Is teletext subtitle working?
Hi,
I just wonder if teletext subtitles (close caption) works? I've tried Tvheadend and there it works. But Im can not get it to work with VDR. The same goes for recordings made from VDR.

/Pickitup
Do you get teletext at all?
no teletex at all. I maight have an to old vdr-plugin. Has it change the latest month or two (dont remember when i install the plugin)?

/pickitup
Yes, it is heavily under development. I fixed teletext a couple of weeks ago. You have to make sure that the server plugin is in sync wit the XBMC addon.
Now I have test with latest beta3 from https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/...ba-testing I also compiled a new vdr plugin and this is the result:
Teletext is working on channels without teletext subtitels, on channels that should have teletext subtitels I only get the text '100' in the upper left corner. I cant change or chose subtitle in xbmcś context menu. It only says none there.

Is this normal behavior?

/pickitup

AFAIK teletext subtitles don't show up in the subtitles menu. You need to bring up teletext and chose the subtitle page. What channels you are referring to? Are those FTA on ASTRA?
ok, then i do understand.
But generally this is not how it use to work. If you take VDR as an exemple. With teletext subtitle plugin enabled, you dont need to worry about teletex and to chose the right page etc. The subtitle just appear when changing channel, and it is not the font from teletext but the general subtitle font. The same goes for all dvb-* recivers sold here, even with the old analog system. Today broadcast companys uses DVB subtitels, but not in nordic countrys (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finnland) and i think in Australia and New Zealand and some other countrys. Here it is old teletext subtiles on SD chanels. On HD channels they use dvb subtitles, which is working great in xbmc.

I referenced to Tvheadend earlier because there it works as it should. I just need to change channel to one with subtitles and it appear, I can even change subtitle to other language then my own(swedish). I'm not to found of tvheadend, and uses VDR for the latest 4 years. I would love to see this 'feature' in XBMC!

The channels I tested on is on Thor 0.8w and terrestrial, and are pay channels.

/pickitup
Will have a closer look into this but need to finish some other work before.
no problem, take your time, itś just a wish!

/pickitup
I am also waiting for the same feature,
Ideally teletext subs should appear in the subtitles menu be good looking and autoselected according to your language preferences.
The vdr teletext plugin http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projec...repository is able to detect which teletext pages are subtitles and what language they are.Its also able to come up with a text-based representation of the subs (in contrast to xbmc which seems to overlay a teletext image).
If i had to guess id say its pretty portable code and worth 'stealing' as iirc its based on a dreambox plugin that does the same.
Also consider the many quirks in handling ttxt subtitles....
Teletext subs need to parsed out and encapsulated into a DVD subtitles stream. No rocket science, just a matter of time.
Currently am working on timeshift. In order to get this implemented properly I have almost re-written the entire plugin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is teletext subtitle working?0