channel change does not work
hi all,

i've noticed that pvr has a new option 'confirm channel switches by pressing OK'.
i use dutch language but this sentence is not translated.

now my issue...

whether or not this option is on or off, in both cases changing a channel by pressing numbers on my remote does not work.
when i press a new channel number the keypad pops up with the correct number displayed, but stays there until i press 'OK'

It seems to me that the option mentioned above does not work.

can't reproduce your issue - working fine for me. If "confirm channel switches by pressing OK" is set, I need to confirm - if not, my configured delay time is used. Have you checked if your configured delay might be a little to high? Try something like 500 or 1000.
I have the same behavior, have to press ok to change channel (openelec frodo beta 2)
i'm also on frodo b2 (ubuntu)
I can confirm this too. I am on XBMC beta 1 XVBA.
Before beta 1 it did work.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
can't reproduce with the current HEAD
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Didnt say but i'm on openelec beta 2
I have tried openelec beta 3 and xbmc-xvba
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
i've tried beta 3 xbmc-xvba also:

2:12.0~git20121208.1400-beta3-0precise

and it doesn't work.

edit:
i've also suddenly lost connection to the pvr database, i cant watch tv with this version (yet hopefully)
solved.
by upgrading xbmc the ip address in the pvr tvheadend plugin reset to 127.0.0.1, that's why i lost connection to my tvheadend server.

channel change does contain a bug.
i had the channel change delay timer set to 0, which you want because it ensures fastest channel change times.
but setting it to 0 means that when one uses the numeric keys the numpad remains on screen.
setting the switch delay to e.g. 500 ms will cause a delay when changing channels both when using ch+/- and numeric keys.
this is not correct i think.
what you want is a small delay when using the numeric keys because you need it when entering double digits
and no delay (or a seperate delay) when using up/down to channel change

the two delays shouldn't be linked.
as replied in the topic you created for this: don't think this justifies another guisetting
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
but how does one disable the delay when using up/down to switch channel while maintaining it when using the numeric keys?
when setting this delay timer to 0 the numeric pad stays on the screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
channel change does not work0