Frodo Beta 2 Issues
I have a problem where if I leave XMBC alone, not playing any files for a while the entire pc shuts down. I already checked power management settings on both the computer and XBMC and I can't figure it out. Didn't have any problems with Eden so I'm assuming it's a bug in Frodo Beta 2. If I'm playing something, and/or a file is paused there is no problem. I'm running Frodo Beta 2 on Windows 7 64 bit.
The Debug Log after it shuts down will likely tell you exactly what the issue is.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Here's the debug log for the video issue when using WASAPI sound. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=18043.

Again, there was no issue with Beta 1. With Beta 2, my videos stutter to a halt. 1-5fps.

I've had several other issues with Beta 2. For one.. when I come back from the Slideshow screensaver the menu is frozen... my remote / keyboard is unresponsive. I'll post another debug log when that occurs.
And here's a log for the TubeToTV failing. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=18056. Again, no issue with Beta 1. Beta 2 won't play the videos sent from Youtube. You can see it being sent at around line 6823 of the log.
i'd like to add that Frodo is awesome and blazingly fast! Getting 1080 playback on Frodo when my computer couldn't handle it with Eden.
(2012-12-05, 06:12)theagent Wrote: Here's the debug log for the video issue when using WASAPI sound. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=18043.

Again, there was no issue with Beta 1. With Beta 2, my videos stutter to a halt. 1-5fps.

I've had several other issues with Beta 2. For one.. when I come back from the Slideshow screensaver the menu is frozen... my remote / keyboard is unresponsive. I'll post another debug log when that occurs.
Until a developer can chime in, I've had a look the debug log from my amateur view point.

To me it appears XBMC is trying to use the WASAPI - Headphones out and that the files you are trying to playback are AC3 which the driver for the Headphones out does not support. The Headphones out only supports LPCM formats so you need all the "capable receiver" settings unselected so XBMC decodes to LPCM.

Can you post a screenshot from XBMC of your Settings -> System -> Audio Output

I notice you have a HDMI connection, any reason you are not using this?

There does appear also to be a problem with the HDMI in that the driver is reporting only AC3 & PCM capabilities, so there could be an OS level issue with the HDMI.

To help people experiencing audio issues with Frodo I've create the following thread [Windows] How To Trouble Shoot Audio (from Frodo)
(2012-12-04, 16:19)haiiyaa Wrote: I am not able to find the slideshow screensaver when i go to Settings > Appearance > Screensaver > and select get more in the dialog box. In fact I don't see any screensavers listed there. What am I missing?

Ok, for some reason now the slideshow addon is there today! And it is working. But now I notice that I cannot view the music information when the slideshow is on. On eden there was a way to switch on the current song playing information while the slideshow is on. But now that is not working.

I know it's a small thing, but in the end it's about the small things!!!!
What is the name of the slideshow addon and what category is it under? I can't find it...
(2012-12-05, 19:17)StinDaWg Wrote: What is the name of the slideshow addon and what category is it under? I can't find it...
To see the slideshow go to System Settings > Appearance > Screensaver and select 'Screensaver mode'. In the dialog box select 'Get More...'. You should see the add on here.
(2012-12-05, 12:44)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2012-12-05, 06:12)theagent Wrote: Here's the debug log for the video issue when using WASAPI sound. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=18043.

Until a developer can chime in, I've had a look the debug log from my amateur view point.

To me it appears XBMC is trying to use the WASAPI - Headphones out and that the files you are trying to playback are AC3 which the driver for the Headphones out does not support. The Headphones out only supports LPCM formats so you need all the "capable receiver" settings unselected so XBMC decodes to LPCM.

There does appear also to be a problem with the HDMI in that the driver is reporting only AC3 & PCM capabilities, so there could be an OS level issue with the HDMI.

To help people experiencing audio issues with Frodo I've create the following thread [Windows] How To Trouble Shoot Audio (from Frodo)

I have been using WASAPI out with all previous releases without issue, including Beta 1. I just started having problems with Beta 2. It doesn't matter whether it's Headphone out or HDMI out. If I use WASAPI the videos stutter tremendously. I can use DirectSound and the videos are fine, but I prefer WASAPI. It sounds better, and the levels are better. To answer your question as to why I use Headphone out... I use headphones during the night so as to not disturb my family and neighbors.
(2012-12-05, 00:05)Montellese Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 19:50)x-cimo Wrote: Is the audio language preference working for you guys? I have set french as prefered language in system > international setting. But my movies still start in english DTS even if there is french AC-3 available.

XBMC prefered audio is french, gui language is english, movies are in .m2ts and raw blu ray folder format.

Is there a way to reset the "set as default setting for all videos" in case this would be overwritting the international setting? I did delete my userdata folder, which is where I think this is stored.

Thanks!

No need to re-post just because you didn't get a response within 13 hours. The prefered audio stream language functionality works fine for me but I only have MKVs to test. Furthermore if you've already watched those videos in xbmc it remembers the streams you watched last time and will use those independent of what you set as preferred audio language.

Hello Montellese, I did more test reguarding the prefered audio stream.

