• 45(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2013-11-08, 19:35)Jackie78 Wrote: Hi,

I have managed to get that 3D menu, but it only appears if I:
- start a 3D movie
- select the 3D Format in the video options
- stop the 3D movie
- start it again.

ABMC then ask me which setting to use, but how can I define keyowrds to automatically detect a file as being 3D?

supported keywords are any of those (not case sensitive):
m_stereoscopicflags_sbs = "3DSBS|3D.SBS|HSBS|H.SBS|H-SBS| SBS |FULL-SBS|FULL.SBS|FULLSBS|FSBS|HALF-SBS";
m_stereoscopicflags_tab = "3DTAB|3D.TAB|HTAB|H.TAB|3DOU|3D.OU|3D.HOU| HOU | OU |HALF-TAB";

alternatively fix the meta/header data of your MKVs and set the stereomode flag.

If you set the stereoscopic mode manually like you described above, you don't have to stop and restart the movie. After you defined the stereoscopic mode a 3D button will applear in the video OSD that allows you to enable/disabled stereoscopic mode in GUI (at least in Confluence the button shows up, might not yet be supported in other skins)
Is there any way to filter 3d flagged movies with a JSON query?

Or is the 3d sub-sections going to be added at core level? Just wondering if it would be possible to jump from home to a 3d movie only page. (in one click)
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
(2013-11-14, 22:57)fastcolors Wrote: Is there any way to filter 3d flagged movies with a JSON query?

Or is the 3d sub-sections going to be added at core level? Just wondering if it would be possible to jump from home to a 3d movie only page. (in one click)

Why not a smart playlist based on one of the 3d tags in the filename?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-11-14, 23:28)nickr Wrote:
(2013-11-14, 22:57)fastcolors Wrote: Is there any way to filter 3d flagged movies with a JSON query?

Why not a smart playlist based on one of the 3d tags in the filename?

I was thinking more of an "out of the box" solution as a skinner... Non user based. For my setup I can have the movies in a sep folder, but I think it would be nice, for the user that has everything in the same box, and doesn't want to learn the tricks of the XBMC trade.
Once the flagging is optimized, being able to have a "show me what I could watch with these awesome 80s red/blue glasses on"-Button would be nice.

but that may be just me.
Image Image
I don't know about JSON query, but skin can uses ListItem.StereoscopicMode and ListItem.IsStereoscopic flags for determine stereo movie. in latest nightly.
(2013-11-15, 00:30)afedchin Wrote: I don't know about JSON query, but skin can uses ListItem.StereoscopicMode and ListItem.IsStereoscopic flags for determine stereo movie. in latest nightly.

I know, but that's of little help for what I was talking about. I mean, to use them I'd have to populate a complete library list and then Hide everything not 3d. I guess I could skip a step and populate a list filtering content by the feature I need (i.e. DTS only or in this case 3D only- being the last one more interesting in my opinion) > given also the new gotham feature of populating static content by plugin.
Image Image
issue is, the 3D flag detection currently is checked in 3 ways for a file (stream flag, manually set video setting and flag in filename) and won't easily apply by i.e just an adjusted SQL query. So I personally don't see an elegant way for such a filter yet.
(2013-11-15, 01:47)da-anda Wrote: issue is, the 3D flag detection currently is checked in 3 ways for a file (stream flag, manually set video setting and flag in filename) and won't easily apply by i.e just an adjusted SQL query. So I personally don't see an elegant way for such a filter yet.

Thanks da-anda.

I see..

So where is the stereo setting stored once found or toggled? couldn't it be stored in Videodb along with the other infos?
Sorry for my lack of knowledge of the XBMC core.
Image Image
Exclamation 
hello community

i´m asking if xmbc plays 3D movies for days, and i don´t have an answer, i saw this thread and

i don´t have that option in my xmbc menu, where you have that 3D option? how can i get that for my menu?

please someone really help me, i have frodo version, but i can´t see movies in 3D

thank you in advance
You actually have had a reply, you just didn't read it.

XBMC plays HSBS and HTAB files perfectly. It does not play MVC files.

There, happy now?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you my friend for your answer but unfortunely, you don´t have reason here is my thread i have 0 answers http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=177777

now, can you be kind and explain me how can i choose the option to see in 3D, because i don´t have it, and i don´t know where to get it

a link would be nice from you

Thank you very much in advance my friend
You also made another post which did get a reply (from me!).

To play a SBS file, you can use the current version called frodo. Play the sbs file then use your TV remote to switch your TV to 3D mode.

If you want 3D OSD and subtitles you need gotham, the next version of XBMC, which is currently in alpha.
(2013-11-15, 07:50)nickr Wrote: You also made another post which did get a reply (from me!).

To play a SBS file, you can use the current version called frodo. Play the sbs file then use your TV remote to switch your TV to 3D mode.

If you want 3D OSD and subtitles you need gotham, the next version of XBMC, which is currently in alpha.

sorry friend i didn´t see it, i´m going to look for the gotham alpha one if i find it

thank you for your help freind

thank you very much really
What operating system are you using? Go here http://xbmc.org/xbmc-13-gotham-september-and-october/ there should be a link to the latest alpha.
i´m in windows 8.1 64bit, i was quitting xmbc because i didn´t see 3D but now, my tv says it is reproducing 3D format, and if i want to press the 3D button

i downloaded one version, seems stable, the subtitles are the problem now, and the resolution when i change to 3D, changes to a much thinner picture, i have to adjust pixel in 2D to pass it to 3D and see if it is ok

thank you for the tip friend, i´m thinking coming back to XBMC, i was using power dvd 13 but he doesn´t show me the subs correctly, after trying many different kinds of conversion, and different players like stereoscopic and 3d vision nvidia player, the only ones that i have heard about, until now, only hear they appear correctly but they stayed like squashed....it has been a pain in the ass enter in this 3D new world for me, i don´t know to much about it, just reading forum after forum with every one with their one solutions, let me confused.

that´s why i was trying to talk to somebody

thanks again
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11