Buffering and locking up
Hi I've been running openelec on my 256mb pi and all works apart from buffering and the occasional lock up. Basically I have a Mkv encoded with avc(level 4.1) and it plays fine untill around 20 mins then it will freeze and I have to wait about 1 minute then the pi becomes responsive again. As well as this every 5 mins or so I get a slight pause and then it carries on.

I have my pi passing the audio to my Av receiver so no audio is being decoded. I had turbo mode set to high but am now trying overclock without turbo but still get the same issue. My power supply is 4A so no worries there and the voltage across tp1 and tp2 is 5.05V. This is running from my NAS on a wired connection , which my wdtv works fine on.

I have adjusted the advancedsettings.xml to increase the cache but this makes no difference. Has anyone got any advice on how I could fix this?
I tried a file on a memory stick tonight and it played fine with no buffering. So I decided to try test the network speed and im getting 81Mbps write and 66Mbps read which im sure is more than enough to play back the file. Also the test was done with SMB the Pi is using NFS which should be quicker.

Does anyone have any suggestions to where my problem could be?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering and locking up0