Req File Syncing
Now XBMC supports portable Devices (iOS, Android (and Raspberry Pi)), wouldn´t it be nice if we have an option to sync our media files with these devices like iTunes it does?
First off, this isn't really possible.

Secondly, why?

You can use XBMC on each of these devices and use a MySQL library to sync them together...
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2012-11-30, 22:11)lrusak Wrote: First off, this isn't really possible.

Secondly, why?

You can use XBMC on each of these devices and use a MySQL library to sync them together...

First off all, everything is possible Wink

Secondly, i know that, but i don´t want to sync/share the library!

I want to sync the media files with my portable devices.
I have a NAS at home where all my media files are stored, i have a xbmc client in my living room an android mobilphone and in near future a raspberry pi (which i want to make portable). So I want to select a movie, an episode or an album on my xbmc client in the living room and copy it to my android mobilphone to watch or hear it outside of my network. (Off course i can stream it over the inet, but this is impossible for a Full HD movie or episode with my upstream Wink )
So, i could do this manually using the filemanager, but i would like to have a one or two step solution.
(autodetection of a second XBMC client in network and an option in contextmenu to copy the selected movie/episode/album to a local media source path of the second client)

Well, IOS is locked and will only ever be able to sync using iTunes.

This would be redundant and you will start to have many libraries with many different files all over the place.

You might as well run plex to serve media to your clients outside of your network.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2012-12-01, 00:16)lrusak Wrote: Well, IOS is locked and will only ever be able to sync using iTunes.

<snip>

You've found a way to run XBMC on a machine that isn't jail broken? If not then you're already able to get around those restrictions right?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
(2012-12-01, 00:16)lrusak Wrote: Well, IOS is locked and will only ever be able to sync using iTunes.

This would be redundant and you will start to have many libraries with many different files all over the place.

You might as well run plex to serve media to your clients outside of your network.

No it's not. The reason he brought it up is because XBMC runs on iOS. Yes, it requires a jailbreak, but it does make your statement technically not true.

It's also not a bad idea, IMO.
This could be done pretty easily with an addon, just not too intuitive since we can't access the context menu of library items yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File Syncing0