XBMC, which one?!

I ordered my RPi yesterday, so it should be arriving some time next week.

I've decided to use it as a media player with XBMC installed (duh!)

Now I'm wondering whitch way to go? I'm using a Class 10 SD-card.

Raspbmc? Xbian? OpenELEC? Or running XBMC on Raspbian?

Which is the best? Which is the fastest? And so on.
If all you want is XBMC then you'll want to use the first three and not Raspbian, since they're tweaked for XBMC-specific use and performance.

They all work pretty well. Raspbmc and OpenELEC both do nightly builds right now (which are beta builds with additional fixes), and I'm not sure if XBian does nightlies yet, so I would go with one of those two simply for that. Right now I'm leaning a little bit towards OpenELEC, but they update all the time and various things change, etc.
(2012-12-02, 04:27)dannyboyswe Wrote: I ordered my RPi yesterday, so it should be arriving some time next week.

I've decided to use it as a media player with XBMC installed (duh!)

Now I'm wondering whitch way to go? I'm using a Class 10 SD-card.

Raspbmc? Xbian? OpenELEC? Or running XBMC on Raspbian?

Which is the best? Which is the fastest? And so on.

I prefer openelec its faster
OpenELEC is faster and stabler, but requires you to configure the Raspberry Pi specific settings like overclocking and codec licenses via SSH. Raspbmc has a great Raspberry Pi specific GUI, but I've had issues with stability and add-on compatibility that outweigh the ease of use. The last time I tried Xbian it was such a buggy mess that I haven't bothered with it again.

I think that once it's stable, Raspbmc will be the go-to version unless OpenELEC decide to add a Pi specific configuration menu (Hint! Hint!).
OpenELEC it is then. Smile
Are there any guides on how to config the rPi via SSH?
Openelec for me as is the only that works flawlessly with my mce r6 remote.
Its also the one thats give better performance oc'ed.

Great tutorial here http://youresuchageek.blogspot.fr/2012/0...ec-on.html

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I chose Openelec after trying all three. It was the only one that could setup a wireless dongle quickly and easily.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC, which one?!0