• 64(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
I'm still running some tests on the Gotham OpenGL build for Windows that I compiled. It works really well for half SBS in interlaced mode.

Info on my system and build version
Code:
13:58:22 T:8232  NOTICE: Starting XBMC (14.0-ALPHA1 Git:20140317-33133a5). Platform: x86 Win32 32-bit
13:58:22 T:8232  NOTICE: Using Release XBMC x32 build, compiled Mar 19 2014 by MSVC 160040219 for x86 Win32 32-bit version 0x06000000
13:58:22 T:8232  NOTICE: Running on Windows 8 64-bit, build 9200
13:58:22 T:8232  NOTICE: Host CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, 8 cores available
13:58:22 T:8232  NOTICE: Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 60Hz

OpenGL renderer on Windows
Code:
13:58:22 T:8232  NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = NVIDIA Corporation
13:58:22 T:8232  NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = GeForce GT 240M/PCIe/SSE2
13:58:22 T:8232  NOTICE: GL_VERSION = 3.3.0
13:58:22 T:8232  NOTICE: GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
13:58:22 T:8232  NOTICE: GL_GPU_MEMORY_INFO_TOTAL_AVAILABLE_MEMORY_NVX = 1048576
13:58:22 T:8232  NOTICE: GL_GPU_MEMORY_INFO_DEDICATED_VIDMEM_NVX = 1048576

Screenshot of the interlaced mode (screenshots unfortunately can't show correctly the two blended images)

No drop/skip frames at the time of taking the screenshot.

So, the Windows OpenGL build works really well for half SBS in interlaced mode. But, as expected, it doesn't work well for full SBS: stuttering and lots of drop/skip frames.
Please, how to install and where the "xbmc_3d_subtitles_frodo.patch".
Thanks
there is no way to just "install" it - you have to apply it to the XBMC source code and compile XBMC from source. If you don't know how to do (which I assume by your question) check the wiki for a basic how to or wait for somebody to do it for you. Or just use Gotham beta - why bother with Frodo?
(2014-03-17, 21:07)kinggofg Wrote:
(2014-03-15, 23:50)nickr Wrote: Have you calibrated video inside xbmc - that will screw up 3d.

Did not calibrate.

Attached are 3 screenshots that illustrate.
1. First is the SBS view of a 3d tagged source. See the extreme jaggedness of the smurfs feet. This is what i get on every 3d movie.
2. Second is the same scene in 3d mode played as 2D. it looks like its scaling then shrinking. the jaggeds are even more apparent
3. Third is the original source without any xbmc processing. notice how the lines are not jagged

I will see if I can install windows on the machine and see i its the same.

(2014-03-18, 17:00)kinggofg Wrote: It was at all scaling settings. By default I believe it was Auto

I tried a windows install on same machine and it worked no problem but the acceleration options are completely different.

It works fine for me as long as I turn off "Prefer VDPAU Video Mixer".

If you really want to debug it, I am happy to try to reproduce on a linux build instead of OE and attach any logs or screenshots you want. But it seems like its a driver / acceleration issue which with an easy enough fix of turning off a setting, probably not worth your time.

That said, it does seem like 3d is doing some unnecessary processing. If a video is already SBS and you play it SBS shouldn't xbmc just play the file and not process it? I guess if processing is working properly no one would ever notice.

I have the same issue on my ION-Based PC with Ubuntu on it. Turning "Prefer VDPAU Video Mixer" helps somehow but i ask myself too why XBMC is processing the video when outputing it to the same format.
we have to process it because the video will not always be shown in fullscreen mode within GUI (depending on the skins)
Half SBS - Dropping Video Frames

I have XBMC (Gotham beta 4) on a Windows PC and OpenElec (Gotham beta 4) on an Intel NUC (Haswell i3 latest generation).

All video playback is perfect on both, except for Half SBS. The best way of describing the issue is that every minute or so, it jumps/skips a tiny bit of video perhaps a couple/few frames.

I can replicate it on both my PC and HTPC by watching a scene where it always happens. Occurs in 3D and 2D mode.

What's weird is that if I play the same scene using Windows Media Player, it's perfect - no jumping/skipping.

I have tried nearly every combination of settings possible. Nothing fixes it.

