Android Official Frodo BETA and SMB Share
Hi I seem to be locked out of posting in the ANDROID section, please can a MOD move?

I have been a long time user of XBMC and started using the Android builds from XDA. I Have now moved over to the official Frodo Beta from XBMC.Org

I have an issue with SMB Shares on my Synology NAS and Android build

when adding a SMB Share to Frodo Beta 2 in Windows on my Win7 machine all works OK (as I have Shared to EVERYONE) when I add an SMB on my NAS I get the User Name and Password selection, enter the details and all is good.

when adding a SMB Share to Frodo Beta 2 in Android (on my Stock Jelly Bean Samsung Galaxy S3) all works OK.
when I try to add an SMB on my NAS I DONT get the User Name and Password selection, all I get is Connection Refused.

If I try to created a NEW Network connection to the NAS I get Connection refused,

So NAS SMB works in Windows build of Frodo but not in Android.

Anyone help me please?

The other issue I raised at XDA and is still happening on the Official Beta Build is an issue with the MENU KEY and BACK KEY Back Light, once they come on they both stay lit up all time on the Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean, on My Samsung Galaxy S1 Stock GingerBread doesn't keep the keys lit up, they go out after around 4 seconds after being pressed.

OK guys, strange but true...

I tried to access the SMB shares via windows, no problem, then I fired up my XBOX 1 with XBMC and had same issues as Android. did some messing around, and even thought the NAS showed up as a Network Device in WORKGROUP I kept getting connection refused, in the end created NEW Network Source using the NAS IP address, problem solved.

Question is, can I get my Linksys Router to act as a WINS server, so I can access the NAS by NetBios name?
Probably, but I've found NetBIOS to be finicky whenever devices that aren't Windows PCs are involved. I prefer just assigning static IPs from my router and using the IP address.
(2012-12-06, 04:33)Ned Scott Wrote: Probably, but I've found NetBIOS to be finicky whenever devices that aren't Windows PCs are involved. I prefer just assigning static IPs from my router and using the IP address.

Thanks Ned! will do, but on the Androids it would be nice to easily select the device by NetBios Name instead of having to create the Network Device each time... will play with my Router a bit more.
I am a bit confused, am I right that it is only possible to access a samba share through a 3rd party app at this moment?
I tried a direct connect to a ubuntu samba share and it didn´t work. Now I tried running andSMB in background but still xbmc doesn´t find anything in the mounted path.
Hmm?

EDIT: tried this on a mi-tech 10" btw
SMB should work directly in XBMC for Android.
Ah I think I found the problem, I had a SMB Server running on the tablet and it obviously was conflicting.
Now XBMC finds SMB shares. Guess I need to use ftp for files then.
Will do some tests once it scanned the movies and see how compatible this tablet is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Official Frodo BETA and SMB Share1