[FAQ] Frequently asked questions about Nox 4
Upgrading to a newer version of a skin or XBMC shouldn't affect watched/unwatched flags in your library. Editing the source and rescraping will lose those flags.

Upgrading to Frodo and Nox 4 may affect some customised settings with home menus, widgets, artwork, playlists etc as there have been changes to Frodo and addons.
And, just as a warning, you need to set an advancedsettings.xml setting to import watched status. (This doesn't seem to come up frequently and it's easy to think it's just impossible to import.)
Im at that point, how do you do that? it would save me alot of time and trouble if i could import that. Thanks
(2013-01-17, 15:16)ssglemieux Wrote: Im at that point, how do you do that? it would save me alot of time and trouble if i could import that. Thanks
You need to export your existing database, this will include the status of the watched flag (check in the XML/NFO files).
You need to have the advanced settings as described here.
You need to import your database, e.g. after a new installation.
Kodi 17.x running on Nvidia Shield, 1x KODIbuntu
mySQL hosted on WHS 2011
done
I've installed today the Official Frodo Release though the ubuntu ppa (ppa:team-xbmc/ppa).
I removed the nox previous folder from 3.x (skin.aeon.nox). I downloaded latest nox from git (git clone git://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox.git) zip that into a folder and attempt to install it from xbmc -> addons -> install from zip.
And I'm getting the "dependencies not met" message.
I even manually installed some of the scripts.* and still not working, am I doing anything wrong? is there any way to tell what dependency or dependencies are not met?

Thanks
(2013-01-29, 20:54)pardu Wrote: I've installed today the Official Frodo Release though the ubuntu ppa (ppa:team-xbmc/ppa).
I removed the nox previous folder from 3.x (skin.aeon.nox). I downloaded latest nox from git (git clone git://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox.git) zip that into a folder and attempt to install it from xbmc -> addons -> install from zip.
And I'm getting the "dependencies not met" message.
I even manually installed some of the scripts.* and still not working, am I doing anything wrong? is there any way to tell what dependency or dependencies are not met?

Thanks

install it from the official xbmc repo.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I would, but Official Repo only shows version 3.6.2.
then you´re using Eden, not frodo.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Seems like the upgrade may have broken some addons... finally I had to remove the addons folder with my userdata after the upgrade in order for it to recognize it as Frodo properly and not have any inconsistencies with the addons. Thanks.
I made a very short and yet(hopefully) useful video for smart playlists and widgets. It also shows custom main menu items with that playlist. Add to the 1st post if you think it'll be helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTydKLV1Pic
Very helpfull video !!!

Which software did you use to make this video ??
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2013-02-02, 23:49)Vaikin Wrote: I made a very short and yet(hopefully) useful video for smart playlists and widgets. It also shows custom main menu items with that playlist. Add to the 1st post if you think it'll be helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTydKLV1Pic

I was having troubles even starting to figure out how to create a playlist so thank you for the short video, it was most helpful. Although I have one small problem.... I follow the video but at the end my playlist is always empty?

I have documentaries which I am trying to split from my main TV folder so I create a separate folder and copied a few test documentaries there. The folder structure is the standard XBMC requires as it is pre-scanned for library mode - all I have done is move the folders into a separate 'Documentary' folder. I then followed the video above but selected TV related items instead of Movies but once completed my playlist is empty?

Any ideas on why it would be empty at the end of this?

I will gladly start a new thread (complete with some screenshots) if need be as I don't want to hijack this FAQ thread but any feedback/ideas would be appreciated
@mike
Fraps, and I used x264 codecs in VirtualDub to compress the video.

@blonde
Did you add the documentary folder as a source? For widgets to work the videos need to be scraped in.

Make another thread if you're still having troubles.
(2013-02-03, 20:45)Vaikin Wrote: @mike
Fraps, and I used x264 codecs in VirtualDub to compress the video.

@blonde
Did you add the documentary folder as a source? For widgets to work the videos need to be scraped in.

Make another thread if you're still having troubles.

Thank you Vaikin, that was the crucial part I was missing. I assumed as I had already scraped this as part of the 'TV Shows' collection and had all the relevant data (posters, nfo's etc) that it would just re-add this when I created the playlist.

The only problem I have now is that the 'documentaries' still show under 'TV Shows' so I removed the source and re-scraped thinking this would clear them out but it didn't. Therefore I am doing a clean install with some test directories to make sure I get separate 'TV Shows' and 'Documentary Shows' as I want

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FAQ] Frequently asked questions about Nox 44