Frodo Beta 2 Issues
@theagent - we're all human Tongue

Glad to hear it's all good.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-12-06, 06:17)x-cimo Wrote: In most cases the audio was English DTS.

An example of that is Madagascar 3, it came by default with:
English 8 channels (2/4),

When looking at other available stream there was:
French AC3 5.1 (1/4)
AC3 5.1 (3/4)
English AC3 5.1 (4/4) (that one is english with comments)

I tried Battleship, and Hop and they all came up in english.

A few with only 2 stream available with French as 1/2 and English as 2/2 came up fine and started playing in french.

Is there anything I can do to help you figure it out?
What's the container of these video files? I only have MKVs so that's all I can test.

(2012-12-06, 06:17)x-cimo Wrote: Secondly, it appear that the subtitle option is ON by default for all movies, the only way I found to disable it, is to turn if off and then apply that as the default for all video, however I am wondering if this would also apply everything else in the screen such as the audio stream. (Just to clarify I did not touch that when testing the stuff above).
Yup that's the default behaviour. Saving the settings as default for all videos does not affect audio streams and subtitle streams.

EDIT: I just remembered something. The problem might be that for french there are two ways to specify the language in three-char-code: "fre" and "fra". Maybe XBMC is only looking for "fre" and therefore doesn't match the "fra" in your video container.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2012-12-06, 17:39)Montellese Wrote:
(2012-12-06, 06:17)x-cimo Wrote: In most cases the audio was English DTS.

An example of that is Madagascar 3, it came by default with:
English 8 channels (2/4),

When looking at other available stream there was:
French AC3 5.1 (1/4)
AC3 5.1 (3/4)
English AC3 5.1 (4/4) (that one is english with comments)

I tried Battleship, and Hop and they all came up in english.

A few with only 2 stream available with French as 1/2 and English as 2/2 came up fine and started playing in french.

Is there anything I can do to help you figure it out?
What's the container of these video files? I only have MKVs so that's all I can test.

(2012-12-06, 06:17)x-cimo Wrote: Secondly, it appear that the subtitle option is ON by default for all movies, the only way I found to disable it, is to turn if off and then apply that as the default for all video, however I am wondering if this would also apply everything else in the screen such as the audio stream. (Just to clarify I did not touch that when testing the stuff above).
Yup that's the default behaviour. Saving the settings as default for all videos does not affect audio streams and subtitle streams.

EDIT: I just remembered something. The problem might be that for french there are two ways to specify the language in three-char-code: "fre" and "fra". Maybe XBMC is only looking for "fre" and therefore doesn't match the "fra" in your video container.

All my movies are either in .M2TS or Blu-ray folder format, it would make a lot of sense if it was not finding "fra" to be french, as ffmpeg report the stream as "fra".

Can you investigate that?, let me know if I can help

Also, reguarding: "Yup that's the default behaviour. Saving the settings as default for all videos does not affect audio streams and subtitle streams.

Subtitle (on/off) is actually in the audio setting, I was wondering if saving the audio setting as default for all video would only affect what was changed (the subtitle flag) or if it would also make the other options (that were not changed) default. An example of that would be playing a movie, going in audio options, it would show i.e Spanish as audio language (default), and various other options, you turn off the subtitle, and apply the change as default for all.

Would now all movie have subtitle turn off, but also try to play the Spanish audio stream? (that would be unwanted..)

Thanks again
(2012-12-06, 20:10)x-cimo Wrote: All my movies are either in .M2TS or Blu-ray folder format, it would make a lot of sense if it was not finding "fra" to be french, as ffmpeg report the stream as "fra".

Can you investigate that?, let me know if I can help
I already know that the language comparison logic is flawed especially as not all operating systems follow the same standard Confused

(2012-12-06, 20:10)x-cimo Wrote: Also, reguarding: "Yup that's the default behaviour. Saving the settings as default for all videos does not affect audio streams and subtitle streams.

Subtitle (on/off) is actually in the audio setting, I was wondering if saving the audio setting as default for all video would only affect what was changed (the subtitle flag) or if it would also make the other options (that were not changed) default. An example of that would be playing a movie, going in audio options, it would show i.e Spanish as audio language (default), and various other options, you turn off the subtitle, and apply the change as default for all.

Would now all movie have subtitle turn off, but also try to play the Spanish audio stream? (that would be unwanted..)
As I already said the actual audio stream and subtitle stream are not saved (because they can vary a lot from video file to video file), it only saves the other settings like subtitles on/off because those can be applied to all video files.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks that's very clear!

Hopefully you can do some magic regarding my "fra" issue. Sad

Take care
I am not sure if this a direct result of Beta 2 but on many instances I will get a crackling sound or what sounds like a dropped audio packet when watching movies. My files are .mkv with no compression and are either DTS HD or Dolby TrueHD. Is anyone else noticing this? Also running HDMI via WASAPI.
Thanks,
(2012-12-06, 23:10)911gt2 Wrote: I am not sure if this a direct result of Beta 2 but on many instances I will get a crackling sound or what sounds like a dropped audio packet when watching movies. My files are .mkv with no compression and are either DTS HD or Dolby TrueHD. Is anyone else noticing this? Also running HDMI via WASAPI.
Thanks,

Are you using Sync to Display or other options? Would not recommend for HD audio formats. Post a Debug Log if this is not the case.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I don't think I am using sync to display but I am using the setting to sync content (could you confirm what's the best setting?) Also I updated with last nights daily and seems the problem is resolved.
Thanks,
@911gt2 - glad to hear it. Personally I don't use either of the sync options which basically means the audio clock drives everything. If you are not having issues with frame drops or lip sync I would leave them disabled. Some folks enable them so 24p content isn't played back at 60hz and they're sensitive to the frame timing issues if it is. Start with those disabled and experiment from there Smile
Thanks DDDamian, I greatly appreciate your feedback. One other quick question, if my PJ is set to 60fps and the movie content is at 24fps will the PJ match the source or how do they sync up? I believe when I had everything disabled I had a lot of jitter and you could notice the picture was not very smooth. The good news it looks good now but I am always willing to tinker and squeeze performance where possible.
@911gt2 - can of worms time Tongue

I personally don't see any issues with 24p at 60hz but that's me and my equipment. For kicks sometimes I'll sync to the refresh rate and not really notice. But for many many users here it's a huge factor, whether for equipment or sensitivity reasons. My guess is the bigger the screen and the more sensitive you are to video panning effects the more you'll notice it. Experiment with what works best for you - there is no wrong answer Smile
1. I have several self recorded bluray discs... none of them are recognized. I have to quit XBMC put in the disc and then restart XBMC so disc can be read.

2. Audio output is not recognized correctly... i had to switch to hdmi output manually.
Ever since updating to Frodo Beta 2 (10 minutes ago), I'm getting huge lag and stutter when operating inside and outside of XBMC. Even when working on my desktop, my mouse has a huge lag and it is very choppy. I'm guessing this might be a driver issue but I have no idea where to start?
@Lazar - there is no auto-selection for the audio - you can set it to any driver/device you choose from the available list.
I also have the same issue with the slideshow screensaver. Everything works fine with the black or dim.screensavers. If I am on the home screen and the screensaver kicks in, when I resume from screensaver I am locked out. Everything is still running but I have no remote control and my main menu is not highlighted. This only started with beta 2 and the new slideshow screensaver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Beta 2 Issues0