• 51(current)
Win HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
(2014-08-27, 11:39)jjd-uk Wrote: Audio settings seem sane.

In Video -> Playback try enabling "Sync Playback to Display" and select "Video clock (resample audio)"

Nope, still getting the stutter :/
Can anyone help me out?

Settings as follows:

http://imgur.com/09W0n8I
http://imgur.com/Xyi5lQQ
http://imgur.com/tTnLzsP

Getting the occasional stutter every few minutes. Only since Gotham. It's a XBMC issue as there's no issues playing with VLC or Media Player Classic.
Could you give us system specs and how connected,
And if the stuttering happens with all video files or only certain video files.
Are they located local or on a NAS ?
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2014-09-01, 22:58)TRaSH Wrote: Could you give us system specs and how connected,

It's happening with all files. SD, HD and all file formats.
All files are local.
HTPC connected to TV via HDMI and speakers via analog

Proc: Intel Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.2ghz
VC: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series
MEM: 3.1GB
Why are you using the realtek drivers and not the amd drivers ?
I see some other things I would change but I will update this post or a new one when I get home.
(2014-09-02, 17:49)TRaSH Wrote: Why are you using the realtek drivers and not the amd drivers ?
I see some other things I would change but I will update this post or a new one when I get home.

I guess I never had any issues before so they weren't an issue.

Where do I grab the AMD drivers?

Thanks so much for the help (and upcoming help)
www.amd.com

Here's the special amd topic,
Please read from start.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192225
Changed driver and took all steps in the AMD topic. Problem remains. I'm going to have to roll back to Frodo at this rate..
(2014-09-02, 07:15)Capey Wrote:
(2014-09-01, 22:58)TRaSH Wrote: Could you give us system specs and how connected,

It's happening with all files. SD, HD and all file formats.
All files are local.
HTPC connected to TV via HDMI and speakers via analog

Proc: Intel Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.2ghz
VC: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series
MEM: 3.1GB

Could you clarify, where are your speakers connected? to PC or TV?

I've been assuming direct to the PC as you have the Speakers option selected in XBMC, please confirm as in this case the Realtek drivers is indeed what you should be using. The AMD drivers are only used for sending audio over HDMI which would only be the case if you were sending audio to the TV with speakers then connected to the audio out of the TV.
Speakers are connected to the PC.

So back to Realtek then?
Yeah I think TRaSH may have got confused by mention of AMD and assumed you were using HDMI. You can leave the AMD drivers for the HDMI and if just using an onboard PC analog out you may not even need the Realtek drivers.

You described the problem as "occasional audio stutters" are the stutters at regular intervals and if some approximately how long, as what you describe sounds like 23.976Hz videos not being played back at the correct refresh rate.

In your screenshots you have "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" disabled, why? and what is your desktop refresh rate set to?
"Adjust display refresh rate to match video" has always been disabled and until recently posed no issues. If I enable it it underscans my videos. If I try to fix that in the AMD scaling options as per the AMD guide it doesn't let me move the slider at all

Oh and 60 hertz refresh rate.

As I said before this is strictly an XBMC/Kodi issue. All other playerss run 100% fine
Any ideas? Or shall I roll back to Frodo?
(2014-09-04, 11:44)Capey Wrote: Any ideas? Or shall I roll back to Frodo?
You've not answered:

"You described the problem as "occasional audio stutters" are the stutters at regular intervals and if so approximately how long, as what you describe sounds like 23.976Hz videos not being played back at the correct refresh rate."

To try and understand the problem you need to quantify it, so do the stutters happen every few seconds or is it a matter of minutes, and is it at regular intervals.

However if it's incorrect video settings then I don't understand why Gotham would be any worse than Frodo if no settings have changed.
It's two small stutters (just enough to miss a word of dialogue each) right after each other every few minutes. The more I watch it closely I notice there's a slight video stutter too.

Well, the reason i think rolling back to Frodo would work is that there was no problem at all until Gotham dropped. My hardware and set up has not changed one bit in this time. Only the update to Gotham. Not to mention all voer video players run 100% fine.

It's quite the conundrum
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)10