TV Tuner - Channel scan only finds ABC (Australia).
Hi all,

I'm new to the HTPC world and recently built a system with a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Tuner card.(http://bit.ly/Vh56Cn) I'm using NextPVR as the backend PVR which is working as expected (as far as I can tell). Unfortunately, when scanning for channels (I'm in Australia), only ABC channels show up (ie. ABC 1,2,3,4, 24). No other channels show up in the scan.

The same occurs with Window Media Center, however WMC finds SBS1 HD.

What am I doing wrong? I'm assuming I should be running a digital scan (vs. analogue)?

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
Circling back on this, I was able to find the rest of the channels. For whatever reason, when searching for channels in my "Region" it would only find a portion of the channels. When searching "All Regions", they all came up as expected.

If there's any feedback I could give, it would be to push "All Regions" to the top of the picklist, instead of alphabetized, as I only stumbled across it accidentally.
I think when you select a region most TV software refers to a list of frequencies to scan that are used in that area to save time, but of course if these frequencies are wrong then there's trouble.
Check some other nearby regions, since maybe you are closer to the transmitters for one than you think. I live in Sydney and there are three different transmitters with completely different frequencies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Tuner - Channel scan only finds ABC (Australia).0