• 52(current)
Win HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
I only other thing I can think of to try is set:

Adjust display refresh rate to match video - Enabled

and set

Sync Playback to Display - Audio Clock

Since it does sound like an a/v sync issue.
Just to follow up.

I tried every single thing suggested and it didn't work.

Just installed the last version of Frodo and it's 100% perfect.

Not sure what to make of that?
Problem if you stick with Frodo will be add-ons support,
If something changes it probably won't be fixed for the Frodo release.
Perhaps a Debug log,
And which settings are you using for Frodo
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Shouldn't this still be a sticky? Looks like the same issues in XBMC are in Kodi...

I don't remember anymore how I was able to fix this but I no longer am able to get WMC and XBMC to work properly together. I have tried WASABI and Directsound...

WASABI - my receiver shows the right audio being passed through
Directsound - shows PCB

I want pass through. Regardless of the setting though, WMC TV playback stutters on the same initial few seconds over and over. Not sure why that is the case but I can't seem to figure this one out. Anyone know how to handle it?
Thank the heavens for Evernote - found a note from Sep 2013 that I made to remind myself that I have to change Windows audio properties to be just Stereo ( not 5.1 ).
(2015-01-07, 05:02)andyd Wrote: Thank the heavens for Evernote - found a note from Sep 2013 that I made to remind myself that I have to change Windows audio properties to be just Stereo ( not 5.1 ).

Why do you need to do that again? Tongue
Even if your PC is hooked up to a 5.1 receiver via HDMI?
I had issues with my audio in xbmc after I connected a ps4 controller while in xbmc. My settings were all messed up after that as I tried to figure out how to get back to where it used to be.
Hi there,

I have a very powerful android box (octa core with 4 gb flash...) and having problems with DD and DTS.
I am running latest Kodi version.
my config is such that the android box is connected via HDMI to the TV and via optical SPDIF to the AVR.
I am using passthrough on the Android audio settings and also on the Kodi audio settings and yet, I have 2 kinds of problems:
1. when DD sound is output, while the AVR will recognize it as such, there is a slight stutter in the picture every other second or so.
2. DTS isn't recognized at all (even though in the audio settings i have checked using a receiver that is able to read DTS) and is recognized by the AVR just as regular stereo sound

when I disable the DD and DTS feature in audio settings the sound and picture are fine (no stutter) but then the sound is plain stereo.
I know that my Android box is fine and can read those sounds well and that the AVR identifies DD and DTS sounds when those are output through it because when using PLEX Media with same movies, the sounds come perfectly identified by the AVR and no stutter at all.

Can you please guide me on what the problem maybe?
Your Audio Output Device should be set to WASAPI to playback the SACD's, if you then have a problem with FLAC or mp3 then you'll have to post a debug log showing that as there should be no issues with those file types.
Thanks for the reply. Here's the debug log when I try to play a FLAC file. Audio output device set to WASAPI. Worth noting that I don't get GUI sounds either.

http://goo.gl/yEOfZ
That link doesn't point to a log
Oops I'm sorry, let's try that again...

http://xbmclogs.com/p7wdedjkh
I can see no errors in the log when you play that flac file, can you describe in detail what actual happens in Kodi when you try to play the file? Have you made sure it's not something silly like the Kodi volume level turned down by pressing + to make sure it's at 100%?
Audio is always left at 100%
When I play the file Kodi seems to be playing it correctly but I'm not getting any audio output on the receiver (including no GUI sounds). All that seems to work when audio output device is set to WASAPI is dff playback or passthrough. Possibly an incompatibility with my receiver?
My workaround so far has been to convert dff to FLAC and set audio output device to Directsound, then everything works. But I read here that WASAPI provides better audio quality so I guess this is not ideal.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)10