Win HTPC, soundcard not selectable
Hello

I recently bought a new receiver and i want to use it with my HTPC. The graphic card is a ATI 6750 with HDMI 1.4a.
The HTPC is connected to the AVR. I can see the picture from the HTPC trough the AVR.
So i assume cable is ok and everything is connected fine.
But i can not find the soundcard from the ATI in the system control. So i'm not able to choose HDMI output
in XBMC.
I updated the driver from the ATI card and made some reboots but the soundcard is still missing.
Any hints how to solve this issue?
You might want to check the setup menu on your AVR to ensure that the port selected for HDMI video is also set to get audio over HDMI and not some other audio input......

Maybe for some reason the exclusive mode is un-checked Windows control panel. It's usually checked by default......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thx. But with the same input and a PS3 connected i'm able to play sound. So i guess the receiver is setup correctly.

I'm not able to change the properties because the virtual sound card (in my case Denon 4520) doesn't appear in the windows control panel.
I have a xonar sound card and a sound card from the mainboard but no receiver sound card. The device manager shows no issues.

I started testing this evening. At the very first try windows 7 recognized the receiver and i was able to play some test files through HDMI. I could change the properties
and windows showed me all the supported formats like DTS-HD and so on.
I had to reboot the htpc because of a network issue. After that the receiver sound card disappeared and never came back.
So i guess something happened in windows 7.

Any more ideas?

Have you update the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect ?

If you have CEC enabled on AVR, you can try to disable it.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC, soundcard not selectable0