned Scott Wrote: Moving to Development sub-forum.
Thanks, dude.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Integrated Video Game Emulators22