I started fresh by deleting the whole userdata folder (where the .db etc are).

Started XBMC and everything was vanilla, I then when in the international setting and choosed French as the prefered audio stream.

I then when and added my movie library through SMB:\\

When the library import finished, I went ahead and started to play a few of my movies.

In most cases the audio was English DTS.

An example of that is Madagascar 3, it came by default with:
English 8 channels (2/4),

When looking at other available stream there was:
French AC3 5.1 (1/4)
AC3 5.1 (3/4)
English AC3 5.1 (4/4) (that one is english with comments)

I tried Battleship, and Hop and they all came up in english.

A few with only 2 stream available with French as 1/2 and English as 2/2 came up fine and started playing in french.

Is there anything I can do to help you figure it out?

Secondly, it appear that the subtitle option is ON by default for all movies, the only way I found to disable it, is to turn if off and then apply that as the default for all video, however I am wondering if this would also apply everything else in the screen such as the audio stream. (Just to clarify I did not touch that when testing the stuff above).

Thank you

EDIT: I created a debug log here are the interesting parts, basically french (fra = francais) is #0:1, and it opens the audio stream #2:

23:39:58 T:3268 INFO: ffmpeg[CC4]: Input #0, mpegts, from 'smb://ZZZZZZZZZZ.M2TS':
23:39:58 T:3268 INFO: ffmpeg[CC4]: Duration: 01:15:03.95, start: 599.958300, bitrate: 38422 kb/s
23:39:58 T:3268 INFO: ffmpeg[CC4]: Program 1
23:39:58 T:3268 INFO: ffmpeg[CC4]: Stream #0:0[0x1011]: Video: h264 (High) ([27][0][0][0] / 0x001B), yuv420p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 90k tbn, 47.95 tbc
23:39:58 T:3268 INFO: ffmpeg[CC4]: Stream #0:1[0x1100](fra): Audio: ac3 (AC-3 / 0x332D4341), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), s16, 640 kb/s
23:39:58 T:3268 INFO: ffmpeg[CC4]: Stream #0:2[0x1101](eng): Audio: dts (DTS-HD MA) ([134][0][0][0] / 0x0086), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), s16, 1536 kb/s
23:39:58 T:3268 NOTICE: Opening video stream: 0 source: 256
23:39:58 T:3268 NOTICE: Creating video codec with codec id: 28
23:39:58 T:3268 DEBUG: CDVDFactoryCodec: compiled in hardware support: CrystalHD:yes DXVA:yes
23:39:58 T:3268 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: - Opening
23:39:58 T:3268 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
23:39:58 T:3268 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: ff-h264 - Opened
23:39:58 T:3268 NOTICE: Creating video thread
23:39:58 T:3268 NOTICE: Opening audio stream: 2 source: 256
23:39:58 T:3268 NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 86020
23:39:58 T:3268 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: FFmpeg - Opening

(2012-12-06, 06:05)theagent Wrote:
(2012-12-05, 12:44)jjd-uk Wrote:

I have been using WASAPI out with all previous releases without issue, including Beta 1. I just started having problems with Beta 2. It doesn't matter whether it's Headphone out or HDMI out. If I use WASAPI the videos stutter tremendously. I can use DirectSound and the videos are fine, but I prefer WASAPI. It sounds better, and the levels are better. To answer your question as to why I use Headphone out... I use headphones during the night so as to not disturb my family and neighbors.

The log indicates your speaker layout when using headphones is 2.1 - try 2.0
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I m having an issue, it is cosmetic but annoying. In Eden when I had watched an episode of a show, or a movie, on 1channel it would be marked as watched and had a checkmark. Now the parent folder of the shows are all check marked but the episodes are not, and even those with new unmatched episodes had the parent folder check marked, I have tried marking these folders as unwatched but no no avail, I have. Tried marking episode as watched also to no avail.

Windows 7 Frodo beta 1
(2012-12-06, 06:23)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-12-06, 06:05)theagent Wrote:
(2012-12-05, 12:44)jjd-uk Wrote: Until a developer can chime in, I've had a look the debug log from my amateur view point.

The log indicates your speaker layout when using headphones is 2.1 - try 2.0

Wow, I cannot believe I missed that. I tried every setting there, and skipped right past that. Don't I feel sheepish! That fixed it. Thank you. I actually just uninstalled it completely and deleted everything just now. Thought I'd start factory fresh, so I can be sure there aren't any addons or settings causing my other problems. It's been crashing regularly for me with Beta 1 and 2. But I have a feeling it's actually the Slideshow screensaver having issues. The crash always occurs after I've resumed from the slideshow, then let it sit idle until the slideshow kicks in again. It'll typically crash then. The other issue with it freezing, where the remote / keyboard do nothing, but I hear the menu sounds, I have a feeling that too is caused by the slideshow screensaver. I'll have to leave debug on all day tomorrow until it happens again. Anyway, thanks again.
Still having an issue with Youtube videos using TubeToTV however. Again, no issue with Beta 1 using TubeToTV, and now my settings are cleared, so it can't be a settings issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Beta 2 Issues0