Slideshow screensaver - multipath error
I have been messing with the new slideshow addon instead of the builtin one that used to be used. There seems to be a problem with using ANY multipath source. I can use local and network sources but if I try and use any kind of multipath source, it crashes. I pretty much cannot update until that works for the wife. She will watch that thing for a long time and if it goes missing, I might too. Smile Can anyone take a look at it and see if it is fixable please? Thanks.

J_K_M_A_N
Can anybody confirm that multipaths cause an error? If not, I will try and get some logs to see if it is something with my systems. For me, it was ANY multipath that made it not work. It didn't matter if they were local paths or SMB paths or a combination of the two.

J_K_M_A_N
multipath is currently not supported, i'll have a look if it's easy to add.

that being said, it should not crash (and can't reproduce it on my end)
so i would like to see a Debug Log please.

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Here is the log. I cut out a whole bunch in the middle because the log file ends up being over 33 megs. It just repeats over and over until it runs out of memory.

Here is the crash log also.

Thank you for looking at it.

J_K_M_A_N
(2012-12-11, 20:14)J_K_M_A_N Wrote: Here is the log. I cut out a whole bunch in the middle because the log file ends up being over 33 megs. It just repeats over and over until it runs out of memory.

J_K_M_A_N

wow... i have no idea what's going on in there...

i've added support for multipath sources:
screensaver.xbmc.slideshow-0.0.3.zip

please let me know if this works ok
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
THANK YOU! Works great. The wife is happy again. (Although she didn't really notice that I had it running off 1 folder while it was not working. Wink )

Since you are looking, I will just ask. Is there any way to make it keep track of the photos and only show them once a round? (In a database maybe. I thought if it could keep the list in a DB and update when a file is shown, then make a sql statement pick from ones that haven't shown yet...) We end up seeing duplicates out of hundreds and hundreds of photos. I know it is a long shot as not a lot of people use it but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Smile

Thanks again.

J_K_M_A_N
(2012-12-12, 05:55)J_K_M_A_N Wrote: Since you are looking, I will just ask. Is there any way to make it keep track of the photos and only show them once a round?
it does already does that.

the scripts lists all files from the source, randomizes them, and show them one by one.
when it reaches the last image, it starts with the first one again.
Really!? Is that new to the external add on? I swear in the past we had seen the same photo two or maybe even three times. That is very cool. Thanks again!

J_K_M_A_N
you're both right: the random isn't that random, so it's a feature.

edit: sorry it's the new python script. I thought it was the old slideshow.
i never used the old one, so no idea how that one worked.
(2012-12-11, 23:38)ronie Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 20:14)J_K_M_A_N Wrote: Here is the log. I cut out a whole bunch in the middle because the log file ends up being over 33 megs. It just repeats over and over until it runs out of memory.

J_K_M_A_N

wow... i have no idea what's going on in there...

i've added support for multipath sources:
screensaver.xbmc.slideshow-0.0.3.zip

please let me know if this works ok

It's working, but is it possible to implement to rotate the pictures as in the EXIF information?

Thanks in advanced
maybe, maybe not.
follow the discussion here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145644&page=4
(2013-01-06, 11:53)hmeiser2000 Wrote: It's working, but is it possible to implement to rotate the pictures as in the EXIF information?

i'm looking into it, but all my images are rotated correctly...

could provide some image samples that don't rotate correctly?
nevermind.

local images rotate correctly, images on remote shares don't.
(2013-01-08, 03:39)ronie Wrote: nevermind.

local images rotate correctly, images on remote shares don't.

Hi Ronie,all my pictures are on a local hard disks.
I'm using Windows7 as OS and the pictures are all below one directory.
All pictures are displayed in landscape orientation.
I can send you some samples, if you like.

Markus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slideshow screensaver - multipath error0