• 27(current)
Win HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
Had a little trouble when updating from 11 to 12.
The issue turned out to be my Xonar Essence STX sound card.

There was only a problem if the GX DSP was enabled while trying to output to headphones (ie, not over spdif/optical).
The video would stutter and audio wouldn't play. Disabling the DSP fixed the issue.

Another issue is that if WASAPI is used and any other application tries to play audio at the same time as XBMC it can't access the device, though this isn't new in v12.

Xonar Essence STX Driver: 7.0.8.1821
Windows 7 x64

I hope that'll help anyone having similar issues.
Have a problem with DTS-HD.
When playing a movie with this audio format, movie starts, AVR shows DTS-HD MA but after 1-2 seconds it just stops.
I tried all configuration options as in the (excellent) manual but couldn't get it to work. No manner what I do, movie starts and stops after 1-2 seconds. Other formats are working fine.

AVR - Pioneer VSX-2020 (supports HD audio)

Audio settings:
Audio output - HDMI
Audio output device: WASAPI - HDMI
Passthrough output device: WASAPI - HDMI
Speaker Config - tried 51 and 7.1
Running Win7 with AMD HW, HDMI output properties shows 8 channels and all supported formats

XBMC log file (19:51:36) : XBMC log file

Windows and XBMC audio setup pictures:
watch gallery

Any ideas?
Tanks ahead.
Try deleting all the audio drivers, then try only loading the AMD High Definition Audio drivers, see http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/171469...river.html
Removed all audio drivers and reinstalled them, get again the same issue: new log
Playback starts, AVR shows DTS-HD, then after 1-2 seconds playback stops.
Hi, I am new to this forum, and So far have learned a lot. But I am having issues with stuttering video. It does work somewhat, as the audio comes through fine but the video looks like its skipping every other frame.
my hardware:
-Silverstone media center case with iMon ir remote link
-Windows 7 64 bit
-ASUS M3N78PRO motherboard with AMD Phenom II quad core processor
-4 GB Ram
-GeForce GTX 275 GPU
-Realtek ALC1200 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC, Coaxial S/PDIF out ports at back I/O
Support Jack Detection and Multi-streaming
-D-link DNS-320 sharecenter connected to router to house media files
-Epson Projector display
-Using Aeon MQ4 skin for XBMC Frodo 12.2

I have updated all drivers to the recent ones off the manufacturer`s website
I connect my system to the AVR like:
Video - HDMI direct to projector
Audio - digital Coaxial to AVR, and AVR is full Dolby DTS, AC3, THX high quality receiver

I have tried going through the troubleshooting suggestions but still cant seem to fix my issue. I tried setting the audio to digital CO-AX 5.1, didnt work, the reduced it to analog 2.0, still no difference. I left all my settings as shown on the screenshots, but still no fix. I can verify it is not a hardware issue since I can play movies fine on WMC, but when using XBMC or Plex i get stuttering during playback.
I am including some screenshots and log file to see if someone can point me in the right direction to enable me to use this great program.
Let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

Log file July 12/2013

I've tried multiple changes of settings with no good resolution.

Some of the MKVs I have made of blu-rays using Handbrake are stuttering - but just some. I don't change up my handbrake settings, and every file I make works flawlessly in VLC.

I've noticed that the Disney animated movies tend to be offenders.

I used the "O" command during playback and noticed that those movies that are stuttering tend to have increased CPU usage (20-35%) compared to my other 1080p rips which stay under 10%.

Nvidia Ion
Frodo
Connected via HDMI to Onkyo receiver which then goes to HDTV

Current Audio Settings:
HDMI, 7.1, AC3, DTS AAC, LPCM are checked, TrueHD and DTS-HD are NOT checked. Output and passthrough are both WASAPI.

I did try the simple 2.0 HDMI Directsound - it had no effect. I tried deleting the GUI file, it had no effect.

Again - it's not ALL video files, just a small minority. I can't figure out what makes them different.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36610

Any help would be appreciated.
(2013-07-10, 18:45)dannye95 Wrote: Removed all audio drivers and reinstalled them, get again the same issue: new log
Does this happen on all movies with DTS-HD?

Do you have any movies with Dolby TrueHD? if so do these play ok?

What happens if you unselect "DTS-HD capable receiver", do you get the DTS Core track?
(2013-07-12, 15:51)greg_p Wrote: Hi, I am new to this forum, and So far have learned a lot. But I am having issues with stuttering video. It does work somewhat, as the audio comes through fine but the video looks like its skipping every other frame.
my hardware:
-Windows 7 64 bit
-4 GB Ram
-GeForce GTX 275 GPU
-Realtek ALC1200 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC, Coaxial S/PDIF out ports at back I/O
-Epson Projector display

Audio - digital Coaxial to AVR, and AVR is full Dolby DTS, AC3, THX high quality receiver

I have tried going through the troubleshooting suggestions but still cant seem to fix my issue. I tried setting the audio to digital CO-AX 5.1, didnt work, the reduced it to analog 2.0, still no difference. I left all my settings as shown on the screenshots, but still no fix. I can verify it is not a hardware issue since I can play movies fine on WMC, but when using XBMC or Plex i get stuttering during playback.
I am including some screenshots and log file to see if someone can point me in the right direction to enable me to use this great program.
I don't see any errors in the log but I do notice you're using the Directsound API, try switching to WASAPI.

It could well be this isn't audio settings related.
(2013-07-14, 00:39)skyes Wrote: I've tried multiple changes of settings with no good resolution.

