• 28(current)
Win HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
(2013-07-16, 18:48)dannye95 Wrote: Original DTS-HD MA file is still not working. AVR shows DTS-HD MA but playback stops after 1-2 seconds. File is playing when using WMP.
When unselecting "DTS-HD capable receiver", AVR shows DTS but still playback stops after 1-2 seconds.

That suggests a problem with that file then if playing samples works, you'll need to re-rip or obtain an alternative.
(2013-07-16, 19:22)wpbpete Wrote: Hello,
I have a HP DV6000 with spdif optical out and conexant hd audio driver. Try as a may, I can't get wasapi to play audio. I followed this guide I have spdif as a default but I get no config options at all. The supported formats are DD, DTS, WMA Pro Audio and the sample rate is fixed at 48Khz. Anybody knows if this laptop is capable of wasapi? I'm thinking it isn't.

A debug Log_file (wiki) will tell me what the audio devices supports.
(2013-07-18, 11:13)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 18:48)dannye95 Wrote: Original DTS-HD MA file is still not working. AVR shows DTS-HD MA but playback stops after 1-2 seconds. File is playing when using WMP.
When unselecting "DTS-HD capable receiver", AVR shows DTS but still playback stops after 1-2 seconds.

That suggests a problem with that file then if playing samples works, you'll need to re-rip or obtain an alternative.

May be, although Windows media player is able to play the file...
Hi everyone,

First post here. Had windows mce now for several years and totally fed up with it. Got xbmc recommended and first tried installing it with openelec without postive results. Now installed it on windows. Got it working and first setup was movies.

My problem with watching movies is that I also got the stutter, but when the movie is playing in the background, with the buttons in front of them, it's gone. Also when having it played in window version, there is no stutter. So the problem only occurs in full screen. I have tried all the differtent settings, both audio en video, but nothing works.

Any thoughts? Thank you.
This solved my problems I was having. THANK YOU!

[mod edit] Removed the quoted Post#1
(2013-07-21, 11:24)Dennis123 Wrote: Hi everyone,

First post here. Had windows mce now for several years and totally fed up with it. Got xbmc recommended and first tried installing it with openelec without postive results. Now installed it on windows. Got it working and first setup was movies.

My problem with watching movies is that I also got the stutter, but when the movie is playing in the background, with the buttons in front of them, it's gone. Also when having it played in window version, there is no stutter. So the problem only occurs in full screen. I have tried all the differtent settings, both audio en video, but nothing works.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

I switched the screen setting from normal to .... (forgot what is it was, but another setting) and that cleared the stutter issue.

Thanks
(2013-07-18, 11:14)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 19:22)wpbpete Wrote: Hello,
I have a HP DV6000 with spdif optical out and conexant hd audio driver. Try as a may, I can't get wasapi to play audio. I followed this guide I have spdif as a default but I get no config options at all. The supported formats are DD, DTS, WMA Pro Audio and the sample rate is fixed at 48Khz. Anybody knows if this laptop is capable of wasapi? I'm thinking it isn't.

A debug Log_file (wiki) will tell me what the audio devices supports.
Hi jjd-uk,
Thanks in advance for helping me out. Here's the log you asked for http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=39107 You'll notice that I have several issues going on. My original question was regarding wasapi but if you can help me with the other issues, that'd be great Smile
1) at start up i get a pop up that it can't connect to a server...
2) no sound at all when using spdif wasapi
3) video stutters while playing 1080p with or without HD audio
Unfortunately, my computer skills are limited, I can follow directions but I get lost in the language sometimes, so I'll try to answer any question you have as best I can. Thanks again
Here's a crash log just in case http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=39108
Try this:

Audio Output: Optical/Coaxial
Speaker configuration: 2.0
Output stereo to all speakers: Disabled
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: Enabled
DTS capable receiver: Enabled
AAC capable receiver: Disabled
MultiChannel LPCM capable receiver: Disabled
TrueHD capable receiver: Disabled
DTS-HD capable receiver: Disabled
Audio output device: WASAPI: SPDIF Interface
Passthrough output device: WASAPI: SPDIF Interface

DO NOT choose WASAPI: Speakers
(2013-07-24, 11:01)jjd-uk Wrote: Try this:

No good, still getting no sound... I've noticed that Audio output device has no effect at all, I can tell it's switching modes but it doesn't affect the sound. The minute I switch Passthrough to WASAPI it's when it stops.
(2013-07-24, 15:31)wpbpete Wrote:
(2013-07-24, 11:01)jjd-uk Wrote: Try this:

No good, still getting no sound... I've noticed that Audio output device has no effect at all, I can tell it's switching modes but it doesn't affect the sound. The minute I switch Passthrough to WASAPI it's when it stops.

Check the Sound properties of the SPDIF device, in the Advanced tab do you have the 2 Exclusive mode options selected as shown below

yes, exclusive mode is allowed and spdif is set to default. I don't get the option to set speaker config or the sample rate. Conexant driver is installed and I've searched for new drivers, but it seems to be up to date, even tho it's from 2008.
Ah, perhaps the driver doesn't support the Event mode of WASAPI operation then, in which case you'll have to use Directsound,

Try the following:

Audio Output: Analog
Audio output device: Directsound: SPDIF Interface
no good... the video is still jittery and the sound was out of sync. I'm surprised that the avr still got a DTS signal. What's sending it to the avr, software or hardware?
Please check again and if still the same then post a debug log and a screenshot of your audio settings, with Audio Output set to Analog there is no way you should be getting DTS on the AVR.
(2013-07-12, 15:51)greg_p Wrote: Hi, I am new to this forum, and So far have learned a lot. But I am having issues with stuttering video. It does work somewhat, as the audio comes through fine but the video looks like its skipping every other frame.
my hardware:
-Silverstone media center case with iMon ir remote link
-Windows 7 64 bit
-ASUS M3N78PRO motherboard with AMD Phenom II quad core processor
-4 GB Ram
-GeForce GTX 275 GPU
-Realtek ALC1200 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC, Coaxial S/PDIF out ports at back I/O
Support Jack Detection and Multi-streaming
-D-link DNS-320 sharecenter connected to router to house media files
-Epson Projector display
-Using Aeon MQ4 skin for XBMC Frodo 12.2

I have updated all drivers to the recent ones off the manufacturer`s website
I connect my system to the AVR like:
Video - HDMI direct to projector
Audio - digital Coaxial to AVR, and AVR is full Dolby DTS, AC3, THX high quality receiver

I have tried going through the troubleshooting suggestions but still cant seem to fix my issue. I tried setting the audio to digital CO-AX 5.1, didnt work, the reduced it to analog 2.0, still no difference. I left all my settings as shown on the screenshots, but still no fix. I can verify it is not a hardware issue since I can play movies fine on WMC, but when using XBMC or Plex i get stuttering during playback.
I am including some screenshots and log file to see if someone can point me in the right direction to enable me to use this great program.
Let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

Log file July 12/2013

So, I have tried playing as movie from the local c: drive instead of the network Z: drive, no change. I have changed the sound to Audio Output Device WASAPI: Realtek Digital Output, no change. I have played around with the video render method from auto detect to DXVA and DXVA2, and no change. I am still getting the stuttering during playback. Any more suggestions? I am at a loss
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)10