Add "Video" folder to Main Menu
I have a folder of Documentaries holding 1 file movie videos and multi file series, I'd like to add this to the main menu but each time I try I'm told I need to add content because its empty. I've been using the "Concert" menu changing it to "Documentaries". How do I get this done, do I need to add a new menu, if so how do I do that.

Thanks

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd just create a new Custom menu item, rather than try to take over the Concerts one... This will only give you head-aches regarding setting content type...

All I've actually done is create a smart playlist pointing to the folder all documentaries exist in, and I access it from the submenu of TV Shows/Movies or My Menu...

I'll look into the custom item and see what I come up with. There are tutorial videos at the start of the main thread...
(2012-12-05, 03:01)slandells Wrote: I'd just create a new Custom menu item, rather than try to take over the Concerts one... This will only give you head-aches regarding setting content type...

All I've actually done is create a smart playlist pointing to the folder all documentaries exist in, and I access it from the submenu of TV Shows/Movies or My Menu...

I'll look into the custom item and see what I come up with. There are tutorial videos at the start of the main thread...

Thanks, I'd appreciate it. I've looked at the tutorial but there's no detailed info on doing certain things.'

Thanks

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, just had a quick play, it's VERY easy to setup a new menu item...

The only challenge with this setup is you need to have the Documentaries folder included in your library, so it will actually show up in your TV Shows menu. This is not a limitation with the Skin, but a limitation with XBMC itself. There are workarounds for this, but essentially, it will involve you setting up additional profiles where you can setup different libraries, and basically spending too much time getting it working... (trust me, I looked into it).

The easiest way to avoid this is to create "Smart Playlists" for your TV Shows, Movies, Doco's, etc... (ie. anything in SMB://SERVER/TVSHOWS, SMB://SERVER/MOVIES, SMB://SERVER/DOCUMENTARIES respectively) You then need to add Custom VPLAYLIST items to the main menu for each of these (I've only done it with Doco's, Kids, Comedies and left these items in my main library, as I don't mind them being in both locations) and you're good to go.

To add VPLAYLISTs, you need to press 'down' twice to get to the settings menu, then go across to 'Customizations'. Once in the Customizations screen, press up so you can choose +VPLAYLIST. Select the Playlist or Smartplaylist you wish to add to the main menu (the the My Menu item, depending on preference) and then choose "Main Menu". This will add an items called Menu 1 (or Menu 2, 3, etc...) which you can then rename and sort. Select 'END' and you're back to your main menu with your additional items in it...

Nice and Easy Smile (I worked that out in about 5 minutes without instructions, so just have a play)...
Great, I'll start working on it now and post back when I'm done.

Thanks, I appreciate the help

All the tutorials are in this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136337.

#8 should help a bit, although they do go a little quick if you don't know what's going on. Between it and my instructions, you should be good to go.

P.S. Spamming every possible thread with your request isn't going to get a response any quicker, you may find it's actually slower. Just creating a new thread as you've done in this one is the bet way to go. Adding to the bottom of a thread with 260 pages may see it get skipped over...
Thanks, I recreated here because I thought the other locations was the wrong. I was unable to delete the previous post.

By the way I was able to get the playlist setup and added to the main menu.

Thanks for walking me through the process.

No wuckas, all good, glad I could help Smile

I figured you created it here last, but I noticed it when I was skipping through some other forums after I answered here Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add "Video" folder to Main Menu0