• 2(current)
Win HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
Hi All,
Happy new year. I am trying the frodo rc3 at the moment.
My setup is Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit - HP Microserver AMD Turion™ II Model Neo N40L with 4GB RAM

YAMAHA rx-v671 amp
HTPC - Geforce 210 with latest device drivers.

Everything works apart from DTS-HD MA. When I try to play there is no audio and the video stutters. The display on the amp behaves strangely as if its switching speaker channels. Everything works perfect if I turn off DTS-HD Capable reciever. Please find the screenshots and the log file. Thank you all in advance.

and the log file

http://pastebin.com/d4K9RA3d
The problem is that TrueHD and DTS-HD are missing from the Supported Format tab in Windows, see Section 3 on 1st page. Since Windows doesn't view these as valid formats for your system the TrueHD and DTS-HD capable receiver items must be left unset, until such time that is until you can rectify the problem.

You appear to have correct driver from log but I notice the HDMI device is reported as Sharp, which I'm guessing is your TV? I'd therefore start by investigating your receiver settings for HDMI (Section 3.i.), check whether your model has HDMI control setting which should be off and Audio Output which should be set to Amp.

[Edit]
Just looked your Nvidia card up & this http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/graphic...220_2.html suggests the Geforce 210 can't do TrueHd or DTS-MA so you'll need a new graphics card if you want these.
@jjd-uk thank you for your kind support, I have to think about another graphics card.

HDMI device is reported as Sharp - Yes sharp is my TV I uninstalled the drive re-installed it through remote desktop disconnecting TV from the amp. Then it was showing RX-V671 as sound device, still TrueHD and DTS-HD were missing from supported formats. As soon as I plugh in TV to amp the sound device changes to Sharp. HDMI control setting s are off and Audio Output is set to Amp.

My graphics card nvidia GeForce g210 doesn't support dts-hd ma or true hd. I am planning to get another low profile pciex graphics card. Can any one recommend a graphics card for me please? Budget is around £30. My system is My setup is Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit - HP Microserver AMD Turion™ II Model Neo N40L with 4GB RAM. Thanks in advance.
Hi All..
at the moment on my system I have Eden, but I have a question waiting Frodo.

Under "Sounds -> Playback -> Audio Device -> Properties -> Supported Formats" I have all format (except MS wma pro),
but checking the driver properties, the Driver Provider is MS and not AMD.

This could be a problem?
Antec Fusion - A6 5400k / Ati HD7540 - Kodi Isengard
ASRock Beebox n3150 - Kodi Jarvis
Oled 55E6V - Onkyo nr809 - B&W 5.1 - Harmony One
(2013-01-07, 15:10)Hetfiled Wrote: Hi All..
at the moment on my system I have Eden, but I have a question waiting Frodo.

Under "Sounds -> Playback -> Audio Device -> Properties -> Supported Formats" I have all format (except MS wma pro),
but checking the driver properties, the Driver Provider is MS and not AMD.

This could be a problem?
I can't with 100% certainty, but in my experience it's always best to use the manufacturer provided drivers rather than the Microsoft ones, typically TrueHD & DTS-MA won't work with MS drivers as normally they don't enable Protected Audio Path (PAP), but then I've only used Intel & Nvidia GPU's so AMD might be different.

Do you have TrueHD & DTS-HD listed? do you even care about TrueHD & DTS-HD? if so you could try with MS drivers then later install the AMD drivers if encountering any problems, maybe already have the AMD drivers downloaded and ready to install only if needed.

(2013-01-07, 15:28)jjd-uk Wrote: Do you have TrueHD & DTS-HD listed? do you even care about TrueHD & DTS-HD?

Yes are listed ... and I'm interesting to TrueHD and DTS-HD

well, after frodo release we'll see what happens

thank you for quickly reply
Antec Fusion - A6 5400k / Ati HD7540 - Kodi Isengard
ASRock Beebox n3150 - Kodi Jarvis
Oled 55E6V - Onkyo nr809 - B&W 5.1 - Harmony One
Would be curious how MS drivers work (my guess is not). Generally the AMD drivers have been bulletproof (on Windows)
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks for the excellent write-up. I needed to remove RealTek, disable the Microsoft High Def device, and then I was good to go to use my AMD High Def Drivers.
Guys, I need help

Recently I've switched to HDMI connection from optical and I want to be able to listen DTS-HD in it's full glory.
The problem is when I set "DTS-HD enabled receiver" to on - the playback goes into stuttering slo-mo.
I've checked settings and found out that HD-formats not listed in properties of my Nvidia HD Audio Device.

