Frodo Beta 2 Issues
Please post Debug Log s with any reports. They're basically useless otherwise.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-12-04, 01:35)fwookster Wrote: - movies or some of them are really laggy. Over 720p they are almost unplayable a lot of them. I'm trying to narrow down the details of the movie, codecs etc.
Are you using WASAPI or DirectSound as audio output. There are a lot of people who get video stuttering with WASAPI.
(2012-12-04, 01:35)fwookster Wrote: - still losing sound with no device detected errors. Tried changing sound provider etc. I'm trying to narrow this down.
See previous comment.
(2012-12-04, 01:35)fwookster Wrote: - xbmc remote is not compatible. I don't want to run xbmc on my android, I like the old way but that android app has not seen updates and doesn't know anything about frodo.
freezy3k, the official author of the android remote, is working on Frodo support.

(2012-12-04, 01:35)fwookster Wrote: - does it need codecs, natively can it play avi, mp4, mkv etc?
- what codec pack on windows do you recommend?
You don't need any codecs installed on your computer. That's one of the huge advantages of XBMC over most other media players on windows.
(2012-12-04, 01:35)fwookster Wrote: - should i increase to 8gb, will it make a difference?
Shouldn't make a difference. If I try really really hard I get XBMC to 500 MB of RAM for a few seconds and then it drops back down to 100 MB.
(2012-12-04, 01:35)fwookster Wrote: - is there any sort of log for xbmc where we can see where thresholds are maybe being crossed (re: choppy movies)
See Debug log (wiki).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
hello, i'll try to report the best I can the problems I encounter on windows 7 32 bits with different skins ( confluence, aeon nox 4 frodo, refocus big and black latest jewelSmile

first here is my log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=17701

I have several problem since frodo ( with a clean install,many clean install for that matterSmile
-cpu usage rise up to 100% at start up without dropping unless I open program manager "alt tab" to switch to it then come back to xbmc, only then cpu usage get back to normal, with some help I try several advanced setting but no results, I don't specially blame xbmc for this maybe it's my computer but I change nothing to my config though windows 7 did update...

-my fanart are messed up, did try to redownload them with artwork downloader but, well, nothing change...

-can't connect to internet whatever the internet interface I choose, and this is not a firewall problem, I can use my other add on to go on internet or access my video with my xbox 360 :

I hope I did report right and that it's useful to you

log again: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=17701

thanks you

then my parameters:

(2012-12-04, 04:43)Crotia Wrote: My TV posters (I think thats what its called, its the size/shape/orientation of a DVD cover) are all blank - not sure if there's an easy fix

well I did have the same problem when cpu usage is 100%

I must add that I have a pretty good pc ( i5 3gb ram and ati 6900 video adaptator, I know their could be a problem with ati drivers,but I use "old" ones that work well with eden)

anyway I hope I did this right and it's useful, tell me if I miss something!
Concerning the webserver not starting, try to set a different port than 80 (which might already be in use by something else or is generally blocked by routers/firewalls. I often use 8080. So change the port to something else than 80 and then try to start the webserver again.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
yes it works! "bonjour" was using 80...silly me...
thanks you!
I am not able to find the slideshow screensaver when i go to Settings > Appearance > Screensaver > and select get more in the dialog box. In fact I don't see any screensavers listed there. What am I missing?
I am new to the forums but have been using XBMC since Frodo beta 1 was released. Since upgrading to Beta 2 I cannot watch my movie library (1080p, 18000kps encodes). Beta 1 played them fine. I will submit a log when I get home but just wanted to get it out there, here is my system:

Win 7 64bit
ASRock FM2A75M-ITX Socket FM2 AMD A75 FCH (Hudson-D3) Chipset
2 x 4GB Kingston Hyper X Genesis Ram
AMD A6-5400K (65W) Dual-Core Socket FM2, 3.6GHz APU, 1Mb Cache, 32nm
64 GB solid state drive
Cool

(2012-12-04, 04:43)Crotia Wrote: My TV posters (I think thats what its called, its the size/shape/orientation of a DVD cover) are all blank - not sure if there's an easy fix

I guess this isn't a common issue then?
Is the audio language preference working for you guys? I have set french as prefered language in system > international setting. But my movies still start in english DTS even if there is french AC-3 available.

