Movie poster and fanart saved incorrectly
After years of very little problems I've had nothing but grief with my kodi set up of late, that said I've resolved everything but have been left with a new and interesting issue.

Having switched from Coachpotato to Radarr and adding all my movies and getting radarr to grab the metadata again (for reason) it has correctly grabbed appropriate fanart and posters, unfortunatly when I added the movie folders to kodi it has saved all the posters as fanart and the fan art as thumbnails. I'd rather not just nuke the database again as I've only just got it vaguely stable. I've looked and can't find any advice on the subject.

Anyone got any ideas?
Very unusual. But the following info needed to start off with...

1. Debug Log which captures you scraping a movie where this problem occurs. Even if you have to remove one from the library and rescrape it.
2. Screenshot of the folder for an affected movie which clearly shows the folder name, video files and all artwork files

3rd party software like Sonarr and the ones you mention don't seem fully compatible with Kodi, so I already figure there is a problem with the NFO files they create, and probably the artwork naming if using local artwork.

Why do you need to use these programs? Why not let Kodi scrape them correctly?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'll get the screen shot and log once I'm our the bath.

It's not a file name issue (first thing I checked) and the reason I prefer a 3rd party to do the scraping is because of horrific failures by kodi (Well xbmc at the time) in the past and I've seen no evidence that it's gotten any better. If the data is stored in the folder with the file I can manually correct it if it's wrong. It's always been way more of a nightmare trying to do that through kodi.
As your statements are exceptionally vague, to say the least, I will respond in kind.

(2018-11-20, 01:52)Chris_Bear Wrote: is because of horrific failures by kodi (Well xbmc at the time) in the past and I've seen no evidence that it's gotten any better
You are obviously doing something wrong... and you really haven't analysed the evidence correctly.

(2018-11-20, 01:52)Chris_Bear Wrote: If the data is stored in the folder with the file I can manually correct it if it's wrong
And then what? Kodi does not read NFO Files as part of the library browsing. Might be worth you clicking the Import-Export link in My Signature below.

(2018-11-20, 01:52)Chris_Bear Wrote: It's always been way more of a nightmare trying to do that through kodi.
Really? I have no problems adjusting the data in my library quite easily and quickly. There are three easy methods I, and many others, use.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie poster and fanart saved incorrectly0