After reading this thread I've uninstalled Realtek drivers for SPDIF, removed Realtek from Device Manager, and disabled it in BIOS. Now there's only Nvidia HDMI output in my playback devices, but still no support for HD formats listed. I've tried latest 306.6 drivers from Nvidia which updated my HD Audio drivers too (vendor says Nvidia, so it should be alright) and still no luck.

Any ideas why? Maybe there's some registry I need to edit/remove?

My setup is Frodo RC3, Win 7 32-bit running on Zotac ZBOX ID11 (Atom D510+Nvidia ION) and Pioneer VSX-919 AV-receiver (which supports DTS-HD and Dolby TruHD). I'm using HDMI connection from my HTPC to receiver (which then goes to Panasonic plasma).

Help is very much appreciated!
HTPC: XBMC Gotham 15.2 on Intel NUC DCCP847DYE (Intel Celeron 847), 2GB RAM, Samsung PM830 SSD, OpenELEC 6.0.0
SYSTEM: Panasonic TX-P65ST50, Pioneer VSX-922K, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 + Diamond 9.CS + SW150 sub, Logitech Harmony 880 remote
Both GPU and receiver must support bitstreaming the HD Audio formats, and although your receiver has support for these I don't think the Nvidia ION GPU supports bitstreaming of the HD Audio codecs, best I think you can get with ION is decoding to LPCM.

For now make sure Multichannel LPCM capable receiver is enabled and TrueHD capable receiver & DTS-HD capable receiver are disabled.
Well, I just never thought that Nvidia ION won't be able to bitstream DTS-HD... But decoding to LPCM will rise CPU usage significantly on my Atom, but I'll give it a try. Thanks!!!
HTPC: XBMC Gotham 15.2 on Intel NUC DCCP847DYE (Intel Celeron 847), 2GB RAM, Samsung PM830 SSD, OpenELEC 6.0.0
SYSTEM: Panasonic TX-P65ST50, Pioneer VSX-922K, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 + Diamond 9.CS + SW150 sub, Logitech Harmony 880 remote
I would like to know if there is someone that gets passthrough of Dolby Digital Plus to the AVR... I have followed through all steps mentioned at the outset of this thread (thanks for your help)...I don't have any problem whatsoever with dolby true hd and dts 96/24. But dd+ causes severing juddering, and even the video fast forwards and jumps scene in addition of no sound at all. When connected directly to the TV the AVR has no problem with a HD channel that broadcasts in DD+, so it's not a problem of the AVR, so my only question is:

Has anyone got passthrough of Dolby Digital Plus in Frodo RC3 or is it a known bug?

Thanks for your help...

My setup:
Frodo RC3
Windows 7 64
Radeon 5850
Onkyo 515
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
It's a know bug, bitstreaming of DD+ does not work with Frodo, and from what I understand this bug won't be looked at until after Frodo is released.

The only workaround is to unselect the Dolby Digital capable receiver option to decode to LPCM.
Thank you very much... of course I can live with it... now that I know it is not my fault I can have peace of mind... Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2013-01-11, 16:12)jjd-uk Wrote: Both GPU and receiver must support bitstreaming the HD Audio formats, and although your receiver has support for these I don't think the Nvidia ION GPU supports bitstreaming of the HD Audio codecs, best I think you can get with ION is decoding to LPCM.

For now make sure Multichannel LPCM capable receiver is enabled and TrueHD capable receiver & DTS-HD capable receiver are disabled.

So, I've tried this config, but when I choose DTS-HD soundtrack XBMC plays only DTS Core part of it and not fully decoded PCM stream (I can see it on the receiver's display). Can XBMC decode DTS-HD at all or it is only bitstreaming?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)10