XBMC Events to EventGhost
Is there any way to send events in XMBC to EventGhost? I know I can send commands from EventGhost to XMBC, that's easy have it working got the t-shirt, However I'd like XBMC "Volume Up" etc to send an Event to EventGhost so that it can translate to a "Volume Up" on my receiver. This will allow me to use Yatse remote for Android to control my volume from a single application without having to switch over to EventGhost for Android.

Has anyone made a "Reverse" EventGhost XMBC add-on?

Paul
Hi,

i need this as well... Any luck?
I don't believe there is a way to send events to EventGhost, but there is a way for EventGhost to look for changed states / changed object properties. I haven't used EventGhost for this purpose though so unfortunately I cant really tell you how.

Why would you want to change the volume in XBMC and have that change your A/V Receiver? Why not just leave the XBMC system at a constant (or better yet - use audio pass-through) and just change the volume on the A/V Receiver with the remote? I don't know what your situation is here but it seems as though you are doing this backwards.
HTPC - i3-3240 Processor | Asus P8H77-I Mobo | 8 GB PC3 12800 DDR3 | 60 GB SSD | Windows 8.1 w/ XBMC Frodo
NAS Server - Dual Xeon E5440 Quad Core | 32 GB DDR2 ECC | 4 X 2TB Western Digital RED | RAIDz | FreeNAS
Hi Sapper

Well, that is what I am doing now. The problem is, I am using two different remotes - an MCe remote which controls System volume, but also the Yatse remote on Android, which only controls XBMC application volume.

So in my current setup, I am not able to control volume from the pad, but have to locate the other remote just to turn volume up or down or mute when phone rings etc.

The only solutions I can see, to control volume from both MCE remote and Yatse is to either:

- Fix XMBC so it can control system volume instead of application volume. (I know this is "proper" coding, but this is a Media Center App - it should be allowed to control system volume)
- Be able to send events from XBMC to eventghost (and have eventghost control my amp).

There seems to be NO interest in XBMC devs to put in the few lines of code to give me an option to have XBMC control system volume (like MCE does), even though there's ALOT of interest in this if you search for it.

So, the second option might be a better option, as that is a more "generic product" with other applications and thus generate some developer interest ;-) (For instance, if you could send events from XBMC to EventGhost in general, you could have automated homes with automatic turningon projector and roll down the screen etc. :-)
Option 3: Buy a used/remanufactured Harmony for <$50. Program it with all the commands you want (including your MCE IR, as MCE Keyboard) and you can let it do all the work, including changing inputs on your equipment.

Pretty sure the XBMC/Master Volume thing is by design. You want independent audio from players to system volume (system sets the max), especially when you are dealing with mixing options (downmixing, time delays, volume boost, etc).
I'm digging this thread up because I too would like XBMC to send commands to my Eventghost running on my server, which controls my lights.

I'm using the Eventghost webserver, so I could do what I want to if I could simply send HTTP GET requests from XBMC. I've searched and searched but cant find an addon that can help.

The event server can listen on the network, there must be a way to broadcast events to the network?

Thanks for any help!
I'd be also interested into this matter. I want for Event ghost to know if XBMC is playing something. I want to use this knowledge to pause XBMC whenever I stop the amp/tv, but only if there's something playing (I noticed that the Pause command is actually a toggle).
I use EG to control my lights and found the solution.

See this thread --> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...id=1791097

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Events to EventGhost0