Concurrently watching channels on two clients
Hi there,

this is my first post in this forum. I'm a long time user of Mediaportal (starting with 0.0.1.2 I think ...) and recently started to try out xbmc for my RPi.

I have two general questions regarding the XBMC-MP-integration and could not find the answers here in the forum. Maybe someone can help:

1. When I tune the RPi to a channel that is currently watched on another (native MP-) client, timeshifting does not start at the current moment in time. Instead, it starts at the time when timeshifting on the other client started.
2. When another channel is watched on another client, I cannot switch the RPi to another channel although I have a twin tuner card (DD Cine V5) in my MP server.

To summarize things: I can only watch the channel that is already being watched on the other client and timeshifting does not start at the current point in time but at the time when timeshifting was started on the other client.

What am I doing wrong?

Im using the latest server plugin on an MP 1.2.3 server (Win7-32) and tried several raspbmc and openelec images including the latest images.

Regards
BartManson
(2012-12-03, 11:42)bartmanson Wrote: 1. When I tune the RPi to a channel that is currently watched on another (native MP-) client, timeshifting does not start at the current moment in time. Instead, it starts at the time when timeshifting on the other client started

I have the exact same problem. I never really looked for a solution though, as i only have one xbmc client and 3 MP clients. The xbmc client is rarely used...
Same issue, not sure how to fix.
Known issue. Needs some changes in both the TVServerXBMC plugin and the MediaPortal pvr addon. I'm working on this but don't expect a fix before Frodo is released.
The addon should jump to the end of the timeshift buffer not only on a channel switch but also on a newly opened channel.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Concurrently watching channels on two clients0