• 58(current)
Win HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
Seems as though a lot of people are having this on going issue. I have tried lots of resources but no solutions.
My set up....
MBOX Android 5.1TV Box Amlogic S905 Quad 64 ARM Cortex A53 CPU, 1G DDR3 +8G eMMC Flash, Support UHD 2k x 4K , HDMI 2.0 port, 1G ethernet.
I have a Samsung TV running HDMI to the MBOX and optical out to a JBL soundbar w/Sub. Currently I have all DSP disabled, DTS and AC3 are off.

I have tried both passthrough on and off.
(2017-02-22, 20:34)LeftHandy Wrote: Seems as though a lot of people are having this on going issue. I have tried lots of resources but no solutions.
My set up....
MBOX Android 5.1TV Box Amlogic S905 Quad 64 ARM Cortex A53 CPU, 1G DDR3 +8G eMMC Flash, Support UHD 2k x 4K , HDMI 2.0 port, 1G ethernet.
I have a Samsung TV running HDMI to the MBOX and optical out to a JBL soundbar w/Sub. Currently I have all DSP disabled, DTS and AC3 are off.

I have tried both passthrough on and off.

yep

and for me, it works if i use plex media player instead of kodi.
Add me to the list of the people having an issue with playing DTS-MA. My previous build of WIn10+Yamaha RX-V677+ Sony TV worked just fine, no issues with DTS-MA playback. I was on Kodi v16.x

Now I've built a new system Intel NUC6CAYH + Yamaha RX-V681 + Sony TV. Kodi v17.0 (tried 17.1 RC), same settings. No luck with DTS-MA passthrough, it won't play. And the receiver shows that there is no signal coming.

SOLUTION: Right after posting the above message I've stumbled upon HDMI firmware update for Intel NUC. This fixed the issue for me:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=95062
Just installed Kodi on cheap Linx 7 tablet with Win 10 and had same problem on video playback not music playback,
It was not a streaming issue since I had the same problem playing an MP4 file from the Linx itself.
After about three hours of fiddling I went to SETTINGS PLAYER SETTINGS VIDEOS and after many no results set ADJUST DISPLAY REFRESH RATE to ALWAYS and SYNC PLAYBACK TO DISPLAY to on and SUCCESS. Just one of these changes may be necessary but I did both at once, very unscientific but it worked and I am leaving well alone!!

Mike.
@jjd-uk thanks for this page mate. Amazing.
I've been struggling since days to get the dts passthrough to work for days. And this has been bugging me like crazy.
This tip helped me fix the issue.

Quote:Section 2. Check exclusive mode settings (SPDIF/HDMI)

Sounds -> Playback -> Audio Device -> Properties -> Advanced

WASAPI on XBMC runs in Exclusive mode so make sure the two Exclusive mode options are ticked in Advanced within Windows.
I've been trying to fix this issue for myself for months, this fixed it for me, specifically the "Audio TV Out" setting to Off.  I don't even know why that was ON to begin with on my Onkyo receiver, but lo and behold.

Quote:For Onkyo:

In Hardware Setup -> HDMI
Audio TV Out - Off
HDMI Control (RIHD) - Off
Power Control - Off
TV Control - Off
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)10