Bug "Duplicate" movie genres with space at start of name
Running XBMC 12.0 BETA1 on a Raspberry Pi (raspbmc) using The Movie Database scraper.

I have an issue where XBMC is listing some movie genres twice, with different films in each. I checked the SQLite db and it appears that the duplicates have a space at the beginning of the name ie. I have "Comedy" and " Comedy". Is there an easy way to fix this?

Thanks.

If you have an example film that you can reproduce this with, please post a ticket on trac so we can look into it.

Thanks!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I've realised this is not an bug in XBMC, at least it's not the TMDB add-on that's the issue.

All of my movie folders have .nfo files in, and these were created from an old XBMC install that used the IMDB add-on for metadata. These files have genres with spaces at the beginning*, so XBMC is obviously pulling in these genres, as well as the ones it gets from TMDB. As the IMDB plugin is currently broken I can't use that instead.

I guess the best option would be to remove the IMDB genres from the database, and then re-export the .nfo files? Or should I just delete all the nfo files and re-import all the movies, so it only uses the data from TMDB?

* Of course, there could be a bug in the IMDB add-on, but as this was an old install it may well be fixed by now (and I can't test anyway). If this information is useful to anyone: every genre and actor name, except the first, has a space at the start of the name.
You should be able to fix it in the database pretty easily:

select strGenre from genre where strGenre like ' %';

should return the rows with a space at the beginning, then:

update genre set strGenre=substr(strGenre,2) where strGenre like ' %';

should do the trick to update 'em all.

Then re-export to update your .nfo files.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Will that not still give me duplicates? As there will still be two records in the DB called "Comedy" etc.
It will if there's two records, yes. That's a bit harder to figure out the sql...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Duplicate" movie genres with space at start of name0