ListItem duration problem on frodo beta.
Strange but on frodo ListItem['duration'] changed I guess. But pydocs still shows string (3:18) but ass you can see it's not working.

What is the problem? Un updated docs again?

Code:
02:06:52 T:2792872768 WARNING: GetDurationFromMinuteString <runtime> should be in minutes. Interpreting '2:06' as 2 minutes
02:06:52 T:2792872768 WARNING: GetDurationFromMinuteString <runtime> should be in minutes. Interpreting '2:31' as 2 minutes
02:06:52 T:2792872768 WARNING: GetDurationFromMinuteString <runtime> should be in minutes. Interpreting ':59' as 0 minutes
02:06:52 T:2792872768 WARNING: GetDurationFromMinuteString <runtime> should be in minutes. Interpreting '2:31' as 2 minutes
02:06:52 T:2792872768 WARNING: GetDurationFromMinuteString <runtime> should be in minutes. Interpreting '1:30' as 1 minutes
Set it in seconds. I use the addstreaminfo or whatever it's called.
I thing using setinfo as seconds made it think they were minutes. Probably needs looking at.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
It's always been in minutes. It's just that we can't conclude that 2:06 is hours or minutes, thus we intepret as minutes as the same code could also previously accept "127 mins" etc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK then how am I supposed to make correct duration on my add-on with ListItem(video duration)? Could you give some hints?
then try: 00:03:15 i thought they changed it to seconds since that works for addStreamInfo() "195"
If it's 3 minutes long you set "3".

If you need it at the seconds level, then as Nuka1195 suggests, use addStreamInfo() to specify it in seconds.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Then there is no way to tell people video exactly 3:15 minute except using addStreamInfo() with int(seconds)

There is no love for add-on developers Tongue

This was broken all over the show. I fixed it so it was consistent all over the show. Post-Frodo I'll fix it further so that the python API is static.

Just to be clear before Frodo release. Yes you fixed it on shows and info screen but on ListItem Label2 duration is not correct. If video duration 03:25 Label2 shows 03:00.
Works perfectly here. The only ones that don't work are where I force an invalid .nfo file.

Hmm are you using ListItem(duration) or addStreamInfo().
Only addstreaminfo will work with seconds.
Ok. anyways I wont use exact duration then. Things happen. Some parts fixed and others broken Smile

Need some changes on ListItem pydoc please.

self.list.getSelectedItem().setInfo('video', { 'duration': '3:18' }) not working as its written on the docs. Just shows it 3:00 on Label2

Pofff I am tired of arguing about this thing. I don't care then Smile keep it how it is.

With or without this XBMC superb anyways...
Can you use both?

I know the video dialog info window rounds to the minute just using addStreamInfo(), but label2 is correct. I can't remember if I tried both. It was more important for label2 to be correct.
On setInfo video dialog info windows also rounds but the problem is rounds also label2. Thats what I am trying to explain.

Also if duration less then a minute (00:58) it dosent show on label2.

check on The Trailer add-on for example.
video dialog info window: 2 minutes, 1 minute etc.
listitem label2: 02:00, 01:00 etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ListItem duration problem on frodo beta.0