XBMC prefered audio is french, gui language is english, movies are in .m2ts and raw blu ray folder format.

Is there a way to reset the "set as default setting for all videos" in case this would be overwritting the international setting? I did delete my userdata folder, which is where I think this is stored.

Thanks!
I just fresh installed frodo Beta 2 today, only issues I encountered is no sound. I tried all audio settings options but still no go. I went back to Eden 11 version and my sound just works fine. Anyone else noticed this issue? I really like the Frodo because I did not get any " xbmc not responding " errors..
(2012-12-04, 17:06)Crotia Wrote:

I guess this isn't a common issue then?

which theme are you using, I'm assuming you're using the Aeox Nox theme.

From the Theme FAQ

Q. I’ve installed Nox 4 but my artwork isn’t displayed?

Apart from the initial caching of art performed in Frodo, the way XBMC supports multiple image types has changed as well. See here for more information http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142589

You will need to install the latest version of artwork downloader from repo to display logos, landscape thumbs, posters etc.

Once you run AD over your library the available art for individual movies and tv shows can be selected via the “choose art” option from the info panel for Movies and TV Shows.

Note: Locally saved logo’s not available from fanart.tv won’t be picked up and displayed. To do that, refer here for a different version of AD http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1249529

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2012-12-04, 19:50)x-cimo Wrote: Is the audio language preference working for you guys? I have set french as prefered language in system > international setting. But my movies still start in english DTS even if there is french AC-3 available.

XBMC prefered audio is french, gui language is english, movies are in .m2ts and raw blu ray folder format.

Is there a way to reset the "set as default setting for all videos" in case this would be overwritting the international setting? I did delete my userdata folder, which is where I think this is stored.

Thanks!

No need to re-post just because you didn't get a response within 13 hours. The prefered audio stream language functionality works fine for me but I only have MKVs to test. Furthermore if you've already watched those videos in xbmc it remembers the streams you watched last time and will use those independent of what you set as preferred audio language.
Sorry for double post for some reason I couldn't find my first post.

What need to be deleted for theses preferances to be forgotten? (if i applied the setting as default for all).

I will do more test tonight
It can only be deleted directly in the video database i.e. in MyVideos75.db in the "settings" table. What I did for testing purposes was to just clean the whole table.
(2012-12-04, 09:30)Montellese Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 01:35)fwookster Wrote: - movies or some of them are really laggy. Over 720p they are almost unplayable a lot of them. I'm trying to narrow down the details of the movie, codecs etc.
Are you using WASAPI or DirectSound as audio output. There are a lot of people who get video stuttering with WASAPI.
(2012-12-04, 01:35)fwookster Wrote: - still losing sound with no device detected errors. Tried changing sound provider etc. I'm trying to narrow this down.
See previous comment.
(2012-12-04, 01:35)fwookster Wrote: - xbmc remote is not compatible. I don't want to run xbmc on my android, I like the old way but that android app has not seen updates and doesn't know anything about frodo.
freezy3k, the official author of the android remote, is working on Frodo support.

(2012-12-04, 01:35)fwookster Wrote: - does it need codecs, natively can it play avi, mp4, mkv etc?
- what codec pack on windows do you recommend?
You don't need any codecs installed on your computer. That's one of the huge advantages of XBMC over most other media players on windows.
(2012-12-04, 01:35)fwookster Wrote: - should i increase to 8gb, will it make a difference?
Shouldn't make a difference. If I try really really hard I get XBMC to 500 MB of RAM for a few seconds and then it drops back down to 100 MB.
(2012-12-04, 01:35)fwookster Wrote: - is there any sort of log for xbmc where we can see where thresholds are maybe being crossed (re: choppy movies)
See Debug log (wiki).

Thanks very much for the answers and other help. You might be right, on eden it was set to DS and I might have overlooked that but isn't the default DS in Frodo?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Beta 2 Issues0