Solved What happened to the Neon skin on V12?
I am not able to bring up any new skins with Version 12
v12 is still in Beta 1 - the skin has not been updated for it yet. Eta is unknown at this time.
-stoli-
Neon runs almost without issue on Frodo.
I have been running the git version from passion-xbmc repository since the nightlies of Frodo started coming out.

The only noticeable issues I have seen are:

a) Sometimes the screen stays black when starting up xbmc. Pressing the home button on the remote solves this.
b) The logs show several "control asks for focus but it can't have it" type of errors, however the skin is working normally.
c) Another focus related issue: sometimes the lyrics plugin (culyrics) doesn't have focus when opening, which means you can's scroll. Opening it several times in succession fixes this. (It's a hit and run thing) This could well be a culyrics issue, I haven't tested it with confluence (but i could)
d) The DialogueExtendedProgressBar.xml is missing for this skin (shown when updating library). Adding this from another skin re-enables the dialog (although it looks horrible)

---------

Stoli,

I absolutely love your skin - especially the tvshows logo view - and so does my girlfriend (it has a high WAF), and a few friends who visited us decided to start using it themselves as well.
Seeing as XBMC Frodo is almost out - I have strong reasons to believe it will take another 3 to 4 weeks, don't ask me why - I am very willing to help you use-testing the skin, but I am not sure you are still actively developing?

Since developing a skin like this is something you do as a hobby in your own time, I understand very well how any number of reasons may have caused you to stop development at this moment.
I am not looking for major new additions to the skin (it's great the way it is !) but some minor bugfixes would be excellent.
Such that even when The Real World™ or being busy with Other Cooler Projects™ have impacted your available time, maybe it would be possible to get a version ready so it can be made available on the repositories when Frodo comes out in 3-4 weeks?
It's just that Neon looks great and runs amazing on my ION2 device (shuttle xs35gtv2) and I would love to see it supported. I am willing to help as much as possible - I am even considering figuring out how to develop using git and ' forking your branch' as the terminology seems to be Tongue
I installed this
ttp://passion-xbmc.org/addons/Download.php/repository.passion.xbmc.org.frodo/repository.passion.xbmc.org.frodo-3.0.0.zip
on v12 and got the neon skin and when i tried it on my other PC it did not work.i get (the dependencies not met) what does this mean?

Thanks for any help
(2012-12-11, 02:21)vid53 Wrote: I installed this
ttp://passion-xbmc.org/addons/Download.php/repository.passion.xbmc.org.frodo/repository.passion.xbmc.org.frodo-3.0.0.zip
on v12 and got the neon skin and when i tried it on my other PC it did not work.i get (the dependencies not met) what does this mean?

Thanks for any help

most likely due to this dependency in addon.xml:
Code:
<import addon="script.randomitems" version="1.0.3"/>

there's no randomitems script anymore for frodo
and skins need to remove their dependency on it.

@Kibje: great to see someone has picked up the task of updating Neon to Frodo.
if you haven't already seen it, there's a list of needed changes here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126502

should you bump into any issues, feel free to ask for help in the skin development forum.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@ronie

. . it seems you know your way around skinning Smile . . . any chance you could have a crack at updating neon? (thats if stoli hasn't got time)

as Kibje points out neon is a greatly appreciated skin, it woud be good to have it working well with frodo . .

off topic: Just thought of a working title for a beta of neon . . . . 'Baggins' Big Grin
(2012-12-11, 12:18)m-o-r-g Wrote: @ronie

. . it seems you know your way around skinning Smile . . . any chance you could have a crack at updating neon? (thats if stoli hasn't got time)

heh, that wasn't my intention, really.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I should have it all updated before the end of the year...
-stoli-
(2012-12-11, 22:57)stoli Wrote: I should have it all updated before the end of the year...

Thanks Stoli, this is great news. Will the Movie set feature be implemented in the Frodo version of Neon?

Thanks Stoli. Do you have a look at my >mods<?
I jump ship for Aeon Nox a while back so I reloaded Neon and it is like seeing a old friend. Nice to see skin is still being worked on. Neon is also a light skin compare to Aeon these are the only 2 skins I would use.
Hi Stoli,

If you could please add custom main menu sub items in the frodo release it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
(2012-12-11, 22:57)stoli Wrote: I should have it all updated before the end of the year...

This year or last year? Naa jk Wink

I love your skin to me its the only really good skin, the rest is either to heavy (MQ4 and those alike). or to messy to look at.
Neon has such a clean and esthetic look and it even has WAF effect... So my question is when do you expect Neon to be launched in a frodo compatible version?

Keep up the great work...

Best regards

Nitti
i'd have to agree, neon is the only one i can tolerate. super clean and simple. i've been on frodo for a while and most of it works without incident. just a few small issues. stoli, please advise if you're planning an update, and i'm def willing to donate. if this skin is dead i'm not sure i'd want xbmc anymore without the interface zen.
No dead, just busy... Trust me, it hinders my use as well.
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What happened to the Neon skin on V12?0