• 23(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
Glasses seems to be the same everywhere - they are just 2 polarisation filters, nothing more. I meant screen itself can display it different (I don't know, maybe it's possible - even/odd lines swapped?). I have LG Cinema 3D computer monitor, perhaps you can look if you find eye swapped picture in interlaced mode (the same as me) or not?

Anyway, interlaced mode seems to be swapped incorrectly, myabe anyone can test it and confirm?
(2013-06-10, 10:40)da-anda Wrote:
(2013-06-10, 05:01)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2013-06-09, 19:56)plesken Wrote: Hi

I've been testing last commit of elupus and it's working fine! I've noticed the icon of "3D" display only when the file is recognized as stereoscopic. So, what with the files (OU/SBS) from internet hosting (putlocker/hd3d...) where I can't change of name or header? I'd like to handle it on my plugin. Is it possible to switch stereoscopic mode via python script?

This I have suggested earlier. You just need to edit the settings.xml file to show the 3D icon always.
wrong - this is skin specific - so you have to change the VideoOSD.xml of Confluence and remove the "VideoPlayer.IsStereoscopic" condition on that button. I might change that though (preparing a PR for this).

It is VideoOSD.xml indeed. I wrongly posted settings.xml.
Anyone care to give me a run down on how to compile this? I tried using git to clone elupus' source, but have errors on libdvdnav. I'm thinking I need to pull the main xbmc and then patch it with elupus, but can't find a guide.

Oh, Frodo 12.2, ubuntu 12.10, got build-dep etc.
Just follow the instructions on the wiki.
Soo.. i've reworked the setting a bit. I know da-anda doesn't like it too much. But let's get some other opinions.

* There now only exist one setting for the preferred stereoscopic mode, which doubles as system stereoscopic mode if we want to always run stereoscopic.
* I've removed the "has stereoscopic" setting, since imho we should not hide the feature. people with non stereoscopic systems want the 2d setting anyway
* If you switch modes with no video playing (using keyboard shortcuts and such) that will change system mode, otherwise only current for the video
* i've added preliminary support for modifying the video's stereoscopic mode in the video osd. This will enable the 3D osd button after you have selected a mode of the video (note, the setting is currently not remembered between playbacks).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

For those wondering.
* Full SBS/AB modes are supported, just make sure your video's have correct display aspect (should still be 1920x1080)
* auto switching of TV resolution are not supported
* if your tv and computer can switch to a frame packed resolution ( resolutions are 1920x2205, 1280x1470 and can be added as modelines ) you can switch to TAB with full 3d resolution. it should add the required padding between frames.
* also i added the ability in video osd to swap left and right images (invert)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

For anybody coding on windows and running AMD: http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/...uffer-sdk/ that should not be very hard to add support for in my branch. Should give support for anything those AMD cards can display stereoscopic too. I don't have any such hardware so I won't be doing it.

Sounds great, really hope this gets implemented.
Any chance of this being implemented in XBMC 13.0?
Is this possible to bind eye swap option to keyboard shortcut?
(2012-12-05, 21:09)ktrz Wrote: Hello

Base on plesken 3D Subtitles patch (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127365) I'd created new one for Frodo and Eden. Major changes are:
  • corrected width and height of subtitles in 3D mode - they look on TV like regular subtitles
  • added changing 3D subtitles mode from keyboard (connected to 'b' key)
  • added changing 3D subtitles mode from remote (connected to 'blue' key)
  • added displaying 3D subtitles mode in message box during changing

Patches can be found there:
Eden: http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/56773202/file.html
Frodo: http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/64566276/file.html

Tested on Frodo, Eden and OpenELEC 2.0 (patch might need some changes)

Hello, after downloading the file ... How do I run it? Where do I install it?
(2013-06-16, 17:15)elupus Wrote: Soo.. i've reworked the setting a bit. I know da-anda doesn't like it too much. But let's get some other opinions.

* There now only exist one setting for the preferred stereoscopic mode, which doubles as system stereoscopic mode if we want to always run stereoscopic.
* I've removed the "has stereoscopic" setting, since imho we should not hide the feature. people with non stereoscopic systems want the 2d setting anyway
* If you switch modes with no video playing (using keyboard shortcuts and such) that will change system mode, otherwise only current for the video
* i've added preliminary support for modifying the video's stereoscopic mode in the video osd. This will enable the 3D osd button after you have selected a mode of the video (note, the setting is currently not remembered between playbacks).

