• 26(current)
Integrated Video Game Emulators
Ned you've got email from me!

Garbear that looks great! I'll have to update and compile in a moment if the changes are out there. Keep us posted on your hardware needs too. I'm on Linux and would love an easy solution for controllers, will the Windows code be portable?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
(2013-03-06, 13:00)Ned Scott Wrote: As I don't really want to do money-related stuff for unofficial Team XBMC stuff on the forums, anyone interested in the iOS hardware donation stuff, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected], and I will make sure you know what's going on.

Thanks Ned,

You've got mail Wink
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
Anyone else unable to compile? Just checking - tried everything and figure I can't be the only one.

Code:
xbmc/view/view.a(GUIViewState.o): In function `CGUIViewState::GetViewState(int, CFileItemList const&)':
/home/blkmgk/xbmc/xbmc/view/GUIViewState.cpp:147: undefined reference to `CGUIViewStateWindowGames::CGUIViewStateWindowGames(CFileItemList const&)'
xbmc/xbmc.a(Application.o): In function `CApplication::Initialize()':
/home/blkmgk/xbmc/xbmc/Application.cpp:1342: undefined reference to `CGUIWindowGames::CGUIWindowGames()'
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
(2013-03-07, 00:02)BLKMGK Wrote: Anyone else unable to compile? Just checking - tried everything and figure I can't be the only one.

Code:
xbmc/view/view.a(GUIViewState.o): In function `CGUIViewState::GetViewState(int, CFileItemList const&)':
/home/blkmgk/xbmc/xbmc/view/GUIViewState.cpp:147: undefined reference to `CGUIViewStateWindowGames::CGUIViewStateWindowGames(CFileItemList const&)'
/home/blkmgk/xbmc/xbmc/Application.cpp:1342: undefined reference to `CGUIWindowGames::CGUIWindowGames()'

I'm able to compile fine and I running current pull as of now. Try a 'make clean' and then './configure' and 'make' again

Whenever I have trouble compiling XBMC I usually run the following and it fixes it 9 out of 10 times at least:

Code:
make distclean; make clean; ./configure; make
Weird, I did that already and switched to a single thread compile too. I'll keep trying, if someone else can compile I should too - thanks for the response!
OK I'm a liar. After trying a make clean and then compiling I now get the same error as you so it's not just yourself

Code:
/home/xbmcuser/xbmc-emulators/xbmc/Application.cpp:1342: undefined reference to `CGUIWindowGames::CGUIWindowGames()'
/home/xbmcuser/xbmc-emulators/xbmc/view/GUIViewState.cpp:147: undefined reference to `CGUIViewStateWindowGames::CGUIViewStateWindowGames(CFileItemList const&)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1
Sorry for the bug, too tired to wait for linux to compile last night, it's fixed now
(2013-03-07, 03:19)garbear Wrote: Sorry for the bug, too tired to wait for linux to compile last night, it's fixed now

Compiling now, will update if there's an issue! Thanks! Smile

P.S. An SSD makes a huge diff in compile times, if you've not got one even a small one is awesome.
(2013-03-07, 03:20)BLKMGK Wrote: P.S. An SSD makes a huge diff in compile times, if you've not got one even a small one is awesome.

I can vouch for that from when I last compiled the headless xbmc for my shared database. That compiled far faster than I expected. Standard SATA HDD on a 1.6GHz dual core, ~1 hour. SSD on the same system, ~20 minutes I think.
I got an SSD and i7, it'll compile from scratch in 5 mins it's more a battle between make and a 20 hour day Wink
This news might excite some: We now have analog stick support in retroplayer AND the gui. It took so long as I had to get my new joystick abstraction finished first - I threw out all the old input processing code, so this was a good move on my part.

In the keymap.xml's <global> section, change it to
Code:
<axis id="1" limit="-1">Left</axis>
<axis id="1" limit="+1">Right</axis>
<axis id="2" limit="-1">Up</axis>
<axis id="2" limit="+1">Down</axis>

This has the effect that pushing the analog stick >= 50% right will send a single Right action. After an initial delay (500ms) it will then send more Right actions at a 100ms period until the right stick is moved < 50%. This behavior mirrors keyboard keys.

For RetroPlayer, I added the following to <FullscreenGame>:
Code:
<axis id="1" limit="-1">JoypadLeft</axis>
<axis id="1" limit="+1">JoypadRight</axis>
<axis id="2" limit="-1">JoypadUp</axis>
<axis id="2" limit="+1">JoypadDown</axis>
<axis id="3" limit="+1">AnalogRewind</axis>
<axis id="3" limit="-1">AnalogFastForward</axis>

If your gamepad driver treats hat presses as analog axes, this will fix all your problems and generally make you more successful in life.

Unfortunately, there's a regression where scrolling in menus goes three items at a time Huh I'm looking into this
(2013-03-08, 00:22)garbear Wrote: This news might excite some: We now have analog stick support in retroplayer AND the gui. It took so long as I had to get my new joystick abstraction finished first - I threw out all the old input processing code, so this was a good move on my part.

In the keymap.xml's <global> section, change it to
Code:
<axis id="1" limit="-1">Left</axis>
<axis id="1" limit="+1">Right</axis>
<axis id="2" limit="-1">Up</axis>
<axis id="2" limit="+1">Down</axis>

This has the effect that pushing the analog stick >= 50% right will send a single Right action. After an initial delay (500ms) it will then send more Right actions at a 100ms period until the right stick is moved < 50%. This behavior mirrors keyboard keys.

For RetroPlayer, I added the following to <FullscreenGame>:
Code:
<axis id="1" limit="-1">JoypadLeft</axis>
<axis id="1" limit="+1">JoypadRight</axis>
<axis id="2" limit="-1">JoypadUp</axis>
<axis id="2" limit="+1">JoypadDown</axis>
<axis id="3" limit="+1">AnalogRewind</axis>
<axis id="3" limit="-1">AnalogFastForward</axis>

If your gamepad driver treats hat presses as analog axes, this will fix all your problems and generally make you more successful in life.

Unfortunately, there's a regression where scrolling in menus goes three items at a time Huh I'm looking into this

Any affect on the lack of Linux input?
Linux should work. I dropped SDL. I need testers. But hold off, something f*cked up my github branch
I don't have a ton of experience config'ing inputs, but most of the ones I've used have individual settings for deadzone (distance the reading must be from 0 to react), repeat delay (minimum time before another key is sent), and reaction clamping (minimum change in movement required before sending a change in distance). I figured I'd mention those while you were in the area =)
Compiled fine here Garbear! Not sure what hardware you want us to test with though. I'm still scratching my head over what controller to use. I have 360, PS3, and I could slap a Wii in the mix but would prefer one of the others. I'm just not sure how best to set them up in order to test. Sad
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Integrated Video Game Emulators22