Best Deinterlacing
(2013-10-02, 11:10)alex.ba Wrote: Hi all,

does anybody get the same bad results as me?

Thanks and Regards,

Alex
It is an issue of Intel drivers. Yes "fixed" best deinterlacing gives worse results than in software mode. One possible solution is use dxva-hd renderer.

If you are using windows7 or later. Can you try this version of the xbmc https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B42OdYa1...k4LWs/edit

Set rendering method to DXVA. Also you need add the following lines in your advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<video>
      <dxvausehdprocessor>true</dxvausehdprocessor>
</video>

If the results are better than native dxva, I'll create a PR.
Hi,

thank you very much. I really appreciate. I'll try the linked release and will let know the results latest by tomorrow.

Regards,

Alex
Hi,

sorry for the late answer. I some Problems with the system here and had to change to another mainboard. I use a haswell CPU like before and tried the release you provided.

It is indeed a lot better then before :-) I would say comparable to an AMD Grafic. Great work :-)

Will test the next days and write again but you can definitly create a PR :-)

Regards,

Alex
@alex.ba,

Thanks for your feedback.
Hi,

I also tested with a NUC system (HD4000). Same Result :-) Works great with the provided release and the advanced tweak

Regards,

Alex
i want to try the tweak also but i cant find the advancedsettings.xml
I already set render method to DXVA

Thanks in advance
@alex.ba,
Thank you. I'll create a PR at weekend.

@Mitchlw,
advancedsettings.xml should be placed into C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder. If it not exists create it! Please read the Wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml
thanks!!! it indeed works pretty good!!
i got smooth playback now BUT every now and then there seems to be some framedrops or something...a small hickup/jerkyness and after that it works fine again

what could that be?
Hi,

I did not recognized that. I have to have a closer look and will come back then.

Regards,

Alex
This works very good but sadly I get my audio out of sync as soon as I open up the EPG or bring up the GUI when playing Live-TV.
Hi,

i tested with few videos and also recognized some framedrops but ... it is not really a problem for me as it is very very rarely. Does anybody esle see that?

I have no good experience with live TV anyway so have to say that I did not test that

Regards,

Alex
Hi everybody,

just downloaded the alpha 9. This patch for intel is not yet included in this alpha release.

I it possible to include the patch beacause there will be a feature freeze soon and it would be fantastic to use the Intel System for the Gotham Release :-)

Regards,

Alex
Hi Everybody,

just wanted to ask if the patch is now included in the official path. It would be fantastic to use the Intel GPU in the next release :-)

Regards,

Alex
alex.ba,

Here you can see the status of the patch. Doesn't seem it is going to be included soon.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3589
patch was merged. nightlies since Dec 08 will include the patch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Deinterlacing 3