I have set preferred stereoscopic mode as SBS and enabled 'Always display gui in stereoscopic mode'. Now every time I start xbmc it starts in sbs mode. Usually we start XBMC with 3D off in TV and so we don't want to see the gui in stereomode at startup. If I disable 'Always display gui in stereoscopic mode' option then xbmc will start normally, but then after stopping playback the gui is switched to normal mode which is not good as the TV is already set to SBS mode manually. The point is, we should either keep the option 'Stop stereoscopic mode when playback is stopped' or change the code to start xbmc in 2d mode always.
(2013-06-16, 19:28)djcorvus Wrote: Any chance of this being implemented in XBMC 13.0?

YOu seem to be around here long enaugh to know that you will probably not get an answer to such questions. But if you actually READ back a few pages, you see there is a pull request adding this to XBMC master with people saying "I'd like to get it in this cycle" - So I would say: The chances are quite good Undecided

(2013-06-17, 01:32)nanote86 Wrote:
(2012-12-05, 21:09)ktrz Wrote: Hello

Base on plesken 3D Subtitles patch (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127365) I'd created new one for Frodo and Eden. Major changes are:
  • corrected width and height of subtitles in 3D mode - they look on TV like regular subtitles
  • added changing 3D subtitles mode from keyboard (connected to 'b' key)
  • added changing 3D subtitles mode from remote (connected to 'blue' key)
  • added displaying 3D subtitles mode in message box during changing

Patches can be found there:
Eden: http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/56773202/file.html
Frodo: http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/64566276/file.html

Tested on Frodo, Eden and OpenELEC 2.0 (patch might need some changes)

Hello, after downloading the file ... How do I run it? Where do I install it?
Welcome to the forum!
Big Grin
The content of the first post is quite obsolete for some time. elupus and da-anda are working on a inclusion of 3D features into mainline XBMC. So if you want to run a version of xbmc with these changes you would have to compile your very own XBMC using elupus' branch (instructions on the wiki). You could also use a precompiled version someone provided some pages back (maybe 8 or 10 back) but it does not contain the latest and greatest.

The *.patch files you were trying to "install" actually are patches for the xbmc code - you could only use them to change xbmc's behaviour BEFORE you compile your own version. (But - as I mentioned - you would rather want to compile elupus '3d' branch)
(2013-06-17, 05:24)baijuxavior Wrote: I have set preferred stereoscopic mode as SBS and enabled 'Always display gui in stereoscopic mode'. Now every time I start xbmc it starts in sbs mode. Usually we start XBMC with 3D off in TV and so we don't want to see the gui in stereomode at startup. If I disable 'Always display gui in stereoscopic mode' option then xbmc will start normally, but then after stopping playback the gui is switched to normal mode which is not good as the TV is already set to SBS mode manually. The point is, we should either keep the option 'Stop stereoscopic mode when playback is stopped' or change the code to start xbmc in 2d mode always.

Starting in 2d always then is likely the best solution. Alternatively we could ask on startup. But good point, that is something I hadn't really taken into consideration.

(2013-06-16, 17:15)elupus Wrote: * There now only exist one setting for the preferred stereoscopic mode, which doubles as system stereoscopic mode if we want to always run stereoscopic.
I'm just compiling it and will give it a try. The only issue I see is that there is no "use/match videos stereo mode" option anymore as "preferred mode", which users with active 3D displays (shutter) might prefer instead of converting the video back and forth and was the reason I added this option in first place (ofc only makes sense if display can be switched into 3D mode automatically, like on the pi).

(2013-06-16, 17:15)elupus Wrote: * I've removed the "has stereoscopic" setting, since imho we should not hide the feature. people with non stereoscopic systems want the 2d setting anyway
Hmm, users that give a fuck on stereosopics and don't have a stereoscopic setup most likely also won't have any stereoscopic videos (why should they) - so they also don't need any stereo->2D conversion buttons or other stuff that clutters the UI.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11