Timeshift support
Hello,

Tvheadend has now an early prototype of timeshift support implemented: https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/proj...7aac9a74ee

Will Tvheadend pvr addon updated to support/test timeshifting? It would be nice to have timeshift support in Frodo.
I added the necessary support to pvr.hrs several weeks ago. Though there was one thing left out that Lars merged yesterday.

So pvr.hrs built from latest code will work fine.

However the timeshift support in tvh is still very early days, so don't expect anything too amazing just yet. But any general feedback is welcome.

Adam
(2012-12-01, 13:29)adamsutton Wrote: I added the necessary support to pvr.hrs several weeks ago. Though there was one thing left out that Lars merged yesterday.

So pvr.hrs built from latest code will work fine.

However the timeshift support in tvh is still very early days, so don't expect anything too amazing just yet. But any general feedback is welcome.

Adam

Thanks Adam. I gave this a little test.

1. Pause + FF to catchup with live seem to work
2. Unable to rewind live tv

Thanks.
Rewind sort of works, on my setup it rewinds ok (some oddities when you first start) but resuming afterwards seems to upset xbmc and I've simply not had time to look into the issues yet.

Its still early days and I think there may need to be changes in both xbmc and tvh yet.

My main reason for making the code more visible is to get some initial feedback and see what areas need focusing on.

Adam
(2012-12-02, 17:43)xxxnelly Wrote: 1. Pause + FF to catchup with live seem to work

Was there any additional configuration steps you had to make in either the frontend XBMC addon or the backend TVHeadend server to enable this functionality?

I've updated my TVHeadend server from a git pull and re-compile this afternoon and downloaded and re-compiled the opdenkamp tvheadend add-on but the timeshift functionality doesn't seem to exist for me at all...
(2012-12-02, 21:02)salnajjar Wrote:
(2012-12-02, 17:43)xxxnelly Wrote: 1. Pause + FF to catchup with live seem to work

Was there any additional configuration steps you had to make in either the frontend XBMC addon or the backend TVHeadend server to enable this functionality?

I've updated my TVHeadend server from a git pull and re-compile this afternoon and downloaded and re-compiled the opdenkamp tvheadend add-on but the timeshift functionality doesn't seem to exist for me at all...

You need the correct branch, the timeshift one... then add the timeshift flag.

git clone -b feature/timeshift https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend.git
./configure --enable-timeshift
make install
(2012-12-02, 23:50)xxxnelly Wrote: You need the correct branch, the timeshift one... then add the timeshift flag.

git clone -b feature/timeshift https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend.git

I can't believe I didn't think to check for a separate branch of the TVHeadend server.

Thanks for the info, just compiled it and about to test.

Seri
(2012-12-02, 18:21)adamsutton Wrote: Rewind sort of works, on my setup it rewinds ok (some oddities when you first start) but resuming afterwards seems to upset xbmc and I've simply not had time to look into the issues yet.

Its still early days and I think there may need to be changes in both xbmc and tvh yet.

My main reason for making the code more visible is to get some initial feedback and see what areas need focusing on.

Adam

Rewind only works if you set the max period - that's why it didn't work for me.

duplicate topic
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeshift support0