• 25(current)
Integrated Video Game Emulators
990 euros for a MacMini and iPad mini. I would be totally willing to set up a kickstarter for this for you (just as myself, not with any official relation/connection to XBMC). Just say the word.
(2013-03-05, 22:42)Ned Scott Wrote: 990 euros for a MacMini and iPad mini. I would be totally willing to set up a kickstarter for this for you (just as myself, not with any official relation/connection to XBMC). Just say the word.

That is very generous of you but far too much money for me to be comfortable with taking in. I've sent you some PMs. Hopefully I'll be able to get busy with development soon.

The Mac Mini is probably not necessary since I still hope that the Lenovo G580 laptop can be easily turned into a Hackintosh.
squarepusher Wrote:...trying to start something out of nothing...
Well it was my idea to try to help you get the stupid thing in the first place: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1257326
None of us want to argue with you, so have fun looking that gift horse in the mouth. If you feel you were somehow slighted by us considering giving you something, then I can only apologize and hope you'll accept that and move on.

Getting back to the topic at hand, if any of the devs involved in this need gear, It's much easier to get ahold of with a group donation. I personally don't have much cash, but it's not terribly difficult to afford something like that with a bunch of people chipping in $5 at a time. If any of you decide to put something like that together, post a link and I'll donate and promote the hell out of it.

This to me is on of the most awesome additions to xbmc since Python and I'm glad to see it gaining ground =)
Group donation could make this WAY EASIER. I would still be happy to put in $150 for the sake of this project. This is closer to the range of our initial cost assumption. We would still like to help you out, within reason, despite everything that has been said about us/me.

Not trying to stir up arguments. Still want to be able to help... If it will be excepted in the spirit it is extended.
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
No more on this subtopic. It's being handled now off site, as Team XBMC is not officially involved.
Is there link for those who still wish to donate?
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
Not yet
OSX and iOS support for RetroPlayer would be a god-send. I entirely encourage hardware donations to Squarepusher and Maister, even to further RetroArch & cores.

I'm ripping out XBMC's joystick support and replacing it with a new abstraction (PR2370 - currently DirectInput, M$ XInput, SDL, Linux Joystick API, and X11 Xi2 clients are partually/fully implemented, and multiple APIs can be loaded at runtime on a per-joystick basis). Honestly, for now I'm perfectly happy with my 3rd-party controller I jacked from my fraternity last week Smile

Eventually the controller monster in me will be hungry. If it comes to the point where donations are discussed, like Ned said, it will be off-site. Please keep this thread on-topic: the development and testing of XBMC's RetroPlayer core and the occasional gibe of how much I rock and/or how adorable my username is Wink
Abrasher, Bstrdsmkr, HUB affiliates and anyone looking to bring this branch to the masses,

It is OK to distribute compiled versions of this branch, even as I churn through experimental code on a typewriter eating bananas. Indeed, it expands our test base, and after all, it's testers that encourage many of my design decisions.

Please distribute a zip or some other kind of package with a file called NOTICE.txt in the root directory:

Code:
This is a 3rd-party build of XBMC built on <fill-in-date-here>. Support is
offered at <http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146711&pid=1336026#pid1336026>
BUT ONLY IF:

* YOU READ BACKWARD PAST THE BUILD DATE looking for updates on your issue.
* YOU POST A DEBUG LOG via <http://xbmclogs.com>
* YOU POST A DEBUG LOG via <http://xbmclogs.com>
* If a rom isn't working, experiment with Settings -> Games -> Debug. You should
  then try that rom in RetroArch using the same emulator core. If it works in
  RetroArch BUT NOT xbmc, then you may post about it.
* You agree that in testing this, you are part of the development effort making XBMC
  even more badass than it already is :)

Please see <http://xbmc.org/about/xbmc-software/> for Team-XBMC's stance on official
software.

Feel free to append to it as you like. Thanks!

edit 2013-03-12: removed line that read * Audio is delayed. Deal with it -- fixed that bug already thanks to fritsch Smile
I promised to do another build earlier but got bogged down with work!

If no one gets to it first I'll fire up another Windows build as soon as I can
Boudre0aux, here's a teaser

(2013-03-06, 05:30)garbear Wrote: Boudre0aux, here's a teaser

Finally back! I've missed it!
(2013-03-06, 05:30)garbear Wrote: Boudre0aux, here's a teaser

Keep up the good work!
Exciting! Keep it up and thanks for all the hard work ...
As I don't really want to do money-related stuff for unofficial Team XBMC stuff on the forums, anyone interested in the iOS hardware donation stuff, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected], and I will make sure you know what's going on.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Integrated Video Game Emulators22