how do i remove hashed lines on screen
I just started using XBMC and Aeon Nox, when i view my movie folders i get hashed lines across the screen.
Is there an option to remove this or is it a bigger problem?

thanks in advance

(2012-12-01, 19:40)mhodder Wrote: I just started using XBMC and Aeon Nox, when i view my movie folders i get hashed lines across the screen.
Is there an option to remove this or is it a bigger problem?

thanks in advance

That is a video card problem
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
or maybe a cable problem if you are using HDMI. Try a new one, well metal-protected.

Try also to not make the HDMI pass near electrical power/TV cables
I dont think it is an HDMI problem, I have two screens and when i pass xbmc from one to the other the problem stays.
Also the problem is not always present, if i go into movies and it is there I can go to the menu and back to movies and it might not be there at all. it probobly showes up 3 out of 4 times right now.
if it is a video card problem what is the solution.

I have never had an issue with any other program to this point.

system specs,
asus sabertooth z77
intel E3 1230v2
g.skill sniper 32gb ddr3 1600
ATI 6950 2GB
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB ssd

this setup is on my desktop pc, its not a huge issue as i dont actually watch movies on it. I mostly use it to make sure that my media will scrape correctly for my HTPC.
(2012-12-02, 11:22)N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote: or maybe a cable problem if you are using HDMI. Try a new one, well metal-protected.

Try also to not make the HDMI pass near electrical power/TV cables

If it was a problem with the HDMI cable then it would show on his screen but not in the screenshot
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I've had this problem since rebuilding my HTPC with a new mobo and cpu over xmas. I kept the graphics card from the previous install which is an ATI 5450 and installed the latest ATI drivers 12.8 (at the time) and the problem appeared.

Since then I've upgrade to each release including the latest 13.1 but nothing had fixed the issue. The latest ATI release 13.1 caused me now end of problems with a weird random mouse cursor movement to the lower right of my tv screen.... I suspect that has something to do with multi monitors as my case has a small VGA LCD panel and the mouse cursor would jump every now and then... this caused XMBC to pop up various menus etc during playback.... most annoying.

This prompted me to go back to the version i had before rebuild which was 12.4 and hey presto no more lines. Therefore I think the problem is purely a driver issue. The lines only appear when an overlay of the covers is done, scrolling thru titles also causes it to progressively get worse, navigate back and fore thru menus and info can reduce it.

I'd recommend anyone with this issue only use the 12.4 drivers. STUPID ATI !

i am getting this problem also, i will try the 12.4 drivers out and report back if it works for me.
yes that worked for me!!!
Glad that helped.
(2013-01-26, 20:59)Flappa Wrote: i am getting this problem also, i will try the 12.4 drivers out and report back if it works for me.

yes that worked for me!!!

..than thats stupid radeon driver issue.. Nod
I Have the same problem but I can't find the 12.4 drivers !!!

hxxp://www2.ati.com/drivers/12-4_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc.exe is not working !

Anyone can help ?

EDIT : Nevermind found em !
(2013-02-07, 20:59)sarlan19 Wrote: EDIT : Nevermind found em !

Maybe post the link here in case someone else finds this thread and needs the 12.4 drivers?

There you go

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2132/mirrors.php
I had to update to 13.1 cause I bought a new AV receiver and it needed the update to work. Any other way to get by that problem ?
Sorry to open this point again. I have this problem also, but I have a Intel board with Intel Celeron g1610 cpu. It isn't a hdmi cable problem, i can see it also when lcd is on dvi. Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how do i remove hashed lines on screen0