Solved What happened to the Neon skin on V12?
Is there anything we can do to assist? Smile
(2013-01-02, 14:36)Nitti Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 22:57)stoli Wrote: I should have it all updated before the end of the year...

This year or last year? Naa jk Wink

I love your skin to me its the only really good skin, the rest is either to heavy (MQ4 and those alike). or to messy to look at.
Neon has such a clean and esthetic look and it even has WAF effect... So my question is when do you expect Neon to be launched in a frodo compatible version?

Keep up the great work...

Best regards
Nitti

I agree with being heavy which causes XBMC to lock up a lot LOL. Aeon Nox 4.0 seems to run better then 3.6 on Eden. You may want to try that for the time being.
(2013-01-09, 17:18)stoli Wrote: No dead, just busy... Trust me, it hinders my use as well.
Stoli,

I am methodically going through the list of changes by ronie and updating accordingly in my github fork, Frodo branch.
I have no idea when you will be ready to continue development, but in the meanwhile I am trying to do as much work as I possibly can with my limited experience.

I hope this will save you some work.

Sincerely,

Kibje
Nice work Kibje!

If you or Stoli can add in the custom menu items drop down menu, like Aeon Nox and some others..then that would be a huge help!

Thanks
I will not look at adding functionality until it has been made completely Frodo-compatible and all the current bugs are gone.
ok thanks
Status update:

I fixed the most pressing issues with the skin under Frodo.
The extreme adventurous can download the zip from [removed] and try it out on your system.
EDIT: It is now better to use the information in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152990

Todo:

- fix a lot of invalid animation/skinning includes that seem to originate from copying parts from other skins.
(Animation_CloseZoom, InvisibleLabel, Animation_OpenCloseSlideWidget, skin_allcolors, SkinVersion, Window_OpenClose_Animation )
- fix all calls to the new skinwidgets addon (many) to get the random items working again on homescreen. (at which point i will merge the Frodo_randomitems branch back into the Frodo branch)

I initiated a pull request to stoli to include my changes in his source.
Thanks for taking on the job.

I fancy being adventurous . . . be giving it a go tomorrow

I understand when time permits . . . . but will you be doing any sort of nightly? . . so that the latest changes can be tried out?
Well, since the link I posted is to a github repository, you will download the latest version every time you press the zip button there.
You can check out the latest commits and see of enough has changed to redownload the zip.

(2013-01-16, 22:40)Kibje Wrote: Status update:

I fixed the most pressing issues with the skin under Frodo.
The extreme adventurous can download the zip from https://github.com/kibje/skin.neon/ and try it out on your system.

Todo:

- fix a lot of invalid animation/skinning includes that seem to originate from copying parts from other skins.
(Animation_CloseZoom, InvisibleLabel, Animation_OpenCloseSlideWidget, skin_allcolors, SkinVersion, Window_OpenClose_Animation )
- fix all calls to the new skinwidgets addon (many) to get the random items working again on homescreen. (at which point i will merge the Frodo_randomitems branch back into the Frodo branch)

I initiated a pull request to stoli to include my changes in his source.

Sweet .. thanks Kibje
(2012-12-14, 17:31)Steve_ Wrote: Thanks Stoli. Do you have a look at my >mods<?
Most of those mods use the Eden - now incorrect - way of referring to fanart and need to be updated for Frodo.

(2013-01-17, 18:37)m-o-r-g Wrote: Thanks for taking on the job.

I fancy being adventurous . . . be giving it a go tomorrow

I understand when time permits . . . . but will you be doing any sort of nightly? . . so that the latest changes can be tried out?

Yes! check Work in Progress Neon - XBMC v12 (Frodo)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What happened to the Neon skin on V12?0