Any suggestions would be seriously very much appreciated. For me it makes 3D not watchable.
Aeon Nox 5, Krypton, LibreELEC (Generic x86 64 7.90.010 ALPHA), Intel NUC D34010WYK
is it one particular movie or does it happen for all SBS movies? At least from your description it sounds like AV clocks are running out of sync and you should enable AV syncing in video playback settings.
(2014-04-27, 19:07)da-anda Wrote: is it one particular movie or does it happen for all SBS movies? At least from your description it sounds like AV clocks are running out of sync and you should enable AV syncing in video playback settings.

Thanks you planted a seed... and now I've replaced the movie that I've been testing, with a very high quality version (massive) file and it plays perfectly (and amazing quality). No need to change any settings. I will do the same for the other problem ones and see how I get on. Go big! (Although, my NAS will soon have to be supersized too!)
Aeon Nox 5, Krypton, LibreELEC (Generic x86 64 7.90.010 ALPHA), Intel NUC D34010WYK
I got this "issue".

For normal movie playback (2) i setup xbmc to use 24hz (cause 60hz gives me stutters)

However
For sbs movies, my projector only supports SBS in 1080p/60hz

So i have to manually change it inside xbmc

Is there a way xbmc automatically uses 24hz for 2d movies and 60hz for sbs movies?
(2014-04-30, 21:40)Skank Wrote: I got this "issue".

For normal movie playback (2) i setup xbmc to use 24hz (cause 60hz gives me stutters)

However
For sbs movies, my projector only supports SBS in 1080p/60hz

So i have to manually change it inside xbmc

Is there a way xbmc automatically uses 24hz for 2d movies and 60hz for sbs movies?

How in XBMC do you make a 24hz SBS file play at 60hz?
Probably set refresh rate to display.
(2014-01-27, 09:14)afedchin Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 09:02)acidizer Wrote: @afedchin
Thanks for the replay, i will give it a try tonight. Please edit the link you posted and remove DOT from the end of the link, for fellas unfamiliar with Google drive Smile Where can i follow the development process and participate as tester?

@baijuxavior
Thanks.
After Gotam release I will create a thread at this forum.

(2014-01-27, 09:06)Tomkun Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 08:59)afedchin Wrote: Your display connected to GeForce? right? Connect it to HDMI port at motherboard.
So I can't have the display through the graphics card, just the integrated graphics?
Yes, Intel InTru 3D can be used only if display connected to the integrated graphics. The version I've posted above support Nvidia also, but you need enable sterescopic into NVidia Control Panel.
Hi Afedchin,

having started a while ago to seriously consider XBMC (Gotham icw Linux/Openelec) as the basis for a fully integrated high-performance media centre development, I have posted some USB audio questions in one forum, and while looking into 3D and blu-ray I came across this thread wrt 3D video playback. My hardware is Intel Haswell i3 which -from chip PoV- supports frame packed full HD 3D.

From what I read is that XBMC in a 'afedchin build' does support this frame packed 3D mode, but only on a Windows environment AND with some 3rd party licensing issues. If so, is it also possible to use some sources for us to make our own Openelec development build? A windows version purely for demo would also be ok; we're working on a blasses-less 55" demo on the short term. We can use another player but it would be great to show this capability running under Windows XBMC if we can be pretty certain it will come to Linux XBMC world ;-)

Can you please indicate the status quo wrt full resolution 3D frame packed (sequential) under (Linux) XBMC?

Thanks in advance and regards,
Having problems with FSBS. I use DVDFab to rip the 3d blurays to FSBS but the aspect ratio always turns out wrong. 16:9 videos are being converted to something like 1.43:1. I can remux the videos back to 16:9, not a big deal. But I figure I must have something set wrong in DVDFab that I need to fix. I know this isn't DVDFab tech support but figured there's probably lots of people here using the software. Just a shot in the dark. Big Grin
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-05-12, 19:10)wgstarks Wrote: Having problems with FSBS. I use DVDFab to rip the 3d blurays to FSBS but the aspect ratio always turns out wrong. 16:9 videos are being converted to something like 1.43:1. I can remux the videos back to 16:9, not a big deal. But I figure I must have something set wrong in DVDFab that I need to fix. I know this isn't DVDFab tech support but figured there's probably lots of people here using the software. Just a shot in the dark. Big Grin

Damn I just started a thread with this exact issue
@wgstarks fix the display resolution in the MKV header and set it to 1920x1080 (or whatever the dimension of 1 single frame is in case it's cropped).
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11