Some of the MKVs I have made of blu-rays using Handbrake are stuttering - but just some. I don't change up my handbrake settings, and every file I make works flawlessly in VLC.

I've noticed that the Disney animated movies tend to be offenders.

I used the "O" command during playback and noticed that those movies that are stuttering tend to have increased CPU usage (20-35%) compared to my other 1080p rips which stay under 10%.

Nvidia Ion
Frodo
Connected via HDMI to Onkyo receiver which then goes to HDTV

Current Audio Settings:
HDMI, 7.1, AC3, DTS AAC, LPCM are checked, TrueHD and DTS-HD are NOT checked. Output and passthrough are both WASAPI.

I did try the simple 2.0 HDMI Directsound - it had no effect. I tried deleting the GUI file, it had no effect.

Again - it's not ALL video files, just a small minority. I can't figure out what makes them different.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36610

Any help would be appreciated.
Could you try playing these problem files back with DXVA2 Hardware Acceleration turned off? as there's a couple of DXVA errors.

If that fails, then could you try re-ripping one of the problem files as a test, as the only other thing I see in the log is the occasional "Discontinuity" error which is usually a indication of a problem with the a/v stream.
(2013-07-15, 11:34)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2013-07-12, 15:51)greg_p Wrote: Hi, I am new to this forum, and So far have learned a lot. But I am having issues with stuttering video. It does work somewhat, as the audio comes through fine but the video looks like its skipping every other frame.
my hardware:
-Windows 7 64 bit
-4 GB Ram
-GeForce GTX 275 GPU
-Epson Projector display

I don't see any errors in the log but I do notice you're using the Directsound API, try switching to WASAPI.

It could well be this isn't audio settings related.

ok. I sent you a PM. If not audio related, where can I ask this question to get help with the problem?
(2013-07-15, 19:29)greg_p Wrote: ok. I sent you a PM. If not audio related, where can I ask this question to get help with the problem?

In the Audio settings there's Audio Output Device and Passthrough Output Device towards the bottom, there may well be several selectable optioins so choose the one that mostly closely matches something like WASAPI: Realtek Digital Output

If that doesn't fix then it's likely your video settings.
(2013-07-09, 20:23)dannye95 Wrote: Have a problem with DTS-HD.
When playing a movie with this audio format, movie starts, AVR shows DTS-HD MA but after 1-2 seconds it just stops.
I tried all configuration options as in the (excellent) manual but couldn't get it to work. No manner what I do, movie starts and stops after 1-2 seconds. Other formats are working fine.

AVR - Pioneer VSX-2020 (supports HD audio)

Audio settings:
Audio output - HDMI
Audio output device: WASAPI - HDMI
Passthrough output device: WASAPI - HDMI
Speaker Config - tried 51 and 7.1
Running Win7 with AMD HW, HDMI output properties shows 8 channels and all supported formats

XBMC log file (19:51:36) : XBMC log file

Windows and XBMC audio setup pictures:
watch gallery

Any ideas?
Tanks ahead.

Just a question, are you using Aeon MQ4 skin? I ask because Im having issues and dont see the same options on the bottom of my audio options are you do. But the menu style looks similar. Mine stops at DTS-HD capable receiver. I was told to change my audio to WASAPI but have no option to adjust

(2013-07-16, 11:30)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2013-07-15, 19:29)greg_p Wrote: ok. I sent you a PM. If not audio related, where can I ask this question to get help with the problem?

In the Audio settings there's Audio Output Device and Passthrough Output Device towards the bottom, there may well be several selectable optioins so choose the one that mostly closely matches something like WASAPI: Realtek Digital Output

If that doesn't fix then it's likely your video settings.

Maybe I need to change the skin to see these settings? If you look at the screenshot of my audio settings I dont have any option to change the requested option in the audio settings using the Aeon MQ4 skin..
Are you sure the screen is not scrollable in your case? carry on down through options with remote/keyboard to make sure it won't scroll up further options.

If not, then with XBMC closed go into your Userdata (wiki) folder and find guisettings.xml file and rename to something like old_guisettings.xml then start XBMC, this will reset all your GUI applied settings back to default hence the renaming of the file for easy rollback if no different.
(2013-07-15, 11:19)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2013-07-10, 18:45)dannye95 Wrote: Removed all audio drivers and reinstalled them, get again the same issue: new log
Does this happen on all movies with DTS-HD?

Do you have any movies with Dolby TrueHD? if so do these play ok?

What happens if you unselect "DTS-HD capable receiver", do you get the DTS Core track?

I downloaded some test clips and I was able to play Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD MA and DTS-HD HR. Dolby Digital Plus isn't playing (no sound and no format identification by the AVR) altough it's supported by the AMD HDMI card and by the AVR (might be a corrupted file).

Original DTS-HD MA file is still not working. AVR shows DTS-HD MA but playback stops after 1-2 seconds. File is playing when using WMP.
When unselecting "DTS-HD capable receiver", AVR shows DTS but still playback stops after 1-2 seconds.
Hello,
I have a HP DV6000 with spdif optical out and conexant hd audio driver. Try as a may, I can't get wasapi to play audio. I followed this guide I have spdif as a default but I get no config options at all. The supported formats are DD, DTS, WMA Pro Audio and the sample rate is fixed at 48Khz. Anybody knows if this laptop is capable of wasapi? I'm thinking it isn't.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)10