[FAQ] Frequently asked questions about Nox 4
Yes, press 'i' then "enter".
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Ok, found it! Thank you! But I prefer the way Arctic shows info, via pressing UP.
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
(2013-03-10, 16:55)Nate Wrote: Hi there,

I have tried as much as i can think of with getting this skin to work. I havent had much luck in general with any skin. I have been playing around with XBMC for a little while and cant get past the " dependencies not met" & " incorrect structure".

"Q. I’ve installed Nox and I get a “dependencies not met” error message?
You are running an older version of XBMC, update to latest nightly build or release candidate build."

I have tried the nightly build, downloaded the latest version of Frodo. I cant seem to get it to run.

I install through ZIP and each time it comes up with " Dependencies not met".

I have a repo for Aeon. All files say " Damaged "...

If anyone can help would be great, i am unsure what to do next. I have searched and came to no avail.

Thanks

Nate

same question as above, i using xbmc Frodo nightly build, keep having " Dependencies not met" when install Aeon Nox. even when i try to edit the addon.xml from the Aeon github master branch.

any suggestion ?
Frodo nightly build ? It's Gotham nightly build, no ?

Aeon Nox (4.0.9 or 4.1.9) is designed for Frodo.

If you want to use Gotham, you will have to wait until Big Noid release the new Aeon Nox.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
it works fine for me on alpha 9 - http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32/
I'm having the same problem that a few above were.

I just built a HTPC and loaded Ubuntu 12.04 onto it. Then I downloaded XBMC from the Ubuntu download store thing and straight away went for Aeon Nox.

Everything seemed to be working fine, but I noticed that was only Eden so I used the terminal to update to Frodo. Aeon was still working fine, but it wouldn't let me update to the newer (4) release. I uninstalled it, and now i'm stuck.

If I try to download it again, it tells me that dependencies are not met. If I try to install from zip, it tells me it's not structured properly. It's still only listing 3.6.3 as the latest version, but i'm certain I have Frodo (12.2).

I saw someone say that they had to delete their addon folder for it recognize itself as Frodo for some reason. I tried that, and no luck.

I really hope someone can help me here as I really don't know what else to do besides just reinstall Ubuntu, and i'd like to avoid that. I have almost zero knowledge of Linux so i'm really feeling lost.

Edit: Well this is strange. I just left it for a few hours, came back and now apparently 4.0.9 is available to me. Seems to be working fine. I have no idea what the problem was or what fixed it.
I am running Nox and loving it... if I update to Gotham will it break NOX?

Cheers
(2014-03-20, 20:05)dapex Wrote: I am running Nox and loving it... if I update to Gotham will it break NOX?

Cheers

Won't actually break it but you need to update to 4.1.9 Gotham or 5.0 for complete compatibility.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-03-20, 20:51)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 20:05)dapex Wrote: I am running Nox and loving it... if I update to Gotham will it break NOX?

Cheers

Won't actually break it but you need to update to 4.1.9 Gotham or 5.0 for complete compatibility.

What would that be specifically?

Simply update XBMC for 13.0 RC1, update Addons and that's it or involve something else? What about settings and such?

I couldn't found much info on the web about it
(2014-05-05, 16:29)SchattenMann Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 20:51)wgstarks Wrote:

Cheers

What would that be specifically?

Simply update XBMC for 13.0 RC1, update Addons and that's it or involve something else? What about settings and such?

I couldn't found much info on the web about it

The "Advanced" and "Expert" settings will not be available with Nox4. Maybe others as well, not sure how many there are. It will probably play your media with no problem but I would recommend upgrading to Nox5 or 4.1.9 Gotham.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Relative noob on XBMC.
Just installed Aeon Nox skin and really liking it.
I have set this skin up as a general use profile. Master user is using the stock Gotham Confluence skin.
Just one question: How do I get to system settings in Nox? Specifically stuff like audio & video setup. I also can't see any way to change the screensaver settings.
This also applies if I want to change the skin as well, so how do I get to change skin in settings from within Aeon Nox back to say Confluence?
What am I missing?
Thanks
slip
(2014-06-11, 10:38)slip.cougan Wrote: Relative noob on XBMC.
Just installed Aeon Nox skin and really liking it.
I have set this skin up as a general use profile. Master user is using the stock Gotham Confluence skin.
Just one question: How do I get to system settings in Nox? Specifically stuff like audio & video setup. I also can't see any way to change the screensaver settings.
This also applies if I want to change the skin as well, so how do I get to change skin in settings from within Aeon Nox back to say Confluence?
What am I missing?
Thanks
slip
System>Appearance>Skin>Settings

Just to be sure, you are using AN 4.1.9 Gotham right. It's the only version of Nox 4 that is Gotham compatible as far as I know.
Hi wgstarks,
I have to admit to feeling a bit foolish here.
I've been making the mistake of arrow down onto the sub-menu and looking through skin-settings.
All I needed to do was hit enter on System - douh
Thanks for the reply.
Regards
slip
Hi!

I can't find this skin in "XBMC.org Add-ons", the list of skins starts with "Ace", "Aeon MQ 5" and "Amber", but this "Aeon Nox" does not appear...

Any ideas??

Thks,
Hello, great skin! However it seems that the "standard" system parameters aren't accessible anymore, there's only one entry for skin parameters, more over which does not allow to deactivate or change skin. How to I change skin once AEON NOX has been activated and selected as Kodi's skin (how can I reverts back? It's not straightforward, not at all, not enough, please change this if there's no way to do it)?

EDIT : Ok I got it, the answer is a couple of posts above... sry

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FAQ] Frequently asked questions about Nox 44