Question about motherboard sizes
Hello group,
I am in the process of collecting parts for my new HTPC....

I already have an old SFF barebone (Aopen Xcube EZ 65) and I plan to remove everything from inside and replace them with new parts...

I am looking at Asrock FM2 board and AMD A6 5400.

The problem is that I cannot verify the size of the motherborad and see if it fits my purpose....

The dimensions of the case are 200(W)x190(H)x320(D) mm

I found a generic wikipedia article that states the following:
microATX 171mm × 171mm
Mini-ITX 170mm × 170mm

Is that true? If yes then I can proceed and check other compatibility issues regarding the back panel or the psu...

As you understand if this goes on...then I will have a modding htpc project in front of me.

Thank you for your time
It looks like a longer Mini-ITX motherboard. The Micro-ATX will be too wide.
No matter where I searched or asked nobody could en light about what type of mobo is this...

That is why, I will take everything out and leave only the case and start from the begging...
This looks like some kind of proprietary size to me though the back looks mini-ITX, mini-ITX has 1 slot and micro-ATX has 4 slots but this has 2 slots (almost mini-DTX but too long to be that even).

Maybe with some modding there is a chance....

I will start disassembling the box and measure it....

If a mini-ITX can fit in there without any issues (especially if the backpanel is ok) then there is something to work on....
Well the key factors to compatibility would be the width available, the case mounts being standard locations, and the rear port faceplate complying as well. Given it's 2 slots, I believe width won't be an issue. The case mounts look to be standard and the faceplate definitely is fine.

The only other factors would be making sure any CPU cooler and RAM don't cause issues with the PSU and DVD drive.
Thanks Malosar,
Do you have any details about the locations of the standard mounts?

Given the fact that this will be a modding project, the original PSU might be taken off and replaced with something smaller, even with a PicoPSU.
As for the rest, I will see how it goes.

In the existing situation, it fits everything (a bit tight though) + a AGP VGA.....
So this makes me think that I can possibly utilize an extra vga possibly the GT430 but again it is to early and I am only assuming.
I have the same pc case and was wondering the same thing...how are you getting along?

The biggest obstacle seems to be that the back plate section is smaller on this case..it's smaller than standard size which is why the EZ65 motherboard could afford two expansion slots as opposed to the mini-itx's 1. :'(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about motherboard sizes0